Author

Topic: UEFA Champions League Discussion Thread - page 1008. (Read 129790 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
In the other match  , PSG won considerably easily so bad luck to Dortmund .
PSG managed to master the match in the first round so they managed to score 2 goals. I dont think this is an easy match for PSG, the intensity of the match is high enough that the referee has to issue 7 yellow cards and 1 red card. PSG managed to create opportunities and score goals and it was very important to take them to the next round with a 3-2 aggregate.

For the match between Liverpool vs Atletico Madrid I think many people are disappointed with the results of the match, Liverpool as the defending champion must recognize the superiority of Atletico Madrid and finish the match on aggregate 2-3. Disappointed? surely everyone will feel disappointed but not so with them as loyal fans of Atletico Madrid. Whatever the reason, I think this is football and we must accept the fact that all teams cannot be guaranteed to win if the match is not over. But all fans must be satisfied with Liverpool maximum performance, they must get high appreciation.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Wow, Llorente, what a goal and it's 2:2 (2:3 agg). Now LFC need 2 goals with 15 minutes remaining. Very complicated.
This is not fair man!
In the entire match we were dominating and F**king Atl. were defending. I was worried about this type of counter attacks and it seems we had it. Now we at-least need a goal first to equalize for aggregate.

In the first 15 minutes if we can see 3 goals then in the 2nd 15 minutes can't we see at-least a goal?
I hope we do from Liverpool.
Attacking and Defending both are part of football , one cannot expect that the team who is attacking should win , a team can defend for 80 minutes and then play one attacking move and win the game , I think it was fair and square . I am as disappointed as you are , there was no urgency in the Liverpool team but well what's done is done , Anfield is broken and its time to congratulate Atletico Madrid .

In the other match  , PSG won considerably easily so bad luck to Dortmund .
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1252
Heisenberg
They deserve every bit of it. Defending is as much the art as attacking is. It may not look as dashing as scoring goals but conceding only 2 goals out of 11 shots on target (34 goal attempts) is outrageous. This maybe one of the best performance I have seen in recent times. Both central defenders, Oblak, Thomas, Lodi, Koke, Saul and especially Lorrente deserved every bit of this win.
That has been their style of play since Simeone took over and it has quite worked for them and brought them to near success almost twice if it wasn't Real Madrid on their way in both occasions. Liverpool shouldn't have even been surprised by their defensive approach.

In fact, they should have gone back to copy notes from Real Madrid. If you play beautiful football like Liverpool tried tonight, you will simply be dancing to the Atlético Madrid's tune. They will sit back and try to catch you on the break.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Pretty disappointing result for FC Liverpool in the end. After having about 50 attemps without scoring,
Even if the result isn't what we expected, they have done great performance today. They have 72% ball possession, 34 shots (11 on target), and 16 corners. This simply showed that they have made many chances to score. However, they may be unlucky.

This is football, I guess. If you don't score, you don't win.
Indeed. The winner isn't determined from the statistics, but how many goals to score. So, to win, you must score more than your opponent has. It is the absolute requirement in the football match.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
I ended up backing PSG like I said earlier, plus i skipped the BTTS on the other game and went with corners...Winner, winner  Smiley

But man, the best team in the world in the last 2 years is out of the Champions League in the Round of 16!  Shocked Shocked  Both finalists of the last CL are out!
Btw, what were the odds for Atletico to Qualify? Does anyone know?

They do not deserve the win man!

I think that'd would be unfair to them, really.
<...>
Gotta agree with @Harko on this one. Atletico deserved to go through.

I can totally understand why football fans (especially Liverpool fans) are upset about Atletico going through, I mean, they don't do much other than defend and defend (I see them every week in La Liga and it's the same bullshit lol), but credit where it's due, today the spaniards defended that siege with sweat and blood, they where effective in front of goal and made no mistakes throughout the whole game, 100% focused.
Liverpool, on the other hand, wasted countless of chances (well, not exactly "wasted", Atletico have one of the best GK's in the world, Oblak, who was easily the MVP of the match), and had a couple of brainfarts on the defence which ended up being crucial.
The best team tonight didn't qualify to the next stage, but surely the most hard-working and effective one did.

Btw, Liverpool with Henderson on the pitch is a whole different team, holy crap, this was Liverpool's best performance in a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 4417
They deserve every bit of it. Defending is as much the art as attacking is. It may not look as dashing as scoring goals but conceding only 2 goals out of 11 shots on target (34 goal attempts) is outrageous. This maybe one of the best performance I have seen in recent times. Both central defenders, Oblak, Thomas, Lodi, Koke, Saul and especially Lorrente deserved every bit of this win.
Well didn't expect tonight results at all. Thought Liverpool could make it with 2 goals which partiality happened before the extended time!?!.

Pretty disappointing result for FC Liverpool in the end. After having about 50 attemps without scoring, they unfortunately got what they deserved after missing so many chances. Jan Oblak and the defenders of Atletico Madrid showed a fantastic performance today, whereas Adrian made two terrible mistakes which led to two goals. This is football, I guess. If you don't score, you don't win.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Well didn't expect tonight results at all. Thought Liverpool could make it with 2 goals which partiality happened before the extended time!?!
Respect for ATM but also for PSG which turned the table in Dortmund face...
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

By the way, I already got 3 out of 4 results correct. Round of 16 is turning to be really profitable and lucky for me.
legendary
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
I understand how you are frustrated, but you had to expect something similar from Atletico. It's style of Simeone and this is how they achieved their biggest wins. Maybe Liverpool dominated, but for Atletico it was enough few moments, few mistakes of Liverpool to achieve this win.
And Morata answer all questions! But it's amazing to hear LFC fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone after this!
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793

I think that'd would be unfair to them, really.

They put up a great level of energy too, and it's all about strategy If I'm sure I can't match your attacking threat, then defending should be my priority.

And it's Anfield man, Atletico does deserve some respect too, regardless of how boring you find their tactics, coming here is never easy for any team and you know that.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
2 goals in 15 minutes against Atleti surely ain't happening here tonight.
8 some minutes to go now.

Can you count all of them in this frame?
Atl really needs to spend this 8 minutes just shooting the ball towards the opposite direction. They do not deserve the win man!
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
It's a Diego Simone's Atletico, I'm definitely saying it's a game over for Liverpool here, 2 goals in 15 minutes against Atleti surely ain't happening here tonight.

I don't know what's wrong with Liverpool. They have the strongest defender (Van Dijk), but they are too weak at the end of the match. 

They surely underestimated the guy for the second goal, there is a lack of urgency to get the ball back, even though it was a 2 on 3 situation.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
It's 2-2. What a great performance by Llorente! It is enough to ensure Atletico Madrid to go the next round. Poor for Liverpool, after leading two goals for 94 minutes, they make a mistake in the 97' & 105+1' minutes. I don't know what's wrong with Liverpool. They have the strongest defender (Van Dijk), but they are too weak at the end of the match.  
legendary
Wow, Llorente, what a goal and it's 2:2 (2:3 agg). Now LFC need 2 goals with 15 minutes remaining. Very complicated.
This is not fair man!
In the entire match we were dominating and F**king Atl. were defending. I was worried about this type of counter attacks and it seems we had it. Now we at-least need a goal first to equalize for aggregate.

In the first 15 minutes if we can see 3 goals then in the 2nd 15 minutes can't we see at-least a goal?
I hope we do from Liverpool.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
legendary
Llorente makes it 2-2. What a mistake by Liverpool.
It's always the defense ruining thing for us. F**K!
Anyway, we still have time and Liverpool are capable to qualify for the next round.

Edit: WTF! another goal from Atl.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
And Firmino scores!
Yes!
Early goal in the extra time! We are going to the next round.

Few more please!
Llorente makes it 2-2. What a mistake by Liverpool.
legendary
And Firmino scores!
Yes!
Early goal in the extra time! We are going to the next round.

Few more please!

Edit: Shit!
Atl scored 🤐
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
What a disappointing performance by Borussia. Almmost nothing dangerous in whole game, PSG deserved to win. Not every day you will see Neymar scoring header Cheesy. Maybe I have missed something, but I don't understand why Can got red card. IMO, yellow would be enough.
Now all eyes at Liverpool were we have 30 extra minutes!
And Firmino scores!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1131
Pressure is building on in the Liverpool match. We need another goal to secure the next round but there are not much time too. Only 10 ish minutes to go of the regular time. But if the other one happens means if Atl scores then this will be a disaster.

Liverpool deserves to win this match. Boring Atl do not deserve anything from this match.  

Athletic goalkeeper repels many shells from Liverpool players, And I don't think we can see any more goals in the extra stages!!!Perhaps shoot-out is the attitude lady.
Bump liv. Liverpool score Grin
Jump to: