Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 189. (Read 381007 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Que pasa!  Wink

I mine in solo with my R9 290. Why there are so many rejects? And when I mine in solo DRK for example, each "accepted" means found block - in this case it's differs or what? Why  I see 16 "accepted" in cgminer but only one transaction in the wallet?

Btw, is that hashing speed OK for R9 290? I can't find adequate hardware comparison chart or something like that...

That incoming transaction remains unconfirmed about 6 hours already - is that OK?.. Wallet is updated to the latest update if any. )

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
861588   12 left   opper   12/09/2014 11:12:57   0.0002   30.00

Why blocks before the target block for the hard for have a block reward of 30? As you see the example here is for block 861588 that is around 100 blocks before the fork.

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
is anyone mining?

http://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/ultracoin-network-hashrate-chart

seems like POS is sustaining the network at present - I would hesitantly say - lucky we have POS

also - why when staking - UTC can be sent without encryption password? This feels a little bit vulnerable as it suggests wallet is fully open?
legendary
this is very useful advise from Kracko

"you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync"

its a pain in the ass restarting blockchain download otherwise
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Updated two wallets from ver. 733 to 733.1, no problems!
Activity: 456
Merit: 250

We need to get the network populated with the latest version as the latest release will only accept blocks from the latest version- hence the random stopping.  The problem is that the new wallet will still connect up with previous versions to exchange peer nodes and will send blocks.  And the wallet tends to jump around to random clients rather than sticking to just the few that it has successfully started downloading blocks from.   Try restarting your wallet or, alternatively, you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync.  As we get more protocol version 70065 wallets out there the connectivity will improve.

is it necessary to add listen=0, with "connect" ?

Only if you have inbound connections because your wallet isn't behind a firewall or has NAT to its p2p port from a netrouter.  If that is the case it will help in keeping other nodes from connecting to you.
Activity: 307
I am amazed over that the price is so stable and relatively high even after this chain of events.  Shocked

why not?
This all only show how strong UTC community is and dev team are ready to do hard work.

If someone wants dump UTC I will buy..Ihave nice amout of BTC ready to move to crypsty.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

We need to get the network populated with the latest version as the latest release will only accept blocks from the latest version- hence the random stopping.  The problem is that the new wallet will still connect up with previous versions to exchange peer nodes and will send blocks.  And the wallet tends to jump around to random clients rather than sticking to just the few that it has successfully started downloading blocks from.   Try restarting your wallet or, alternatively, you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync.  As we get more protocol version 70065 wallets out there the connectivity will improve.

is it necessary to add listen=0, with "connect" ?
Activity: 138
The exchanges have been notified of the update. Here is a guide on how-to upgrade your wallet software: http://ultracointalk.org/b3/how-installupdate-your-wallet/170/

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]

Hey steve the guide is good for windows but how about the people with

MAC or
UBUNTU

Would be nice if you make the guide for all
Activity: 228
I am amazed over that the price is so stable and relatively high even after this chain of events.  Shocked
Is UTC down? Last received block was generated over 2h ago. All mined blocks are taged with "orphan". My last block was 860664.

I have the latest Version of the wallet v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta (http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip)

The orphans have been brutal with the low difficulty surges.  I just checked and UTC and UTC2 are on the same chain.  Things will improve once we switch over to the new retarget at the hard fork block.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Welcome to the future !
The exchanges have been notified of the update. Here is a guide on how-to upgrade your wallet software: http://ultracointalk.org/b3/how-installupdate-your-wallet/170/

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]

We need to get the network populated with the latest version as the latest release will only accept blocks from the latest version- hence the random stopping.  The problem is that the new wallet will still connect up with previous versions to exchange peer nodes and will send blocks.  And the wallet tends to jump around to random clients rather than sticking to just the few that it has successfully started downloading blocks from.   Try restarting your wallet or, alternatively, you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync.  As we get more protocol version 70065 wallets out there the connectivity will improve.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
I'm stuck at 860732
Last block time: Mon 8. Dec 14:24:29 2014
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Is UTC down? Last received block was generated over 2h ago. All mined blocks are taged with "orphan". My last block was 860664.

I have the latest Version of the wallet v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta (http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip)
legendary
Nice work Kracko - thanks

just a heads up - it will hang while converting - for maybe several hours - don't despair - thats what it has to do to set things up first time.

Wallet Update

The new sources are up.  Exchanges and pools, please update your wallets as soon as possible.   The fork to correct the issues we are having will happen at block 861677, which should be sometime around 12/9/14 12pm UTC.  Note: this version will not accept incoming blocks from previous versions, but it will still be capable of connecting to them and also send blocks to them.

I recommend using these addnodes as at first they'll be the only wallets the new version will be able to communicate with.

Code:
addnode=31.220.0.203
addnode=192.99.8.7
addnode=198.27.82.163

The wallet sources can be found here https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git

The new version of the Windows wallet can be found here:  http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip

If you have already installed v733 and downloaded the chain you will not have to go through that again.

* Back up your existing wallet.  This should be happening anyway.  If you're like me you have it encrypted and in 10 different places, including offsite locations.
* Extract the downloaded zip file
* Stop the current version Ultracoin wallet if you have it running.
* Start the MSI file and go through the installation.  If you picked the install for All Users last time, do that again.   It will install over the top of your existing installation if you have already installed the v733 wallet that was put out.
* If you have a pre-v733 wallet, delete the UltraCoin-qt.exe executable.  Starting it up won't do you much good

I have included an ultracoin.conf file in the install with the addnodes above.  This should help get us over the initial hump.

Wallet Update

The new sources are up.  Exchanges and pools, please update your wallets as soon as possible.   The fork to correct the issues we are having will happen at block 861677, which should be sometime around 12/9/14 12pm UTC.  Note: this version will not accept incoming blocks from previous versions, but it will still be capable of connecting to them and also send blocks to them.

The wallet sources can be found here https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git

To verify the version, the version and protocolversion lines should show as so with the getinfo RPC command to the wallet:

Code:
    "version" : "v0.7.3.3-15-g0bcf258-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 70056,

I recommend using these addnodes as at first they'll be the only wallets the new version will be able to communicate with.

Code:
addnode=31.220.0.203
addnode=192.99.8.7
addnode=198.27.82.163

To confirm that you are on the correct chain please use the block explorer here http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com as it's source wallet is using the latest version.

The new version of the Windows wallet can be found here:  http://www.tumblingblock.com/ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip

Code:
md5sum ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip
41b51c93ddb2028d15e48a0385e712dd  ultracoin_733.1_win32.zip

If you have already installed v733 and downloaded the chain you will not have to go through that again.

* Back up your existing wallet.  This should be happening anyway.  If you're like me you have it encrypted and in 10 different places, including offsite locations.
* Extract the downloaded zip file
* Stop the current version Ultracoin wallet if you have it running.
* Start the MSI file and go through the installation.  If you picked the install for All Users last time, do that again.   It will install over the top of your existing installation if you have already installed the v733 wallet that was put out.
* If you have a pre-v733 wallet, delete the UltraCoin-qt.exe executable.  Starting it up won't do you much good

I have included an ultracoin.conf file in the install with the addnodes above.  This should help get us over the initial hump.  You can confirm your version in the about menu of the wallet.  It show up on the first line as v0.7.3.3-g15-g0bcf258-beta.  The last part (0bcf258) will match the first 7 characters of the current master branch guid of the repository.
legendary
Coins on the exchanges should be safe (well - as safe as any coin on any exchange ever is)

Cryptsy UTC wallets are locked (under maintenance) - so you can not transfer IN or OUT anyway.  Not sure about other exchanges - but suspect thats the case for all - and if its not, I would be worried about those exchanges that are not locked until everything is sorted.

Are coins on exchanges going to be safe after fork? Should we transfer them to our local wallets?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Are coins on exchanges going to be safe after fork? Should we transfer them to our local wallets?
legendary
absolutely 100% agree on this - do it once.........do it right

Just take your time - and make sure its working properly before you release

I DONT CARE IF IT TAKES A WEEK

Well I was certain that they will find a way to benefit the Stake holders, after all the devs hold huge amounts of UTC, I hope its for the best. Smiley

Slowing down the blocks should have been done long time ago, the N-factor was changing too fast, but I guess better late then never.

Why release the fork on Tuesday. Set an earlier time - why not Monday 00:00 UTC
(24 hours is 24 hours, we have accumulated huge Losses this past week)

I think that its better to be sure the fork is working right. So dont hurry things and be sure all will be right and ok after the fork.
Even if needs to delay the fork couple days it will be better.
Jump to: