Pages:
Author

Topic: [Tutorial] BlueWallet - Bitcoin Wallet Discussion - page 7. (Read 2940 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
And according to what I discovered, the bluewallet is not the best option to use to hide our assets that are bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.
Bluewallet is surely a good option. It's open-source and non-custodial. So, it gives you full control over your fund and there is nothing hidden from the users. It also allow you to make offline transactions.
Note that bluewallet only supports bitcoin and can't be used for altcoins.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
Can anyone provide a solution behind the problems received by one of the users of the Android version of BlueWallet.

When he installed the BlueWallet application there were no stuck or error problems during the download process on Google Playstore. But when he opened the BlueWallet application, it could be said that he could not open it because the application suddenly closed by itself.

There are some people trying to provide advice related to the obstacles experienced by him, such as suggesting to clean the cache, who knows the smartphone used is full of caches. The user has done some suggestions but still when tried to open the BlueWallet application it cannot.

Who knows, I can forward suggestions from friends here to him in the thread Local Bahasa indonesia (Indonesian).

Thank you.

That seems strange, the download is fine and then it can't be opened in the blue wallet. I suddenly became curious about this bluewallet.

And according to what I discovered, the bluewallet is not the best option to use to hide our assets that are bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. Because this is what I saw on reddit,

[/url

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/z7z4d5/why_bluewallet_isnt_the_best_option/
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Thank you very much @SFR10 for your additional input with very easy to understand steps for those who want to apply this method in the app.
Can I add a picture to those steps?
If you can, maybe tomorrow I will add it.
You're very welcome... Sure, but I forgot to mention something so please insert a sub-bullet for #5: There are three ways to get the 256 bits [coin flip, dice and icosahedron] and if you don't provide enough entropy, it'd use its RNG to get the remaining bytes for you.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 755
@aylabadia05
I noticed you only mentioned about 12 seed phrases in the opening post, but it's worth noting that you can also import and generate 24 seed phrases...
Yes, that's right. I didn't mention as you did in your opening post that Blue Wallet users can also take this step. This is the real intention so that the discussion about Bule Wallet can be more broadly discussed so that those of us who are still in the learning stage about bitcoin wallet techniques, especially Blue Wallet, can listen to any valuable input.

Steps:
  • Click the three dots in the upper right corner
  • Go to General
  • Enable "Advanced Mode"
  • Go back to the main page and click the "+ button" to add a wallet
  • Choose "Bitcoin", then click "Provide entropy via dice rolls"
  • When you reach 256 bits, click "Save" and then "Create".
Thank you very much @SFR10 for your additional input with very easy to understand steps for those who want to apply this method in the app.
Can I add a picture to those steps?
If you can, maybe tomorrow I will add it.

This means that the problem experienced by one of our friends lies in the Android version used by him
but it must not show up in google play there then. anyway it's their bug. So i think it's not about android
I've messaged one of their contacts via Telegram and politely enquired about the issues that one of the Blue Wallet users is experiencing as I've asked here. I even mentioned the Android version used by the user who was having trouble using the Blue Wallet app, but to date they have not replied.
So, I don't dare to respond to what you said.
Activity: 312
Merit: 30

This means that the problem experienced by one of our friends lies in the Android version used by him

but it must not show up in google play there then. anyway it's their bug. So i think it's not about android
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
@aylabadia05
I noticed you only mentioned about 12 seed phrases in the opening post, but it's worth noting that you can also import and generate 24 seed phrases...

Steps:
  • Click the three dots in the upper right corner
  • Go to General
  • Enable "Advanced Mode"
  • Go back to the main page and click the "+ button" to add a wallet
  • Choose "Bitcoin", then click "Provide entropy via dice rolls"
  • When you reach 256 bits, click "Save" and then "Create".
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Did anybody use BlueWallet with LN?
I did.

(claiming that very often he cannot send out transactions).
Unfortunately, this has happened to me too. It doesn't work all the time, but I'm not sure if BlueWallet or "the other side" is the blame.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Did anybody use BlueWallet with LN? I've been just researching these days on it and I've seen today a pretty ugly post about it on Reddit (claiming that very often he cannot send out transactions).
So, is anybody around here using BlueWallet for LN often enough to say a few words on it?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Thank you Pmalek. I'll add your suggestion...
It's better now. However, it's not a song.
It's better if you download the song directly from BlueWallet's official website, either the App Store or Play Store.
I guess you had something else on your mind when you made that correction. And since you made a hyperlink to the App Store, it looks better if a similar hyperlink also exists for the Android version on Play Store.
He mentioned that the Android version used is ColorOS V12.1 with the Helio G35 Octa Core Processor specification.
Isn't that a high version of Android?
He can use Electrum instead if the crash continues. Signature verification. I use Bluewallet with Helio G96 phone and it works perfectly, but it is better than Helio G35.
This means that the problem experienced by one of our friends lies in the Android version used by him. I also think that if his android is snapdragon, it might not be a problem bouncing out when trying to open the BlueWallet app.

I will try to get back to him in the near future with a recommendation for an Electrum Wallet.

Blue Wallet is better than Trust Wallet.
I agree, and one of the main features for which I use bluewallet is its "pay-to-many" feature. I guess there is no other mobile wallet currently which supports this feature.
For now I am more comfortable using BlueWallet on Android with its convenience. However, I have not tried using other android wallets other than Trust Wallet before switching to BlueWallet. Who knows there are more conveniences from BlueWallet.

I've tried to search on several boards about tutorials on how to make a BlueWallet wallet, but I couldn't find it.
The only topic I know is from 2019: A great lesser known wallet! [BlueWallet].
That's right. When I did a search before creating this topic, I also saw that topic, but it wasn't about tutorials as I originally intended. However, due to some suggestions from some people that I thought made sense, I was happy to comply to make this topic broader in discussion not only limited to tutorials.

I talked to them on Telegram, but they didn't seem to care.
Maybe they are busy.
Can we hear what they have to say about your question after they answer the one you asked via Telegram?
At least I can personally discover something new.

@OP
As others have pointed out, I think you should edit and correct Step #1 that talks about searching and finding the wallet on the Play Store. Say that the wallet should only be downloaded from links posted on the official website instead.
Thank you Pmalek. I'll add your suggestion, because it's really a good suggestion to make it easier for people to get access to their official site.
legendary
Did you ever try it before and what would happen? Did Blue Wallet provide an error mentioning that the seed import didn't work or that it was a wrong seed format...?
I don't remember exactly. If I am not wrong, there was a message saying "no wallet found" or something like that.

Additionally, have you checked if both wallets generate the same addresses?
Yes. I checked the addresses. Bluewallet generates the same addresses as electrum.
legendary
It's no longer like that.
As you see in the following image, I just imported a wallet that has been generated by electrum and has never received any fund into bluewallet successfully.
Hmm, good to know. Did you ever try it before and what would happen? Did Blue Wallet provide an error mentioning that the seed import didn't work or that it was a wrong seed format...?
Additionally, have you checked if both wallets generate the same addresses? I really hope it works and Blue Wallet doesn't produce errors if you went ahead and used that imported (unfunded) Electrum wallet.
legendary
I like BlueWallet for small (because it's custodial) LN payments
Just so we don't confuse potential users. Blue Wallet's Lightning wallet is custodial. The standard Bitcoin wallet is non-custodial.
Correct. I specifically mentioned LN because I use another wallet for on-chain Bitcoin.
I'd like to see a desktop version of BlueWallet for custodial LN. Amazingly, I don't think any desktop wallet offers custodial LN!
legendary
I think it is, but I still think that the problem is with the OS.

You can, but unless Blue Wallet changed something in its system, the Electrum seed you import must be for a wallet that has been funded and is not empty. I don't know if it still needs to have a positive balance at the time of import or if it's enough that it had some coins at one point in the past. An empty Electrum wallet can't be recovered in Blue Wallet.
It's no longer like that.
As you see in the following image, I just imported a wallet that has been generated by electrum and has never received any fund into bluewallet successfully.

legendary
@OP
As others have pointed out, I think you should edit and correct Step #1 that talks about searching and finding the wallet on the Play Store. Say that the wallet should only be downloaded from links posted on the official website instead.

You can also import Electrum seed phrase on Bluewallet, this makes it differ from most BIP39 wallets that support only importing seed phrase generated on BIP39 wallets.
You can, but unless Blue Wallet changed something in its system, the Electrum seed you import must be for a wallet that has been funded and is not empty. I don't know if it still needs to have a positive balance at the time of import or if it's enough that it had some coins at one point in the past. An empty Electrum wallet can't be recovered in Blue Wallet.

Disadvantages:
  • Good lightning support.
  • Simple for anyone who wants to use bitcoin rarely.
Why do you consider good Lightning support and simplicity of use to be disadvantages?

I like BlueWallet for small (because it's custodial) LN payments
Just so we don't confuse potential users. Blue Wallet's Lightning wallet is custodial. The standard Bitcoin wallet is non-custodial.
legendary
I've tried to search on several boards about tutorials on how to make a BlueWallet wallet, but I couldn't find it.
The only topic I know is from 2019: A great lesser known wallet! [BlueWallet].

I like BlueWallet for small (because it's custodial) LN payments, but there's a but: a while ago, they changed the backup format for LN wallets, and after that change, it didn't recognize the old format anymore without editing it. I talked to them on Telegram, but they didn't seem to care.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
Blue Wallet is better than Trust Wallet.
I agree, and one of the main features for which I use bluewallet is its "pay-to-many" feature. I guess there is no other mobile wallet currently which supports this feature.

I use Bluewallet with Helio G96 phone and it works perfectly, but it is better than Helio G35.
I think mediatek processors are not as good/optimized as snapdragon hence the issues sometimes??.
Btw, me using bluewallet on a SD 865 and never got an issue as well. As smooth as butter always.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
Isn't he/she using an outdated version of Android?
Probably that would be what that happened. If I remember correctly, I used Bluewallet on Android 9 phone and it worked, but I could not remember if it was actually Android 9 or 10 that I used it with because I upgraded the phone to Android 10 at the time. The new phone that I am using now is Android 11, I upgraded it to Android 12. I had Bluewallet on it when it was Android 11 and also now when it is running Android 12, no issue, maybe because it is mid-range phone. I noticed that Bluewallet is not light to load and it can crash anytime when I used it with Android 9/10, but my phone at the time was using 2 gigabyte ram and very lesser processor at the time. I guess Bluewallet may not load easily on low spec phones too and it may crash at times, but not all the time. Using Bluewallet on low budget phone is frustrating but outdated OS might have been the reason for it not working at all.

Edit:
He mentioned that the Android version used is ColorOS V12.1 with the Helio G35 Octa Core Processor specification.
He can use Electrum instead if the crash continues. Signature verification. I use Bluewallet with Helio G96 phone and it works perfectly, but it is better than Helio G35.
When he installed the BlueWallet application there were no stuck or error problems during the download process on Google Playstore. But when he opened the BlueWallet application, it could be said that he could not open it because the application suddenly closed by itself.
I just made a search and found the following thread on reddit. It may be the same issue.
v6.1.0 crash on launch, Android 8.0.0

He said that the Android version used should not have experienced such problems. There is even an assumption that because the network used is slow or one of the influences cannot be accessed, but without the network the BlueWallet application can be opened.
legendary
I just made a search and found the following thread on reddit. It may be the same issue.
v6.1.0 crash on launch, Android 8.0.0

Pages:
Jump to: