Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial] BlueWallet - Bitcoin Wallet Discussion - page 2. (Read 2938 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 755
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.15
Blue Wallet official download link: App Store | Google Play

Around 12 items included in the Bluwallet update version v6.4.15.
For MacOS version of Bluewallet users, in this version of update there are additional Wallet item menus.
Since I am not a bluewallet user on MacOS, I don't know how to do this.

Three additions, one Wallet menu item on MacOS, two more additions related to Haptic Feedback on Android and the other allowed to import the QR code from other sources.
This is the source of Bluewallet update version v6.4.15.

ADD:
  • macOS Add Wallet menu item
  • Haptic feedback on Android
  • Allow importing a QR Code image from other sources

FIX:
  • Dismissing Scanner would result in undefined reject
  • There is a bug when using the scanning function when creating a multi-signature signature#5869
  • Transactions List component does not update on setParams #5844
  • Clipboard toggle was not visible in Settings
  • Wallet change macOS app UI fixes
  • Startup crash on macOS app
  • Sensitive onPress when using tooltip
  • Rare crash on startup if not in offline mode (closes #5898) (#5964)

REF:
  • Haptic feedback into a class with power state verification (#5954)

Hopefully this notification is useful.
*Carefully guard and protect your seed phrase for asset safety.
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.14

Fixed two things in the v6.4.14 version update which was done about two days ago.
Fixed the exception trying broadcast after scanning PSBT from QR and correctly work with addresses funded by coinbase transactions.

• FIX: exception trying broadcast after scanning PSBT from QR
  • FIX: correctly work with addresses funded by coinbase transactions

Before version v6.4.14 which only fixed two things, in version v6.4.12, the addition of tool to generate last mnemonic word, is very good for BlueWallet.

UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.12

Oct 25, releases version update v6.4.10 announced by marcosrdz via github account as I attached previously.

Yesterday, without any release of version v6.4.11, now there is a direct update to version v.6.4.12.
As of v.6.4.12, there are 13 points included. 3 of the points in v6.4.12, bluewallet added RON currency for widget, See currency when tap and hold on balance, and tool to generate last mnemonic word.

• ADD: RON currency for widget
  • ADD: See currency when tap and hold on balance
  • ADD: tool to generate last mnemonic word (#5722)
  • FIX: better tracking opt out (related #5688)
  • FIX: correct merge of params when navigating between screens
  • FIX: Lightning wallet CSV export does not differentiate between paid and expired invoices #5835
  • FIX: Sometimes would crash due to lack of initialParams
  • FIX: Wrong Suite was being targeted
  • FIX: Call dismiss on ActionSheet to avoid duplicate firing
  • FIX: Re-enable groups on watch app
  • FIX: Show alert with error message when a selected file isn't valid
  • FIX: Apple Watch app not working #5470
  • FIX: Wait for transitions to finish before showing sheet

UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.10

Yesterday, BlueWallet released version v6.4.10 a week after the release of v6.4.9.
I just got this information on the github.com BlueWallet account which was updated by the account marcosdz.

If in the v6.4.9 release there were 11 points included in the update, now in the v6.4.10 release there are 7 points included in the latest update including REF: Privacy screen.

• FIX: Check if theres a string before triggering the clipboard alert
  • FIX: The scrolling behavior after deleting a wallet was not natural. Let the component figure it out
  • FIX: iOS version is showing wallets' balance on Home Screen even when option is disabled #5500
  • FIX: Bug: CNY price is wrong #5705
  • FIX: View controller-based status bar appearance
  • FIX: Notifications Permission issues on newer Android APIs
  • REF: Privacy screen

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
Does this mean BlueWallet doesn’t allow a transaction to proceed with a fee of 300 sats less.
300 sats? Do you mean 3 sat/vbyte?
No, the minimum fee rate you have to use, so that your transaction can be broadcasted depends on the network state.

Since different nodes can have different setting and different purging fee rate, you could probably broadcast your transaction with connecting to a different server.

According to mempool.space, the purging fee rate for nodes that use default setting is now 1.76 sat/vbyte.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Has anyone else experienced similar problem before?
IIRC, there was a user who mentioned the same thing in the past but I couldn't find his/her post. The good thing is that this issue isn't directly related or rather limited to BlueWallet only and to find the answers to your questions, you can refer to the following thread: Mempool min fee
Activity: 378
Merit: 226
Today I faced a challenge while trying to make a transaction out of my BlueWallet. With the mempool less congested and the estimated fee rate from mempool.space was 2sats/vbyte same was shown as the top priority on the BlueWallet with 1sat/vbyte been the minimum I decide not get greedy although I didn’t wasn’t in hurry for the transaction so I customized fee rate 1.5sats/vbyte, and I got an error so I opted for the high priority fee rate of 2 sats/vbyte but still the I got the error in the image below. I thought it was sync error and I logged out and log into the BlueWallet again and sync it but same thing occurred at that 2sats/vbyte fee rate, I was only able to get my transaction broadcasted with a 3 sats/vbyte.

Does this mean BlueWallet doesn’t allow a transaction to proceed with a fee of 300 sats less. If at all the mempool was congested and the purging fee rate was above my fee rate I would have thought other wise although it wouldn’t still be proper. But I wan snyc the mempool then and 2sats/vbyte was ok to get my transaction confirmed in the next block but BlueWallet didn’t allow me to proceed.

Has anyone else experienced similar problem before?
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.9

BlueWallet released a new version update.
I missed notifications regarding several of the latest releases after I last informed you about the release of version 6.4.6 here. There should be two releases that I need to inform you about, namely v6.4.7 and v.6.4.8.
Yesterday, BlueWallet released version 6.4.9 which was announced via github.com.
In this version, namely v.6.4.9, there are 11 points included in the update.

Here he is;
  • ADD: airdrop ms cosigner (#5682)
  • FIX: Only make call if watch is reachable
  • FIX: better tx list update when transactions actually changed (rel #5615)
  • FIX: pull-to-refresh while inside the wallet doesnt update the tx list (closes #5615)
  • FIX: incorrect fees occasionally (for some electrum servers); better fee estimation
  • FIX: unable to delete faulty wallet (rel #5661)
  • FIX: Settings was not fully visible on newer iPhone models
  • FIX: round circles on Multisig screen
  • FIX: stateURL default value
  • FIX: import single-sig wallet descriptor (closes #5637)
  • REF: Camera Authorization Request

Edit to warn; Maintain and protect the seed phrase properly for asset safety.

Hope it's useful.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
Same as SFR10, tapping the green button or tapping the send button, the fee can change if you cancel sending, I mean when you repeat it again by pressing the send button the amount of the fee changes again or is no longer the same as the fee as on the first try you did.
It is hosseinimr93 that gave me the perfect answer which is that wallets do not have good fee estimation. If I look at mempool.space, the fee is always 1 sat/vbye higher than the fee estimation on Bluewallet. There are times that this can cause you a problem. An example is when the fee is not going below 10 sat/vbyte recently during last weekend but Bluewallet is estimating 9 sat/vbyte. If you used 10 sat/vbyte, the transaction that would have gotten confirmed at 10 sat/vbyte will not get confirmed at 9 say/vbyte and you will noticed that the transaction do not get confirmed throughout that day. Go to last weekend on mempool to know what I am talking about. You can use https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC,1w,weight for it, I have set it to a week already. There was 10 sat/vbyte also on mempool.space, the day I am talking about but Bluewallet estimated 9 sat/vbyte. If you are using Bluewallet frequently, you will understand what I am talking about. There was a time it was 14 sat/vbyte but Bluewallet was estimating 13 sat/vbyte.
The third thing is that the fee is not accurate, it is 1 sat/vbytes lower than mempool estimation.
Same as SFR10, tapping the green button or tapping the send button, the fee can change if you cancel sending, I mean when you repeat it again by pressing the send button the amount of the fee changes again or is no longer the same as the fee as on the first try you did.

It is a good wallet but it would be good if those things are corrected.
Apart from the technical answers that have been answered, I think the three weaknesses that you think developers need to improve can be tried to suggest to them via their github considering that bluewallet is an open source bitcoin wallet.
As an Android [v13] user who did some tests in the past, I never experienced it, so it might have something to do with your device or its operating system [did it happen in iOS?].
I am using Bluewallet on two phones. The first phone is running Android 12 while the second phone is running Android 13. I have noticed this on Android 12 but recently I thought the error has been fixed until I used Bluewallet yesterday on Android 13 and I noticed the bug. I will make transaction on the Android 12 anytime I have coin on the wallet and see if it is not like that. If it is like that, I think the same bug should not affect the same phone which are not small phones.

That’s synchronization issue, you don’t necessarily need to go out of the wallet to get this done. You just go to the top of the wallet and drag it down to allow it to reload, it will immediately update everything.
You are using the iOS but I am using Android.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
Another thing I do not like about Bluewallet is that it will not show the last thing you have done in the wallet. Like if you send bitcoin, it will not show it until you close the app and open it again.

That’s synchronization issue, you don’t necessarily need to go out of the wallet to get this done. You just go to the top of the wallet and drag it down to allow it to reload, it will immediately update everything.

The third thing is that the fee is not accurate, it is 1 sat/vbytes lower than mempool estimation.

I have also experienced this but it is actually not a problem because they use different estimators just like others have said. On most occasions they usually set the high priority fee higher than that on the mempool. I had paid 15sats/vbyte for transaction that could be confirmed fast for 9sats/vbyte. So what I do is to check the estimators and then customize my fees to my preferred rate.

One thing I would like the app on IOS to address is whenever you exit the app it should request for a password to login again even though it is immediately you exit. Most at times if you exit immediately you can get back into the wallet freely without it requesting a password.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Another thing I do not like about Bluewallet is that it will not show the last thing you have done in the wallet. Like if you send bitcoin, it will not show it until you close the app and open it again.
As an Android [v13] user who did some tests in the past, I never experienced it, so it might have something to do with your device or its operating system [did it happen in iOS?].

In addition to hosseinimr93's comment, if you tap the green 1 sat/vByte button you'll get a different set of fees that are closer to what's listed on the mempool.space.
legendary
If you copy an address of a receiver, as you open Bluewallet, the wallet will ask you if you want to paste the address so that it can be used for sending bitcoin. ...........
To avoid such mistakes, disable "Read Clipboard". To do so, tap on the 3 dots button at top right corner of the screen and after that go to "General settings" and then "Privacy".

Different wallets and tools use different methods for fee estimation and take note that none of them are accurate.
What I will like Bluewallet developers to improve:

If you copy an address of a receiver, as you open Bluewallet, the wallet will ask you if you want to paste the address so that it can be used for sending bitcoin. Let us say you have more than one wallet on the wallet app and you last opened the second wallet. After you close the wallet, it can be in your mind that you last open the second wallet and if you want to use it to send bitcoin, you will think that you can just copy and paste from clipboard as Bluewallet ask you, if you paste, it will paste the address on the first wallet sending space. I almost wanted to make a mistake with it but my first wallet was not funded, I would have made the mistake by sending from the first wallet instead of the second.

The second thing is that paste what is on clipboard that it is asking by Bluewallet is annoying. You may copy the address for other thing but it will ask you about it. If I want to use Blue wallet to verify a message and I copy the address that I want to verify its message, it will not asked that than to paste the address on the sending space.

It is a good wallet but it would be good if those things are corrected.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1605
The problem is probably from the server you have connected to.
It seems so. But simple switching on and back off the offline mode didn’t change anything.
By default, BlueWallet chooses the server automatically. Try manually filling in the Electrum server in BlueWallet's Network settings (you can see the server list in the Electrum Wallet in the Tools-Network-Overview menu), then restart BlueWallet.
Thank you, it has helped. I’ve chosen the server from your screenshot (coinucopia), and now BlueWallet can find all my transactions, so the current balance is also calculated correctly.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
The address is the same. I see all the transactions of this address on mempool.space, but not in the BlueWallet.

By default, BlueWallet chooses the server automatically. Try manually filling in the Electrum server in BlueWallet's Network settings (you can see the server list in the Electrum Wallet in the Tools-Network-Overview menu), then restart BlueWallet.

In the following example, I manually selected a server in BlueWallet and activated the Use SSL option:

You can see the history of the servers you have selected manually in Server History.
legendary
My BlueWallet fails to synchronise with the network.
The problem is probably from the server you have connected to.

Tap on the three dot button at top right corner of the window. Go to "Network" and then "Electrum Server". Enable "offline Mode" and then disable it.
With enabling and disabling "Offline mode", you will connect to a different electrum server and you will probably see your transactions and your correct balance.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1605
Is the Bitcoin address used for transactions in other software the same as that in BlueWallet?

I assume that the other wallet is a Hierarchical Deterministic wallet so that during transactions, it can use a different address to process the return of unused funds, and it is not connected to the BlueWallet when you import it using the private key instead of using the seed phrase.
The address is the same. I see all the transactions of this address on mempool.space, but not in the BlueWallet.
Hi. Are you using your own node? Or someone else's?
No, I don’t have a full Bitcoin node. I check my transactions via a public blockchain explorer. Now I also can check and find all of them via Electrum wallet. It’s weird because both wallets (BlueWallet and Electrum) seem to use the same Electrum server as a source of information about transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
My BlueWallet fails to synchronise with the network. It shows me that the Electrum server is connected, but the last transaction it can find was 16 days ago. After that day I had four transactions with the address linked to Bluewallet. I made those transactions via another software. And Bluewallet doesn’t know anything about them. It still consider my TX-output from Aug-27 as unspent. Of course, when I try to spend it from Bluewallet, it says that the coin cannot be used, but it does not renew the balance and the transactions list even after such transaction attempt.

I’ve imported the private key to the Electrum wallet on the same device, and it shows correct amount.

Does anyone have the same issue with BlueWallet?
Is the Bitcoin address used for transactions in other software the same as that in BlueWallet?

I assume that the other wallet is a Hierarchical Deterministic wallet so that during transactions, it can use a different address to process the return of unused funds, and it is not connected to the BlueWallet when you import it using the private key instead of using the seed phrase.
Pages:
Jump to: