Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial] BlueWallet - Bitcoin Wallet Discussion - page 6. (Read 2940 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Has anyone tried this feature out?
I tried Payjoin in different wallets and I think it's cool to have, but none of my regular contacts was using it so it never became my standard bitcoin privacy tool.

What other wallets have this feature?  In casual searching, I have not found any easy-to-use wallets that do have Payjoin.
I think I tested it in Samourai mobile wallet, but I saw it was available in very good Sparrow desktop wallet.
However, I am not sure if all Payjoins are equal and compatible between wallets.

How about merchants (or other recipients) who use this feature?
BTCPay Server is using them, but other than that I didn't saw them in any merchants that accept Bitcoin.

Is Payjoin finally getting popular?
I don't think so, but Ordinals are ''popular'' now  Cheesy
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
-- What other wallets have this feature?  In casual searching, I have not found any easy-to-use wallets that do have Payjoin.
Although there are not many available wallets who support payjoin feature, upon searching I found a few along with bluewallet like wasabi wallet, BTCPay server, and Joinmarket. I haven't tried this feature myself yet but I know it is used for increased privacy.
More about payjoin and supporting/non-supporting wallets list : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/PayJoin_adoption

I see here that even bitcoin core doesn't have payjoin? Can someone confirm this?
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1792

I was happy to note that Blue Wallet supports Payjoin.

-- Has anyone tried this feature out?

-- What other wallets have this feature?  In casual searching, I have not found any easy-to-use wallets that do have Payjoin.

-- How about merchants (or other recipients) who use this feature?  

-- Is Payjoin finally getting popular?

Any insights greatly appreciated.

(edited)
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
It's really strange that electrum wallet isn't available on iOS though it is available for MAC OS. Also, they haven't released a better version for Android, don't know the reason for this ?
The popularity they have gained over the time they should have come up with best apps for both Android and iOS, but they lack in this.
Maybe because they don't have enough to pay to Android and ios developers? There is no incentive for the devs to develop it in these OS since they don't earn or get anything being a non-profitable wallet. You can ask the same for mycelium or bluewallet, why haven't they released a better app for desktop? Why are they just better in mobile mode despite being so popular?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
My second question, Electurm or Blue Wallet, which one you think is better?

For me personally electrum never really worked as expected on android - it was constantly crashing at the most inconvenient places. That said, even if it worked great I think bluewallet is much, much more polished and a better user experience - and it's available on ios as well, which electrum is not.

It's really strange that electrum wallet isn't available on iOS though it is available for MAC OS. Also, they haven't released a better version for Android, don't know the reason for this ?
The popularity they have gained over the time they should have come up with best apps for both Android and iOS, but they lack in this.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I've tried different versions of Electrum on different computers with different Linux distributions.
Do any of those computers share any common hardware like the mouse?
I am asking because of Unusual issues with Trezor Suite. I am sure that I belong to a small circle of lucky individuals who can't use the Trezor Suite properly because there is a compatibility issue with my mouse. The software doesn't crash, but it lags and doesn't accept my mouse entries, forcing my to click 2, 3, or more times before it finally works. Shocked

That would be a bit extreme, I never consider Windows an option Tongue
Haha.
for fun
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Electrum often crashes for me too, on my desktop. It happens right after broadcasting a transaction from a hardware wallet, and I've reproduced it with different versions on different (Linux) systems.
I have never seen that on my end, but I use Windows, so it might be a compatibility issue between Electrum and your Linux distros. To make things worse, maybe it also involves some hardware you are using.
I've tried different versions of Electrum on different computers with different Linux distributions. One of them was an Electrum Fork wallet that had the same problem. I'm now just used to it: once in about 3 transactions, Electrum crashes and I restart it. Sometimes I have to send my transaction again.

Have you ever used Electrum on Windows PC and how did that go?
That would be a bit extreme, I never consider Windows an option Tongue
legendary
Electrum often crashes for me too, on my desktop. It happens right after broadcasting a transaction from a hardware wallet, and I've reproduced it with different versions on different (Linux) systems.
I have never seen that on my end, but I use Windows, so it might be a compatibility issue between Electrum and your Linux distros. To make things worse, maybe it also involves some hardware you are using. Have you ever used Electrum on Windows PC and how did that go?

The mobile version of Electrum gets on my nerves because there is often no back button. Not in the app and it doesn't accept the back button on my phone. Trying to go back to the previous screen results in a crash or my phone closing and minimizing the app. The PC variant is an excellent piece of software. The mobile version unfortunately looks and feels like a weekend project by a group of University students. 
Activity: 27
Merit: 12
When it crashes, the transaction may or may not have been sent right before it crashed.

I've never had it crash on desktop, personally, but the mobile app was a complete disaster for me. The desktop electrum app does have some quirks with multisig that blue wallet does not, but I ended up moving to sparrow.
legendary
For me personally electrum never really worked as expected on android - it was constantly crashing at the most inconvenient places.
Try using the desktop version of Electrum.
~
try to interpret what LoyceV is saying about which is better between Electrum and Blue Wallet.
When it crashes, the transaction may or may not have been sent right before it crashed.
Try using the desktop version of Electrum. You'll be saying the exact opposite once you understand how to use the desktop version of Electrum. Electrum and Blue Wallet are both good Bitcoin wallets, but Blue Wallet is better suited to the mobile version for small transactions as Blue Wallet's features on Android and iOS are superior.

I've been using electrum on desktop pretty much ever since it first came out, it's an excellent wallet - on desktop.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 755
For me personally electrum never really worked as expected on android - it was constantly crashing at the most inconvenient places. That said, even if it worked great I think bluewallet is much, much more polished and a better user experience - and it's available on ios as well, which electrum is not.
Try using the desktop version of Electrum. You'll be saying the exact opposite once you understand how to use the desktop version of Electrum. Electrum and Blue Wallet are both good Bitcoin wallets, but Blue Wallet is better suited to the mobile version for small transactions as Blue Wallet's features on Android and iOS are superior.

Please try Electrum on desktop first, then come back here and tell us what you've experienced.
It's even better if you visit the Electrum child board and follow the discussions there.
In the meantime, try to interpret what LoyceV is saying about which is better between Electrum and Blue Wallet.

I'd choose Electrum on a desktop, and BlueWallet on mobile. There is no "one wallet fits all".
Try for yourself Smiley

Another convenience found in Blue Wallet is being able to import from wallets that are currently used, such as Trust Wallet, by entering 12 phrases.
Blue wallet supports only bitcoin so if you import the trust wallet by entering the phrases, how will it import the altcoins stored in the trust wallet ?  Or it will only show your bitcoin present in trust wallet?

Good question.
When I import Trust Wallet phrases into Blue Wallet, it is only Bitcoin and Altcoins are not shown in Blue Wallet.
This is as far as I am concerned while using the mobile version of Blue Wallet.

Actually, both questions have been answered. Your first question has been answered by Pmalek and your second question has been answered by LovceV. Both answers given by them both in my opinion are quite appropriate so I think the answer has represented what you want to get.

Thank you LovceV and Pmalek.
legendary
Blue wallet supports only bitcoin so if you import the trust wallet by entering the phrases, how will it import the altcoins stored in the trust wallet?
It won't show the altcoins. Both wallets generate BIP39-compatible seeds, but only one is a multicurrency wallet while the other isn't.  

Or it will only show your bitcoin present in trust wallet?
Assuming both wallets use the same derivation paths, and I think they do, only your bitcoin will be recovered.

I agree with LoyceV on this one. I use Electrum myself, but only the desktop version. I don't like the mobile version as it lacks important features compared to the desktop one. Blue Wallet on mobile has more advanced options than its Electrum counterpart. It also looks and feels better.
legendary
Electurm or Blue Wallet, which one you think is better?
I'd choose Electrum on a desktop, and BlueWallet on mobile. There is no "one wallet fits all".
Try for yourself Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
Another convenience found in Blue Wallet is being able to import from wallets that are currently used, such as Trust Wallet, by entering 12 phrases.

Blue wallet supports only bitcoin so if you import the trust wallet by entering the phrases, how will it import the altcoins stored in the trust wallet ?  Or it will only show your bitcoin present in trust wallet?

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
And according to what I discovered, the bluewallet is not the best option to use to hide our assets that are bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
If you mean for cold storage, definitely not. You should use very well tested software like Bitcoin Core or Electrum, and use your own node to load up the wallet from non-airgapped device as watch-only.

BlueWallet is best if you want to use lightning, don't want to run a node, and don't care about self-custody nor about the comparably high routing fee. It's also a good on-chain wallet, because as said is open-source and perhaps the most reviewed across all Android Bitcoin wallet software.
[snip]
That seems strange, the download is fine and then it can't be opened in the blue wallet. I suddenly became curious about this bluewallet.

And according to what I discovered, the bluewallet is not the best option to use to hide our assets that are bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. Because this is what I saw on reddit,

[snip]
Every work made by humans must have a weak point. Perhaps the problem experienced is not in the application but in the android version as explained by several people who have good knowledge in technical matters.

Blue Wallet is one of the good Bitcoin wallets for users who want to store assets because it is Open-Source and Non-Custodial. If I'm not mistaken, an administrator even suggested Blue Wallet of the many best Bitcoin wallets to use after the FTX incident with good intentions and goals for all of us in safeguarding assets.
Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts

If you think Blue Wallet is not the best choice, there are still many other good wallets that you can use to safeguard your valuable assets.
legendary
And according to what I discovered, the bluewallet is not the best option to use to hide our assets that are bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. Because this is what I saw on reddit,
That's not what the Reddit post is talking about. If you want to hide your assets, use Bitcoin Core on Tor with manual coin control. Bitcoin Core does meet all requirements the Reddit guy is looking for.

Different wallets have different purposes. If there would be "a best wallet" for every use, everyone would use it. That would lead to terrible centralization, so I'm glad I still get to choose.
Pages:
Jump to: