Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 187. (Read 381007 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Cryptsy Support reply - only 10 mins after query. Well I can't withdraw but thats snappy support at least.

Thank you for contacting Cryptsy.
Currently UTC is offline for maintenance.
Please know that your coins are safe, and should be returning soon.
Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding.
Have a great day!

Sincerely,
Phoebe
Cryptsy.com

@Thirtybird and reb0rn21
I just love it when NOOBS try to explain things to me. Smiley

Bittrex deposits are still not working! Sad
Cryptsy wallet is offline! Sad

The more people write to them the better chances of a faster solution (well not Craptsy, they always suck)

I hear some good news on YACUNA, hope this helps the price Smiley
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
@Thirtybird and reb0rn21

lol, then please explain it to me- share your kingpiny wisdom - with 20 rigs, I'm sure you know all!

I still haven't received a satisfying answer to my previous question about the Hashrate. Smiley

So, make one up and tell us how it is
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
And I bet that Craptsy wont be "online" anytime soon. Hope I am wrong.
I still haven't received a satisfying answer to my previous question about the Hashrate. Smiley
Come on the UTC devs. are just about to earn a +1 point in my book.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
@king_pin
I see you are expert and moan all the time... cryptsy wallet need to be updated (which it is) and need to download blockchain (which is reported that is now in progres) I bet for you all that look like 5min job Tongue
@Thirtybird and reb0rn21

Bittrex deposits are still not working! Sad
Cryptsy wallet is offline! Sad

The more people write to them the better chances of a faster solution (well not Craptsy, they always suck)

I hear some good news on YACUNA, hope this helps the price Smiley
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
As long as we have people hitting us and leaving us it is going to keep bouncing around with the difficulty changes.
I was waiting for this answer, from where does this additional hahsrate come???

You all realize this can happen with ZERO change in network hashrate right?  You all realize that finding a block is brute forcing some numbers together and that sometimes you get lucky early, and find it, and sometimes you don't, right?

The jumping difficulty makes sense from a botnet/pool-hopping prevention standpoint, but from a "predicting profitability" standpoint, is really unfriendly.  I've watched the difficulty swing by a factor of 6.5x today. I saw 1.55k as a low and 10.2k as a high (not to say I didn't miss something more extreme than that).  It may still be too early to tell but I think you may have missed the mark on re-targeting slightly and maybe it should also utilize a daily (i.e. past 1440 blocks) cap.  For example, difficulty can raise up to 8% per block, but no more than 15% over the difficulty from 1440 blocks ago.  That might have wound up being the limiting factor, and would likely need some hard math to determine what best to use, but something that gets you there in a more gradual fashion.  This is just something I'd had rolling around in my head, and a day may be too short of a choice too, but some sort of delta-diff-limiter.  As a miner, I hate wild swings in difficulty - most of which have only been necessary on coins that have large multi-pools that can hit them, of which, UTC is not currently one, or likely to be one in the future due to the lack of coins using the same algorithm on the same N factor.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Welcome to the future !
@BorisWCR

I notified Cryptsy and the other exchanges about the update. It is most likely just taking them time to update their wallet. I believe they might be using Linux for their wallet, since we don't have a Linux version available yet they may be working on compiling one from the source and that might be what's taking them so long to update. I just sent them a ticket again to check on what's going on.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
@king_pin
look like you do not get how the network work, atm bunch of ppl are testing solomining or just testing the pool after the hardfork.. its usual for hash to jump as insane, looking at the pool I mine all is just fine atm
The network hash rate is a computation based off of the difficulty using the average time of the last 120 blocks.

Span S = Block120Time - BlockTime1Time
AveTime = S / 120
HashRate = Difficulty * 2^32 / AveTime

It is not showing the current network hashrate.  It is only, and always has been, a computation based on the difficulty and average time, and is only an estimate.  It doesn't show what is happening now, but an average over the last two hours.   It will appear to pop during lucky streaks or increase in hash rate over the last 120 blocks as the difficulty goes up.  Because it is based on a longer time frame if we have a bunch of hash and then much less it takes awhile to correct.  Once the amount of miners stabilizes for a longer period of a time, so will the network hash rate.  As long as we have people hitting us and leaving us it is going to keep bouncing around with the difficulty changes.
I know its not the actual hashrate, but it is a reflection of the speed of blocks being found.
Now why and how is it possible to have the last 120 blocks found 500% faster so that the Hashrate is displayed as 5 times higher.

As long as we have people hitting us and leaving us it is going to keep bouncing around with the difficulty changes.
I was waiting for this answer, from where does this additional hahsrate come???
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
@Steven

Do you have information why withdrawel and deposit stlll not are possible at Cryptsy ?

This is still a messages at cryptsy about the UTC wallet :  "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain"

Knowing Crypsty it can take days. Ask them nicely when I can do business with UTC.
Activity: 554
Merit: 10
@Steven

Do you have information why withdrawel and deposit stlll not are possible at Cryptsy ?

This is still a messages at cryptsy about the UTC wallet :  "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain"
Activity: 456
The network hash rate is a computation based off of the difficulty using the average time of the last 120 blocks.

Span S = Block120Time - BlockTime1Time
AveTime = S / 120
HashRate = Difficulty * 2^32 / AveTime

It is not showing the current network hashrate.  It is only, and always has been, a computation based on the difficulty and average time, and is only an estimate.  It doesn't show what is happening now, but an average over the last two hours.   It will appear to pop during lucky streaks or increase in hash rate over the last 120 blocks as the difficulty goes up.  Because it is based on a longer time frame if we have a bunch of hash and then much less it takes awhile to correct.  Once the amount of miners stabilizes for a longer period of a time, so will the network hash rate.  As long as we have people hitting us and leaving us it is going to keep bouncing around with the difficulty changes.

Improved yes, working kind of. Smiley
I am still seeing some weird hashrates, 20+ every few hours, even more often.

What is your explanation for that!
Improved yes, working - kind of. Smiley
I am still seeing some weird hashrates, 20+ every now and then, even more often.

@Kracko
What is your explanation for that!

(Please stop ignoring my questions, I know you don't know the answer, but just blabber something technical) LoL
Activity: 318
Mining has indeed improved, thanks guys.

Activity: 348
Merit: 102
Activity: 251
I sent 463utc with utc.tumblingblock.com on bittrex.com, but coins are not reached. Tell me what to do?
http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com/tx/3728dcc9ce35ac2cdcdd47f90cd34813f66a596db0a1d88068d57613b6dd513e#o1
You can only wait until they update their wallet. It is always better to send to your wallet first and then to exchange, it takes only a few minutes and is much safer.
Activity: 519

We need to get the network populated with the latest version as the latest release will only accept blocks from the latest version- hence the random stopping.  The problem is that the new wallet will still connect up with previous versions to exchange peer nodes and will send blocks.  And the wallet tends to jump around to random clients rather than sticking to just the few that it has successfully started downloading blocks from.   Try restarting your wallet or, alternatively, you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync.  As we get more protocol version 70065 wallets out there the connectivity will improve.

is it necessary to add listen=0, with "connect" ?

Only if you have inbound connections because your wallet isn't behind a firewall or has NAT to its p2p port from a netrouter.  If that is the case it will help in keeping other nodes from connecting to you.

Need help Utc pool (http://utc.tumblingblock.com) send my coins with autopay to Bittrex account 2 transactions 500 UTC but not apear in pending or balance,can someone tell me what i have to do?

Thx in advance

Once they update their wallets with the latest version your transactions should appear.  However, I would wait for news that they have updated their wallets before sending anything substantial.   I wouldn't send more than a coin or two at a time to test.

I've send them an email i hope they will update soon
Activity: 348
Merit: 102
I sent 463utc with utc.tumblingblock.com on bittrex.com, but coins are not reached. Tell me what to do?
http://ultrabex.tumblingblock.com/tx/3728dcc9ce35ac2cdcdd47f90cd34813f66a596db0a1d88068d57613b6dd513e#o1
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Any news on an updated Mac wallet yet?
Done a complete download of the data base as I thought there was something wrong, it is sitting at 855838 blocks downloaded, last block 5 days ago.
Activity: 456

We need to get the network populated with the latest version as the latest release will only accept blocks from the latest version- hence the random stopping.  The problem is that the new wallet will still connect up with previous versions to exchange peer nodes and will send blocks.  And the wallet tends to jump around to random clients rather than sticking to just the few that it has successfully started downloading blocks from.   Try restarting your wallet or, alternatively, you can edit your ultracoin.conf file to use "connect" rather than "addnode" to synch up- this way it won't try to connect to others.  If you do change them to connect, be sure to change them back to addnode after you've managed a full sync.  As we get more protocol version 70065 wallets out there the connectivity will improve.

is it necessary to add listen=0, with "connect" ?

Only if you have inbound connections because your wallet isn't behind a firewall or has NAT to its p2p port from a netrouter.  If that is the case it will help in keeping other nodes from connecting to you.

Need help Utc pool (http://utc.tumblingblock.com) send my coins with autopay to Bittrex account 2 transactions 500 UTC but not apear in pending or balance,can someone tell me what i have to do?

Thx in advance

Once they update their wallets with the latest version your transactions should appear.  However, I would wait for news that they have updated their wallets before sending anything substantial.   I wouldn't send more than a coin or two at a time to test.
Jump to: