Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial] BlueWallet - Bitcoin Wallet Discussion - page 3. (Read 2940 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 896
My BlueWallet fails to synchronise with the network. It shows me that the Electrum server is connected, but the last transaction it can find was 16 days ago. After that day I had four transactions with the address linked to Bluewallet. I made those transactions via another software. And Bluewallet doesn’t know anything about them. It still consider my TX-output from Aug-27 as unspent. Of course, when I try to spend it from Bluewallet, it says that the coin cannot be used, but it does not renew the balance and the transactions list even after such transaction attempt.

I’ve imported the private key to the Electrum wallet on the same device, and it shows correct amount.

Does anyone have the same issue with BlueWallet?

Hi. Are you using your own node? Or someone else's?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1605
My BlueWallet fails to synchronise with the network. It shows me that the Electrum server is connected, but the last transaction it can find was 16 days ago. After that day I had four transactions with the address linked to Bluewallet. I made those transactions via another software. And Bluewallet doesn’t know anything about them. It still consider my TX-output from Aug-27 as unspent. Of course, when I try to spend it from Bluewallet, it says that the coin cannot be used, but it does not renew the balance and the transactions list even after such transaction attempt.

I’ve imported the private key to the Electrum wallet on the same device, and it shows correct amount.

Does anyone have the same issue with BlueWallet?
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
How to sign a message when using vault option? It disappeared in that type.

You can't.
If you set it up with a hardware wallet you need to sign it with that.
If you set it up as a multisig there is no standard for signing with multisig as far as I know. Could have changed but last I looked it was not there.

And it's also a security thing. If you have a 2 of 3 multisig any 2 people can sign but you would never know which 2. Since they can spend the BTC it does not matter from that view but you would never be able to prove more then that.

-Dave
Activity: 182
Merit: 35
STRAIGHT FORWARD
How to sign a message when using vault option? It disappeared in that type.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 755
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.6
Blue Wallet official download link: App Store | Google Play

For BlueWallet users, now the Bitcoin wallet that was worked on in 2017 has released a new version update.
The previous version v6.4.5 was released last month, about four days ago, verai v6.4.6 was released again which focused on several added points such as adding SeedQR backup scanning support as seen in the quote below.

• ADD: add new languages
  • ADD: support scanning SeedQR backup (closes #4959)
  • FIX: incorrect error handling when scanning invalid BC-UR data
  • FIX: incorrect data display on multisig wallet details screen
  • FIX: Scan of descriptor QR from Sparrow Wallet not working (closes #5539)
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I am slightly confused. Is bluewallet supporting lightning again?
https://bluewallet.io/sunsetting-lndhub/ <- I thought they shut down their service. However their website still advertises as a "Lightning Wallet with zero configuration". See: https://bluewallet.io/lightning/
What has been closed is the LndHub BlueWallet service. BlueWallet can still be a Lightning wallet; you must use your LND node or something else. Look at Settings-Network-Lightning Settings.

Previously, when the URL column was left blank, by default, it would use BlueWallet's LNDHub:

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.5

7 May 2023, Blue Wallet released version 6.4.4 and on 12 June or two days ago, Blue Wallet again released the latest version from version 6.4.4 to version 6.4.5 which was announced by @marcosrdz on github.com.

On version 6.4.5. Blue Wallet added support multiple accounts from Keystone hw wallet and fixed about 5 items as I quote below.

- ADD: support multiple accounts from Keystone hw wallet (closes #5281)
- FIX: un-cache refill onchain addresses on cold start.
- FIX: sync ar-SA, it, sv, ar, fa, he, id, jp, sv_se and ua languages
- FIX: fix errors in RU language
- FIX: wallet->receive->qr share as an image
- FIX: Watch complication name was "BlueWallet"
- DEL: rectangular accessory from iOS widgets
- REF: electrum (more public servers; better batching support)

I am slightly confused. Is bluewallet supporting lightning again?
https://bluewallet.io/sunsetting-lndhub/ <- I thought they shut down their service. However their website still advertises as a "Lightning Wallet with zero configuration". See: https://bluewallet.io/lightning/
UPDATE: Releases Blue Wallet Version 6.4.5

7 May 2023, Blue Wallet released version 6.4.4 and on 12 June or two days ago, Blue Wallet again released the latest version from version 6.4.4 to version 6.4.5 which was announced by @marcosrdz on github.com.

On version 6.4.5. Blue Wallet added support multiple accounts from Keystone hw wallet and fixed about 5 items as I quote below.

- ADD: support multiple accounts from Keystone hw wallet (closes #5281)
- FIX: un-cache refill onchain addresses on cold start.
- FIX: sync ar-SA, it, sv, ar, fa, he, id, jp, sv_se and ua languages
- FIX: fix errors in RU language
- FIX: wallet->receive->qr share as an image
- FIX: Watch complication name was "BlueWallet"
- DEL: rectangular accessory from iOS widgets
- REF: electrum (more public servers; better batching support)
Activity: 1610
Merit: 879
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I like this wallet too. I installed the last release recently, and discovered this: previously there were bookmarks of different accounts, each one in a different color, and they could be replaced easily just by swiping them, but now it doesn't work, and every account bookmark becomes the first in a row when you just tap it. IMHO it's quite irritating, I suppose it's better to remove this feature. I don't know what was the reason for devs to do this. I have Android 10, however, maybe it's due to this. And in general, the wallet is great! Thanks, devs!!!
Thanks for sharing the detailed review about this wallet. I was looking for iOS based wallet and wanted to have handy wallet which will be able to sign and verify the messages. This is really helpful when I’m selling my artwork across borders and the payment is in bitcoins. I’m not fan of Electrum and Mycelium does not have easy option to do so. Plus it’s way buggy than any other wallet (still I am using it, that’s funny).

Anyway, I think I will make review about this wallet with updated version, and from the perspective of new user of the same. I am not sure is it just me or everyone but OP images are not visible at all??
When a topic is still actively providing information and discussing, why give birth to the same topic. If you want to discuss and share information that benefits many people regarding this wallet, including the iOS version, we invite you to share it in this thread.
Except this topic has been inactive for a long time.
I think this you can understand.

I plan to go back to fixing all the images I uploaded on this topic considering the images I uploaded using imgur.
The plan today I will fix using TalkImg with the help of [Script] Imgur to TalkImg - automatically fix your broken images created by @TryNinja. Suddenly @joker_josue as the initiator of TalkImg gave a message that there was a reconfiguration on the server,

Folks, I appreciate your interest in the project, but this has escalated a little more than expected.  Roll Eyes

I inform you that during the next few hours, there may be some disturbance in the upload of new images. Because I'm doing reconfiguration on the servers and sometimes it can take a few hours.

Thank you for your understanding and patience! As soon as the situation is more normalized, I will let you know.

EDIT: I recommend that you take a break from updating your topics, using this script, until I finish this maintenance that I'm doing, to avoid losing work.
Once again, thank you for your understanding.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
I am not sure is it just me or everyone but OP images are not visible at all??
It's not just you. The same thing has happened to any other image uploaded to imgur. Visit the topic created by acroman08 for more information about the issue.
Imgur images suddenly became invalid?
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
Thanks for sharing the detailed review about this wallet. I was looking for iOS based wallet and wanted to have handy wallet which will be able to sign and verify the messages. This is really helpful when I’m selling my artwork across borders and the payment is in bitcoins. I’m not fan of Electrum and Mycelium does not have easy option to do so. Plus it’s way buggy than any other wallet (still I am using it, that’s funny).

Anyway, I think I will make review about this wallet with updated version, and from the perspective of new user of the same. I am not sure is it just me or everyone but OP images are not visible at all??

Blue Wallet is now releasing new version 6.4.4

According to the release notes, the bluewallet update in version 6.4.4 focuses on;

v6.4.4

• FIX: camera black screen (closes #5510)
  • FIX: Make LN address support visible
  • FIX: import p2sh coldcard format multisig
  • DEL: Remove deprecated "Today" extension

Before updating to version 6.4.4, bluewallet in version 6.4.3 has several new points,

v6.4.3

• ADD: Enable lightning/offchain wallet transactions to be exported to csv
  • FIX: rare crash when signing with HW wallet
  • FIX: Rename to Settings for platform consistency
  • FIX: Update Help link

On May 9 2023, via their Twitter account, they also provided information amidst the problem of high Bitcoin transaction fees with several features that can help, namely;

- Replace by fee
- Child payes for parent
- Batching
- Coin control
- Create tx to broadcast later
- Real time fee estimation
- Custom fee
- ETA (Confirmation estimation)
- Push notifications
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
[...]
BlueWallet has postponed its lightning node closing schedule to May 31, as its official Twitter account announced.

We've changed the sunset date of our lightning node to the 31st of May.

One more month to take action if you still haven't, please do as soon as possible.
Here is the official statement about them discontinuing with their Lightning node, Lndhub.io.
https://bluewallet.io/sunsetting-lndhub/

I want to encourage anyone switching to a different LN wallet to check out the suggested alternatives here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-lightning-network-faq-5158920
And leave some feedback on your experience with your new choice: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62216848
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
a few hours ago BlueWallet released the 6.4.1 version. this is now available for android, iOS & macOS and can be downloaded at the following link:
Not long after that, BlueWallet released version 6.4.2 specifically for macOS and can be downloaded via the App Store.

-snip- BlueWallet will also be deprecating their Lightning node on April 30th.
BlueWallet has postponed its lightning node closing schedule to May 31, as its official Twitter account announced.

We've changed the sunset date of our lightning node to the 31st of May.

One more month to take action if you still haven't, please do as soon as possible.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 879
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Now testing BlueWallet, it's a good wallet, like it very much! I appreciate the design: multiple accounts are depicted as bank cards with different colors, and color corresponds to the protocol: legacy is light green color, HD legacy is red, segwits are light blue or dark blue, P2SH is violet, the wallets without access to transactions are black. Devs have made a great work! Really well done!

Also I'd like devs to add the support for Taproot accounts, Unstoppable wallet already has it...
@OP, In my opinion, the description of the Multisig Vault BlueWallet guide from the image listed above, the writing paragraphs are too short, so it tires the eyes when reading them.
Then in the quote from https://bluewallet.io/features/, I see some use left-aligned, and others use right-aligned. I suggest using all left-aligned paragraphs as used on the BlueWallet site.
I've edited the format.
I want to say that I did the process of how to create the Multisig Vault address on an Android smartphone, not on a laptop or PC, so when I preview it, it looks a little limited.

After I noticed you were right that for feature excerpts from BlueWallet it would be more interesting if all the paragraph layouts were all the same as on their site.

Thank you Husna QA for the suggest.
legendary
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I learned the table format for the Multisig Vault Blue Wallet creation process from Husna QA.

Maybe you should provide a link if some of this material came from HusnaQA?  Or am I misunderstanding you?
It seems he/she copied the table format in my post about the Unstoppable wallet at the following link:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62158664

@OP, In my opinion, the description of the Multisig Vault BlueWallet guide from the image listed above, the writing paragraphs are too short, so it tires the eyes when reading them.
Then in the quote from https://bluewallet.io/features/, I see some use left-aligned, and others use right-aligned. I suggest using all left-aligned paragraphs as used on the BlueWallet site.
I learned the table format for the Multisig Vault Blue Wallet creation process from Husna QA.

Maybe you should provide a link if some of this material came from HusnaQA?  Or am I misunderstanding you?
Only the table format is not the material.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

Maybe you should provide a link if some of this material came from HusnaQA?  Or am I misunderstanding you?
Pages:
Jump to: