Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 156. (Read 381004 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
thanks kracko - let us know when its back on and i will point some sha at it

ps - seems we need at least 2 voodoo dolls

I've been getting steady payouts on the X11 switch.  There appears to be something going on with Zetacoin.  Those pending blocks should only take 120blocks to confirm, or 2 hours.  I'm shutting down the sha256 switch until I can figure out why it is doing that.

update - seems to have stopped paying out for quite a few hours now - will go somewhere else for a while until things sorted.

Valid blocks are increasing but confirmed blocks are not changing - and of course no UTC payouts.

Cheers

@ Kracko

The Multipool seems to be working very well.

UTC community - PLEASE CONNECT UP!

Cheers - usukan
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
I've been getting steady payouts on the X11 switch.  There appears to be something going on with Zetacoin.  Those pending blocks should only take 120blocks to confirm, or 2 hours.  I'm shutting down the sha256 switch until I can figure out why it is doing that.

update - seems to have stopped paying out for quite a few hours now - will go somewhere else for a while until things sorted.

Valid blocks are increasing but confirmed blocks are not changing - and of course no UTC payouts.

Cheers

@ Kracko

Cheers - usukan
legendary
Very nice work Ultracoin team. My special thanks to Kracko. This looks great.  Will test out the features.

While I cannot wait to try the one click miner this "status" feature will be very helpful to understand whats happening with staking weights etc.  

A new status bar icon has been added that gives estimated stake info and status messages that let you know that you have mature coin groups ready to stake (or not). Hopefully this will help take some of the mystery out of staking.

Thanks for coming thru on this - very much appreciated.

Cheers - usukan

New wallet is up folks.  The Google Play version will probably be ready sometime tomorrow.

http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html

• The new layout is more Android friendly, with a vertical menu at the left instead of at the top.
  • The startup time has been reduced significantly, especially on the Android platform
  • A "Staking" transaction type has been added and a new icon.  Stakes previously showed as "Generated".
  • Security fixes.
  • Wallet-side support for OneClick has been implemented.  A separate application will be published that will be kicked off by the wallet, with the necessary parameters passed from the wallet that will be used to configure the miners for anonymous mining.
  • A new status bar icon has been added that gives estimated stake info and status messages that let you know that you have mature coin groups ready to stake (or not). Hopefully this will help take some of the mystery out of staking. (Thanks Fluttercoin)
  • A new alert key has been generated and implemented for main-net.  We'll be able to use the alert feature to tell investors to update their wallet to the latest version should an update be necessary at any point in the future.
  • The minimum required protocol has been raised to the current wallet version (70056).
  • Yellow font changed to black on the status messages showing on the splash screen

OneClick will follow by the end of the month.  We will start with a release that supports NVidia cards and, hopefully not long after, ATI support will be added to.  There are no long conversions or redownloads with this one.  It should start right back up with a new look.

Windows Instructions:

• Backup wallet.dat using the wallet feature
  • Exit Ultracoin wallet if it is running
  • Wait for tray icon to disappear.  Keep mousing over it until it is gone while the wallet is shutting down.
  • Unzip the download to a folder
  • Run the ultracoin-setup.msi installer within the extracted folder from the zip.  If you get any errors about missing prerequisites try the setup.exe.

Mac Instructions:

• Wait for taskbar icon to disappear.  Quitting from the Ultracoin-Qt menu seems more effective
  • Open up the downloaded DMG file
  • Drag the Ultracoin icon to the Applications folder
  • Start Ultracoin-Qt from the Applications folder within the Finder

Android Instructions:

• Backup wallet.dat
  • Just update it from Google Play

[/quote]
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Welcome to the future !
Wallet Update

New wallet is up folks.  The Google Play version will probably be ready sometime tomorrow.

http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html

• The new layout is more Android friendly, with a vertical menu at the left instead of at the top.
  • The startup time has been reduced significantly, especially on the Android platform
  • A "Staking" transaction type has been added and a new icon.  Stakes previously showed as "Generated".
  • Security fixes.
  • Wallet-side support for OneClick has been implemented.  A separate application will be published that will be kicked off by the wallet, with the necessary parameters passed from the wallet that will be used to configure the miners for anonymous mining.
  • A new status bar icon has been added that gives estimated stake info and status messages that let you know that you have mature coin groups ready to stake (or not). Hopefully this will help take some of the mystery out of staking. (Thanks Fluttercoin)
  • A new alert key has been generated and implemented for main-net.  We'll be able to use the alert feature to tell investors to update their wallet to the latest version should an update be necessary at any point in the future.
  • The minimum required protocol has been raised to the current wallet version (70056).
  • Yellow font changed to black on the status messages showing on the splash screen

OneClick will follow by the end of the month.  We will start with a release that supports NVidia cards and, hopefully not long after, ATI support will be added to.  There are no long conversions or redownloads with this one.  It should start right back up with a new look.

Windows Instructions:

• Wait for tray icon to disappear.  Keep mousing over it until it is gone while the wallet is shutting down.
  • Unzip the download to a folder
  • Run the ultracoin-setup.msi installer within the extracted folder from the zip.  If you get any errors about missing prerequisites try the setup.exe.

Mac Instructions:

• Wait for taskbar icon to disappear.  Quitting from the Ultracoin-Qt menu seems more effective
  • Open up the downloaded DMG file
  • Drag the Ultracoin icon to the Applications folder
  • Start Ultracoin-Qt from the Applications folder within the Finder

Android Instructions:

• Backup wallet.dat
  • Just update it from Google Play
legendary

Cheers

@ Kracko

Cheers - usukan
legendary
@ Kracko

Cheers - usukan
legendary
Thanks for your great works on the MultiPool Kracko - I have an S3 on there now.

Cheers

Testing is over.  The multipool is running as it was before.  I'll be leaving my rig on it for a week or so on the x11 switch.

@ Kracko

for SHA256 please consider DGB and MYR SHA256 algos

have pointed an S3 at the MultiPool to see what happens

Cheers

Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

can you let us know when Cryptsy and the TumblingBlock MultiPool is back online.

Thanks usukan

I'm currently validating the multipool payouts.  I'll let you you know when it is ready.

@ Kracko

A few more SHA256 alternatives might be beneficial

Cheers

Perhaps after the wallet update.  We lost a few from algo changes, special requirements, etc, and I haven't had a chance to screen and test some more coins.
Activity: 81
It was only the wind.
Don't get me wrong, I like UTC!

BUT WHY are you you guys still mining UTC, when X11 is much more profitable the last 10 days!

Well, I'm working on a faster miner, so I kind of HAVE to mine UTC to test it...
Testing is over.  The multipool is running as it was before.  I'll be leaving my rig on it for a week or so on the x11 switch.

@ Kracko

Cheers

Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

can you let us know when Cryptsy and the TumblingBlock MultiPool is back online.

Thanks usukan

I'm currently validating the multipool payouts.  I'll let you you know when it is ready.

@ Kracko

Cheers

Perhaps after the wallet update.  We lost a few from algo changes, special requirements, etc, and I haven't had a chance to screen and test some more coins.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Getting some more of them UTC  Cool

legendary
Whats your opinion Wolf0? DGB seems better to me?

Cheers - usukan

@ Kracko

Cheers

Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

@ Kracko

Cheers

Nice; I've been mining DGB and MYR, too.
It was only the wind.
What I don't get, is that if I'm mining at Nfactor 15, N is 65536. Why does rawintensity 7168 NOT work with a buffer-size of 3800 at lookup-gap 16?

One block is 128 bytes. 128 * 65536 / 16 = 524288 bytes per thread.

524288 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = .5MiB.

.5MiB fits into 3800MiB 7600 times: 3800 / .5 = 7600.

Therefore, max rawintensity without hardware errors SHOULD be 7600...

This works with my 280X - 290X, nope.

I think you are posting in not the most appropriate thread for that.

UTC is Nf 15, though.
legendary
@ Kracko

Cheers

Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

@ Kracko

Cheers

Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

@ Kracko

Cheers

It was only the wind.
What I don't get, is that if I'm mining at Nfactor 15, N is 65536. Why does rawintensity 7168 NOT work with a buffer-size of 3800 at lookup-gap 16?

One block is 128 bytes. 128 * 65536 / 16 = 524288 bytes per thread.

524288 bytes / 1024 / 1024 = .5MiB.

.5MiB fits into 3800MiB 7600 times: 3800 / .5 = 7600.

Therefore, max rawintensity without hardware errors SHOULD be 7600...

This works with my 280X - 290X, nope.
legendary
Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

@ Kracko

Cheers
legendary
Thank you kind sir.

@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

It was only the wind.
WHY NO BUY SUPPORT ON BITTREX?!

Because for the last page and a half the topic has been about one guys refusal to stop feeding the troll so people packed up and went to a coin where people act more mature...like Doge.   Cheesy

Wish there was better support on Bittrex, having opened an account there after Cryptsy failed I actually prefer Bittrex.

So does everyone - who uses Cryptsy if they have a choice?
@ Kracko

Thanks usukan

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Thanks for your work!!  Smiley   Cool

Our wallet maintenance is almost complete at cryptsy and the wallet should be back online this morning.

I want to apologize for how long it took and how long it has taken to get the wallet back online in the past.

This time in particular took a good deal of time but in the long run it will greatly reduce maintenance time. We moved to a new architecture to begin with and I wasted a few days trying to sync with the wrong repo since i never updated the db to reflect the repo change. Then afterwards we removed quite a bit of dust from the wallet that had slowed it down considerably and were making our withdrawals unreliable. We also removed all transactions from the wallet and rescanned through the blockchain to weed out and trouble transactions. The dust transactions took the majority of the time as it builds fee free transactions stacking dust transactions together into usable inputs. We could speed it up but would pay a considerable amount of fees to the network.

This should allow for faster deposits/withdrawals and maintenance windows in the future. I did notice there are still 3-5 withdrawals that have not been confirmed by the network which ill be resubmitting periodically over the next few days. To see if they get picked up before I remove and resend them. If your are the owner of one of these transactions feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill do my best to get it straightened out

Thank you for your patience and Ill do my best to keep any future maintenance windows as brief as possible

EDIT: Wallet is back online now
Jump to: