Author

Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions! - page 192. (Read 381007 times)

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
One yacminer connected from yesterday that hasn't restarted yet, is still hashing normally!
All other that I try to connect yacminers even if pointed to port 64445 give me NF16

I have no such problems at the old pools, static or variable difficulty.

That is weird.  I've noticed some strange http errors in the stratum output from yacminer as well.  Can you set the nfactor manually?

@Thiago
The testnet isn't a real pool, all that hash is just for testing purposes, it is not going to become the real version of the coin.

I am trying to put some hash on the testnet as well. I'll ask Kracko about the issues with connectivity once he wakes up, I know he was working LATE into the night last night trying to get things ironed out. We are seeing a lot of light at the end of the tunnel and things have been progressing nicely. Thank you all for your contributions towards the testnet, I am happy to see that the community can come together during this time of need!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]

Yes, thanks tons for the hash guys.   You've been awesome.  This has been very helpful.

So far Digishield - 10 block average looks like the best candidate.  It is set up to retarget every block, adjustments will be no more than in increments of 8% up and 16% down.  It averages out over the last 10 blocks, allowing it to be fairly flexible with inconsistent hash rates.  If there's a hit and run on us, we'll recover at a decent rate.   I've also implemented the same retarget on the staking, but with its original 20 second spacing.

I'll be resetting the testchain and test database back again soon, so we can test transition to the new retarget starting from a higher diff block.  If you leave your miners aimed at the pool, I'll have everything restored, including your pool workers, within 5 minutes or so after it goes down.
Activity: 416
One yacminer connected from yesterday that hasn't restarted yet, is still hashing normally!
All other yacminers that I try to connect even if pointed to port 64445 give me NF16

I have no such problems at the old pools, static or variable difficulty.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I think the TestPool is telling me its on N-factor 16
So any new miners that I try to connect get rejected (yacminer)

And a friend of mine all ways tells me there is no such thing as "Bad publicity" so maybe the price will go UP after this fuckUP Smiley

From "getting started" page on the Test pool I read this:
Yacminer GPU Miner [example config for 7790. Use static diff port 5555]
yacminer --scrypt -w 128 --lookup-gap 2 -I 17 --thread-concurrency 8000 -g 1 -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.tumblingblock.com:5555 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Got NF 14 (yacminer) and low hashrate, tried to change the batfile with the above settings and got NF 16 but no connection to the pool, changed back to the original settings and still can't connect with this miner to the test pool. The other miners have 0,1 difficulty and very low hashrate with the original settings...

The test pool is at NF14 just like the live chain.  Have you tried the static diff port I just added?  Try port 64445 with your yacminers. 

Strange, now  when I looked at the testpool, all my original rigs with yacminer pointed at stratum+tcp://stratum2.tumblingblock.com:64444 had high variable difficulties (1-5) and normal hashrate. Tried my first rig which got rejected before and pointed it towards port 64444 and got low difficulty (0,1), switched to port 64445 and it seem to be hashing at normal speed and difficulty around 1.
So it seem to be working on both ports with yacminer, the original ones with port 64444 and the first one that got rejected now works on port 64445, if you can make something out of that...

And a friend of mine all ways tells me there is no such thing as "Bad publicity" so maybe the price will go UP after this fuckUP Smiley

yacminer --scrypt -w 128 --lookup-gap 2 -I 17 --thread-concurrency 8000 -g 1 -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.tumblingblock.com:5555 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Got NF 14 (yacminer) and low hashrate, tried to change the batfile with the above settings and got NF 16 but no connection to the pool, changed back to the original settings and still can't connect with this miner to the test pool. The other miners have 0,1 difficulty and very low hashrate with the original settings...

The test pool is at NF14 just like the live chain.  Have you tried the static diff port I just added?  Try port 64445 with your yacminers. 
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Welcome to the future !

@Thiago
The testnet isn't a real pool, all that hash is just for testing purposes, it is not going to become the real version of the coin.

I am trying to put some hash on the testnet as well. I'll ask Kracko about the issues with connectivity once he wakes up, I know he was working LATE into the night last night trying to get things ironed out. We are seeing a lot of light at the end of the tunnel and things have been progressing nicely. Thank you all for your contributions towards the testnet, I am happy to see that the community can come together during this time of need!

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Ultracoin
[email protected]
Activity: 135
With all this mining stuff... Don't forget to buy some now the are still cheap.

Thank you all for your great support.

Activity: 307

its still nf 14. Workers difficult seems to be under 1 so yacminer wont work. Sure I can be wrong.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500

I have difficulty to believe that, judging by the way you do 'business', you really care about someones life, king Pin  Smiley..

( don't get me wrong, its fun to have you around )

Hi Kracko.
I support you.
I 300Kh / s stars on test your pool receives only 84kh / s
When the test is complete, please notify me

Me too, I also only get about 1/10 of my hashrate on the testpool: 10kh vs 110kh
Activity: 320
hi everyone - had to chime in, just because I'm not seeing a very important step in all of the posts describing how to install/upgrade wallets. Please don't forget to backup your wallet.dat before you do anything, regardless of whether or not you delete files.

Thanks dear DCGirl for your advice, I can only wish to see and hear you some more on this forum.

Feel free and be more as welcome to join us  !!!
Hi, can anyone provide me with the stratum adress and port for the test pool so I can point my rigs.
I'll support you too kracko! Great work with the wallet!
Welcome back DCgirl :-)

The TestPool is on TestNET - so no one is getting any coins.
The STRATUM is:

stratum+tcp://stratum2.tumblingblock.com:64444
Hi, can anyone provide me with the stratum adress and port for the test pool so I can point my rigs.
I'll support you too kracko! Great work with the wallet!
Welcome back DCgirl :-)
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hi Kracko.
I support you.
I 300Kh / s stars on test your pool receives only 84kh / s
When the test is complete, please notify me
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I think that the best solution for a testnet is with a couple of pools on it. Not just one.

My 2 cents.
Nice to see that testpool is getting more miners.

Cheesy
hi everyone - had to chime in, just because I'm not seeing a very important step in all of the posts describing how to install/upgrade wallets. Please don't forget to backup your wallet.dat before you do anything, regardless of whether or not you delete files.

Hi dcgirl,
welcome back!
Jump to: