Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial] BlueWallet - Bitcoin Wallet Discussion - page 8. (Read 2940 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 755
Can anyone provide a solution behind the problems received by one of the users of the Android version of BlueWallet.

When he installed the BlueWallet application there were no stuck or error problems during the download process on Google Playstore. But when he opened the BlueWallet application, it could be said that he could not open it because the application suddenly closed by itself.

There are some people trying to provide advice related to the obstacles experienced by him, such as suggesting to clean the cache, who knows the smartphone used is full of caches. The user has done some suggestions but still when tried to open the BlueWallet application it cannot.

Who knows, I can forward suggestions from friends here to him in the thread Local Bahasa indonesia (Indonesian).

Thank you.
-snip-
Some additions/missing points:
* if only the Android BlueWallet is discussed, it should be mentioned from start, in topic's title; BlueWallet exists also for desktop and iPhone. I would not be surprised there may be differences/missing features here and there.
-snip-
Good advice.
I thought that could be part of this discussion. Regarding Blue Wallet also on the desktop, I think it could be subtitles.

We cannot compare it with Trust Wallet because it is not multi-currency.
-snip-
If I'm not mistaken, Trust Wallet is no longer as open source as we know it. When compared with the features possessed by Blue Wallet as explained by Charles-Tim, there is a very big difference or Blue Wallet is better than Trust Wallet.

I immediately tried to learn this app when theymos mentioned the name Blue Wallet in an important message to all of us after FTX went bankrupt. After I saw this app myself, I spontaneously said that theymos are never wrong in reminding every member.

It's better if you try it because I don't really understand in explaining in detail.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
* BlueWallet supports hardware wallets and I think that this could need a special "chapter", especially as Electrum (which OP failed to mention!!!) on Android doesn't support HW
It supports hardware wallet like Coldcard, the Bluewallet make a PSBT and signed on the Coldcard with the use of memory card. Also support cold storage wallet as it can be used as a watch-only wallet to make PSBT which would be signed on the cold storage and transferred back to the Bluewallet to broadcast the transaction. I do not think it support using it with wallet like Trezor, Ledger Nano and some others.

Woah, you're right, I've made a confusion.
I wanted to test out my hardware wallet on Android "newer" bitcoin wallets and I thought that BlueWallet was the one this worked with, but no, it was Green Wallet (%!@$ color-names Grin)

I've also corrected the other post too. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
* BlueWallet supports hardware wallets and I think that this could need a special "chapter", especially as Electrum (which OP failed to mention!!!) on Android doesn't support HW
It supports hardware wallet like Coldcard, the Bluewallet make a PSBT and signed on the Coldcard with the use of memory card. Also support cold storage wallet as it can be used as a watch-only wallet to make PSBT which would be signed on the cold storage and transferred back to the Bluewallet to broadcast the transaction. I do not think it support using it with wallet like Trezor, Ledger Nano and some others.

It can be compared because this thread is entirely about a bitcoin wallet called Bluewallet, Trustwallet also support bitcoin, but just the bitcoin aspect of Trustwallet is what the comparing is worth discussing about on a bitcoin board. Both wallets have many differences that makes Bluewallet the better wallet to go for (better is even an understatement) when comparing both wallets.

The wallet does not focus on privacy, and there are better privacy wallets such as Samourai Wallet.
To know more about Bluewallet, you can click on this link: https://bluewallet.io/features/

I didn't like the user interface
This can be related to preference, because I like the UI very well. It is not even UI we need, but the functional aspect of the wallet and how safe the wallet is to use.

The wallet crashes in Huawei devices and this issue has not been resolved.
It works well on my phone with Helio G96 processor, that is still by far a small phone of compared to iPhones and those expensive phones.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
Bitcoin Wallet is the best for ISO but not for android.

Many good mobile versions of Bitcoin wallets have been recommended by friends on this bitcointalk forum such as Trust Wallet, Bitcoin Wallet, Mycelium Wallet, Samourai Wallet, Hedge Wallet and others .

advantages:
  • They have a bad definition of "Vault," it is a multi-signature address and therefore there is no additional security feature, but rather increased risks, especially for beginners.
  • The wallet does not focus on privacy, and there are better privacy wallets such as Samourai Wallet.
  • I didn't like the user interface.
  • The wallet crashes in Huawei devices and this issue has not been resolved.

Disadvantages:
  • Good lightning support.
  • Simple for anyone who wants to use bitcoin rarely.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

I am glad that somebody has started a BlueWallet tutorial here. And I'm also glad that it's started as an open discussion, since (as Charles-Tim has pointed out very fast) some things are missing, incorrect or simply can be done better. I also recommend starting from the official website than the link for app (because one will be tempted to find the app on Play Store and end up with a clone sooner or later).

Some additions/missing points:
* if only the Android BlueWallet is discussed, it should be mentioned from start, in topic's title; BlueWallet exists also for desktop and iPhone. I would not be surprised there may be differences/missing features here and there.
* BlueWallet supports Lightning network (via a custodial wallet, however it's more than nothing) and that could use also a special chapter and workflow/tutorial

Of course, all these can be added in time to OP (and I hope they will), although aylabadia05 should have been reserving 1-2 more post spaces for that.

Edit: I've made a mistake/confusion, as Charles-Tim mentioned, BlueWallet also doesn't support well the hardware wallets, please read below.
I loved one feature of this mobile wallet that it supports batch transactions (pay to many). You won't be able to find much android wallets having this feature. Blockchain.com used to have it in their old web-wallet but dont know why they removed this important function.
In addition, there are many advantages in Blue Wallet as presented by @Charles-Tim, including support for Lightning.

It is important for me to say that after you press the "create" button, 12 phrases will appear for you to save properly by noting them in a paper book or other supporting tool to remember them because the application does not allow schrenshooting, if on your android it supports schrenshooting then no anything.
Even if your phone allow you to take screenshot from the the seed phrase, you shouldn't do that.
You should keep your seed phrase in a secure place. If your seed phrase is on your phone and you lose the phone for any reason, your fund is lost. With keeping the seed phrase on your mobile, you also increase the probability of your fund being stolen by hackers.
Right. It is very important to take care even though android allows to take screenshots. We need to store the phrase in another place that is much safer in anticipation of not losing it for one reason or another. But what I'm getting at is a step in getting the address for android users who can't take screen responses while working on it like it happened to me.
legendary
Btw, Non-segwit (P2PKH) address type not supported for receiving ?
You can not generate legacy address by default, but you can import seed phrase that you used for your legacy address generation, but if the legacy address is not funded or not used for transaction in the past, it will recover the native segwit type.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
It is important for me to say that after you press the "create" button, 12 phrases will appear for you to save properly by noting them in a paper book or other supporting tool to remember them because the application does not allow schrenshooting, if on your android it supports schrenshooting then no anything.
Even if your phone allow you to take screenshot from the the seed phrase, you shouldn't do that.
You should keep your seed phrase in a secure place. If your seed phrase is on your phone and you lose the phone for any reason, your fund is lost. With keeping the seed phrase on your mobile, you also increase the probability of your fund being stolen by hackers.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
I loved one feature of this mobile wallet that it supports batch transactions (pay to many). You won't be able to find much android wallets having this feature. Blockchain.com used to have it in their old web-wallet but dont know why they removed this important function.

Btw, Non-segwit (P2PKH) address type not supported for receiving ?
legendary
Many good mobile versions of Bitcoin wallets have been recommended by friends on this bitcointalk forum such as Trust Wallet, Bitcoin Wallet, Mycelium Wallet, Samourai Wallet, Hedge Wallet and others .
Trustwallet is close source.

1. Search Blue Wallet on android Google play store and install it.
Installation links: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.bluewallet.bluewallet
Best to still download it directly from Bluewallet official site: https://bluewallet.io/. It will still direct you to app store, but better than to search directly on app and see a fake one, which is possible on app stores, especially google playstore.

You can also use coin control on Bluewallet.
You can also import Electrum seed phrase on Bluewallet, this makes it differ from most BIP39 wallets that support only importing seed phrase generated on BIP39 wallets.
BlueWallet is an open source Bitcoin wallet with the original aim of using a Bitcoin wallet on Segwit-enabled iOS. Apart from being open source, it is also decentralized and currently supports several other features such as Multisig Vault, Multiple Wallets, Coin Control, Payjoin, Plug-in your Bitcoin node, Coldcard support, Full encryption, HD wallets , and others.[1]

BlueWallet which is a desktop wallet, available for MacOS and can also be used on mobile (Android and iOS)

Many good mobile versions of Bitcoin wallets have been recommended by friends on this bitcointalk forum such as Unstoppable, Bitcoin Wallet, Mycelium Wallet, Samourai Wallet, Hedge Wallet and others .

Regarding the news made by theymos Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts as an important announcement, then I took the initiative to share how to create or get a BlueWallet wallet on Android.

I've tried to search on several boards about tutorials on how to make a BlueWallet wallet, but I couldn't find it. There may be something wrong in the search. So, on this occasion I tried to do it in the hope that it will be useful.

The process for creating a BlueWallet wallet is very easy. We only need to run according to the following command;

1. Search Blue Wallet on android Google play store and install it.
Installation links: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.bluewallet.bluewallet

Edit:
It's even better if you download it directly from BlueWallet's official website, either the  App Store or Play Store.

2. After installing, click open, it will immediately be directed to the application.

3. If we are already in the Blue Wallet application, then the next step is to press the "add now" button, it will appear as shown in image 4.

4. In the column that says "my first wallet", you may choose a name as you wish.
BlueWallet provides 3 types of wallets, but for this tutorial, just choose the type "Bitcoin" then click "create".

Image 1
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org