Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 190. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
Well I was certain that they will find a way to benefit the Stake holders, after all the devs hold huge amounts of UTC, I hope its for the best. Smiley

Slowing down the blocks should have been done long time ago, the N-factor was changing too fast, but I guess better late then never.

Why release the fork on Tuesday. Set an earlier time - why not Monday 00:00 UTC
(24 hours is 24 hours, we have accumulated huge Losses this past week)

I think that its better to be sure the fork is working right. So dont hurry things and be sure all will be right and ok after the fork.
Even if needs to delay the fork couple days it will be better.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Well I was certain that they will find a way to benefit the Stake holders, after all the devs hold huge amounts of UTC, I hope its for the best. Smiley

Slowing down the blocks should have been done long time ago, the N-factor was changing too fast, but I guess better late then never.

Why release the fork on Tuesday. Set an earlier time - why not Monday 00:00 UTC
(24 hours is 24 hours, we have accumulated huge Losses this past week)
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Activity: 456
New Wallet Update

What you see in the test pool is what you are going to get.   Thanks again to those who have helped in testing.    I am very grateful for your donation of time and energy.  You've done a great service to Ultracoin.  We will be releasing the source tonight and schedule the fork on Tuesday.  The exact block is yet to be determined.  We want this update in fast, but we want to give everyone at least some time to update.  This new update will not require a complete conversion or redownload of the chain if you have already done so.  

Here is the what you'll be getting.  We are going to be increasing the block time at 60 seconds and will be upping the reward by the same factor to maintain the same rate of payouts- the amount will be 30UTC per generated block.  The staking and proof of work difficulties will be completely separated, with the proof of stake time being set to 1 minute too.  In the past, before the latest update, we were producing one staking block for every ten, giving an average of 5 minutes per stake and have pretty much rested on the staking minimum difficulty of 0.25.  

This action will not change the payout amounts for stakes.  The stake payout is not tied to a flat reward rate like PoW blocks, instead it is directly tied to a coin age calculation which varies according to the amount of coin group size and how long it has been held since its last stake or first transaction time.  Staking attempts will still continue at 1 every 30 seconds.  The coin age will be remaining the same as well, ranging from a minimum of 7 days to a max coin age of 35 days.  With these changes, staking and proof of work blocks will have more of a chance of doing something useful for the network other than increasing the block chain as they will be containing more transactions.  Transactions will still be fairly fast.

The biggest things we are trying to achieve here is fixing the current difficulty retarget and also slowing the growth of the block chain.  Already some of our slowest devices are feeling the effects of a long chain in combination with our intensive ChaCha/Keccak512 hashing algo.  Even my I7 Intel the download goes from 200+ blocks per second at the start of the chain down to 6-10/sec once it gets to NFactor-14.   This will slow the annual growth of the chain from 1 million blocks to around half a million.  This will help out enormously for the long run as we climb into the higher NFactors.

Edit:  I left out an important part, the retarget method.  The retargeting algorithm we'll be using is Digishield, with a 10 block averaging time, that retargets every block based on the last ten blocks. It takes slightly longer to adjust to higher hash rates (8% max up per block), but it corrects more quickly after the hash drops (16% per block).  It has also been applied to the staking calculation.  On the PoW side all only proof of work blocks are counted in the difficulty calculation, skipping over the PoS blocks until the last 10 PoW blocks are found and the PoS calculation is based solely on PoS blocks, skipping over the PoW blocks.
IDK if it is my imagination but since I.ve installed the wallet on 30+ machines all staking with a few hundred UTC the network seems to be getting more stable...
To everybody:
Install the wallet on as many machines as u can, since there isn't a new fork for now!!!
Activity: 138
Steven or Kracko

are we soon to have another fork and a new wallet?

We await an update on progress at your earliest possible convenience.

Thanks

They definitely need to do something my wallet stuck couples times plus the difficulty in the pool is crazy

http://ultracoins.info
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Steven or Kracko

are we soon to have another fork and a new wallet?

We await an update on progress at your earliest possible convenience.

Thanks
I installed the wallet on 12PCs and staked 100-200 coins on each one.
I suggest we all do the same.

If I understand right, the more NEW nodes staking, the better the chances for the network to stabilize., am I right Kracko

Staking does not really help very much right now as it seems there are many more pow than pos blocks.   If you look in the block explorer the blocks with a .25 difficulty are generally stake blocks.  The miners have much more an effect on the chain. This will change once we get the newer retarget out and we absolutely will need people staking to stabilize the difficulty for pos.

For the curious, here is an example of a PoS block.  http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com/block/3b382c65aa2470bb286f05a9f1fac8aa86d79ac204ab74a2a6f889fa83c287c5

You can see the from and too addresses are the same.
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Who can tell how to get solo UTC?
I set up a file ultracoin.conf

rpcuser=login
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=44101
port=44100
addnode=31.220.0.203
addnode=192.99.8.7
addnode=198.27.82.163

and miner

SET GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
yacminer.exe --scrypt-chacha -o 127.0.0.1:44101 -u login -p pass --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600 -R 4576 -g 1 -w 256 --buffer-size 2656 --lookup-gap 7 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 86 --temp-overheat 80 --gpu-fan 40-95 2>logfile.txt

Purse running, but production does not occur. Yakmayner writes an error URL. What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 837
Merit: 505
with the new wallet when i remove everything in %appdata%\roaming\ultracoin apart from the wallet.dat my coins balance drops to 34utc when it should be 170000utc?
When i revert back to my old wallet my coins show up but it wont sync as it gets stuck on blockchain 855838.

When i try just to install the new wallet without removing %appdata%\roaming\ultracoin it  just gets stuck on the new Ultracoin logo splash-screen. After an hour I stopped the process and presumed it had crashed.

Not slept all night trying to resolve this. Any ideas?
Dude, you waited until full synchronization purse? I, too, when you install a new wallet balance several times less, but I waited until the full upgrade (about 36-40 hours) and the balance returned so as it should have been.
Activity: 137
Wow, I have an encrypted wallet with stake minting enabled and thus unlocked for stake minting, but I was still being able to send UTC from that wallet to another wallet without being asked for the password for that transaction...which means that when its unlocked for stake minting its unlocked for any outgoing transaction, how can that be?
First it comes up a note: Are you sure you want to sent lalala
Then Confirm transaction fee lalala
Click yes, yes and then the transaction goes through and have been seen by the network...
 It feels very unconfortable...
So the only thing left is:

WTF is going on with the difficulty???

Valid question but could you ask one time nicely?

I think as dev team is allready sayed... we need one update more..and its underway. This is the reason why we need as much hash power than we can get to TESTNET POOL. New update need to work fully and fix problems.

NOPE!
I'm just a bad ass mother fu**er, I eat devs for breakfast!

Last week I hospitalized a brick!
I am so mean I make medicine sick!!!

@wtfc360
Yes you can, but better mine at the pool.
And Nope, I installed new wallets, and spread some coins, but I had 3 old wallets all updated perfectly, amounts and everything!

@BorisWCR
Yes you have to.

heh LOL.. Iam so lucky that I am not dev team member  Cheesy
I tried to sign up for the test pool.  I am not receiving the verification email though so unable to login to create workers etc.

Sign up at utc2.tumblingblock.com.  The test pool's configuration has been wiped frequently, so it uses the user accounts from the utc2 database.  You can use your existing utc2 account, if you have one, to login to the test pool.   You will have to create your workers though.

I think as dev team is allready sayed... we need one update more..and its underway. This is the reason why we need as much hash power than we can get to TESTNET POOL. New update need to work fully and fix problems.

NOPE!
I'm just a bad ass mother fu**er, I eat devs for breakfast!

Last week I hospitalized a brick!
I am so mean I make medicine sick!!!

@wtfc360
Yes you can, but better mine at the pool.
And Nope, I installed new wallets, and spread some coins, but I had 3 old wallets all updated perfectly, amounts and everything!

@BorisWCR
Yes you have to.
I installed the wallet on 12PCs and staked 100-200 coins on each one.
I suggest we all do the same.

If I understand right, the more NEW nodes staking, the better the chances for the network to stabilize., am I right Kracko

Did you use the same wallet.dat in each and every one of the 12 computers with all your UTC on, or did you install new wallets on every one with 0 UTC on? Thought you needed UTC in the wallet to be able to stake mint them?
Activity: 554
Merit: 10
Is it possible to enable stake minting AND mining in the wallet at the same time? If so what settings to use in the mining options?
Is it possible to mine in the wallet on the same computer/motherboard you use with GPUmining (5GPUs)?

Did I understand it right that there will be another hard fork and a new wallet update soon/tonight?

.....And if yes, if their will be a new hard fork, do we then have to download the blockchain again from the start ?
Is it possible to enable stake minting AND mining in the wallet at the same time? If so what settings to use in the mining options?
Is it possible to mine in the wallet on the same computer/motherboard you use with GPUmining (5GPUs)?

Did I understand it right that there will be another hard fork and a new wallet update soon/tonight?

Oh that's right they are showing up but in the box "Last transactions" (right column of the wallet) I have only older ones. It seems like it's not refreshing, but staked coins are added to my wallet.

Edit:
I cleared orphans and now it's OK Smiley

Yes, I added that feature for that very reason.  I had the same problem with my wallet.  I was annoyed by those transactions that always stayed at the top of the list with 0 confirms and that never changed.   I haven't seen any new orphans appear since I cleared the ones in my wallet.  And now the transactions appear as they should.

To use this feature, go to the transactions tab of the wallet, right click on the transactions and select the "Clear orphans" menu item from the pop-up context menu.
Jump to: