Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 3. (Read 28281 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
.. so you are saying the all the QT's wallets have this same problem as yours? .. i don't think so Sad

Where did he say that? He simply stated that 'software wallets are only as secure as the computer they are installed on' and he's right. Regardless If you're using Bitcoin qt, Electrum or any other wallet, If the computer has a keylogger, they could get your wallet password/seed and act from there. It's probably not the same problem but It's definitely valid statement.
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
.. so you are saying the all the QT's wallets have this same problem as yours? .. i don't think so Sad

Icon

Activity: 8
Merit: 7
So apparently there is a security exploit in the wallet which could expose your private keys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3Zfrvsm8k&feature=youtu.be
I still haven't contacted the team about this yet but I thought I should share it anyway just so you know. I would suggest moving your funds somewhere else until things are cleared out.

Hey! This is Michalis from Exodus support. Thanks for bringing this up!

We are aware of this issue and this video and we have published an article addressing it. I encourage you to read it, as it also offers advice on how to better protect your funds. You can find it here:
https://medium.com/exodus-movement/addressing-vulnerabilities-with-software-based-wallets-1cc9ff77bf44

The thing is that all software wallets are only as secure as the computer they are installed on. This means that if your computer is secure and malware free, then your funds are safe as well. This vulnerability can be exploited only if you have a malware installed on your computer designed to dump and read your memory.

We know that no computer can be 100% secure, that's why we advise our customers to not store large amounts in Exodus but rather use a hardware wallet: https://support.exodus.io/article/45-can-exodus-safely-store-large-amounts

Meanwhile, we are working on more advanced security features to mitigate these risks, as you can read in the article.

Thanks again for bringing this up. We want our customers to be informed of these limitations, because in that way they can protect their assets better. Once again, though, this issue can be exploited only if there's malware on your computer, so please take all necessary measures to keep your computer clean.

-Michalis
staff
So apparently there is a security exploit in the wallet which could expose your private keys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU3Zfrvsm8k&feature=youtu.be
I still haven't contacted the team about this yet but I thought I should share it anyway just so you know. I would suggest moving your funds somewhere else until things are cleared out.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
Version 1.47.0 is out. The changelog:

• Added a visual indicator to hide/unhide your password when signing into your wallet. This helps users who like to see the password they are typing. Just be sure no one can see your screen if you use this!
  • Ripio (RCN) has been added. You can now send, receive and exchange Ripio for other Exodus assets. As the official token of the Ripio Credit Network, RCN tokens are “required to access the network and facilitate transactions among all agents.” More information on the project and token can be found on Ripio’s Website.
  • More entries have been added to our ever growing list of Ethereum Assets (also called ERC20 tokens for you tech-heads). Exodus now allows you to send and receive; Bread (BRD), Genesis Vision (GVT), Iconomi (ICN), KuCoin (KCS), MediShares (MDS), Pillar (PLR), Ripio (RCN), Rivetz (RVT), Santiment (SAN), Substratum (SUB), TenX (PAY), and Time New Bank (TNB).
  • Exodus now supports sending to Bech32 BTC addresses. This is a first step in our effort to add full SegWit support on Exodus for Bitcoin. For those that want to take a deep dive more info can be found on the Bitcoin Wiki.
  • CashAddr support for BCH has been added. No more pesky address conversion needed. 🙌
  • We lightened up LTC fees over 3X! They’ve been reduced from 0.0095 to 0.003 per transaction.
  • We squashed some bugs in the wallet backup process to keep things smooth as silk - adding extra protection to keep your assets safe.

In bold is what I would consider as the most interesting updates.

I have been using Exodus since I got into Crypto and every month there is
an update sometimes more and these new updates are very welcome
particularly the immediate effect of the LTC TX fees.

Going forward the full segwit support is great, this proves 2 things, the exodus
development team are "on the ball" and behind the scenes work is being
done preparing for segwit, its all positive for the future.

#LongTermGoals
staff
Is there an option to sell bitcoin and buy dollar or tether or any fiat currency using exodus? I know that you can sell bitcoin and buy altcoin and vice versa.

It's not possible as of now. Tether (ERC20) is apparently under evaluation according to their roadmap. If they ever decide to implement it, you will be able to exchange it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Is there an option to sell bitcoin and buy dollar or tether or any fiat currency using exodus? I know that you can sell bitcoin and buy altcoin and vice versa.
staff
Version 1.47.0 is out. The changelog:

• Added a visual indicator to hide/unhide your password when signing into your wallet. This helps users who like to see the password they are typing. Just be sure no one can see your screen if you use this!
  • Ripio (RCN) has been added. You can now send, receive and exchange Ripio for other Exodus assets. As the official token of the Ripio Credit Network, RCN tokens are “required to access the network and facilitate transactions among all agents.” More information on the project and token can be found on Ripio’s Website.
  • More entries have been added to our ever growing list of Ethereum Assets (also called ERC20 tokens for you tech-heads). Exodus now allows you to send and receive; Bread (BRD), Genesis Vision (GVT), Iconomi (ICN), KuCoin (KCS), MediShares (MDS), Pillar (PLR), Ripio (RCN), Rivetz (RVT), Santiment (SAN), Substratum (SUB), TenX (PAY), and Time New Bank (TNB).
  • Exodus now supports sending to Bech32 BTC addresses. This is a first step in our effort to add full SegWit support on Exodus for Bitcoin. For those that want to take a deep dive more info can be found on the Bitcoin Wiki.
  • CashAddr support for BCH has been added. No more pesky address conversion needed. 🙌
  • We lightened up LTC fees over 3X! They’ve been reduced from 0.0095 to 0.003 per transaction.
  • We squashed some bugs in the wallet backup process to keep things smooth as silk - adding extra protection to keep your assets safe.

In bold is what I would consider as the most interesting updates.
staff
Are there any plans of building a phone (Android/IOS) version ?
Thanks.
According to the roadmap, It's 'Planned' and just like 2FA and hardware wallets support, it may take long time before you see it live.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Are there any plans of building a phone (Android/IOS) version ?
Thanks.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I have problem with Exodus 1.45.0

I exported the private key but only the first BTC address would be exported the second address is not there, anyone have the same problem or maybe some explanation of why this happen.

Hi there, I'm one of the developers at Exodus, and I'd like to fix the bug. But I need more information before I can proceed. Would you mind going to our support site and filing a ticket there?

Here is the site: https://support.exodus.io/

Just click on the flower icon at the bottom right corner of the page, and you can send a message directly to our support. Ask for me specifically, and they will get your message to me.

Thanks! And I'm sorry you're having this problem with our wallet!

~Doug
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

I exported the private key but only the first BTC address would be exported the second address is not there, anyone have the same problem or maybe some explanation of why this happen.
Mine does that aswell. What you can do is import your backup seed into Electrum and export the private-keys/spend the coins from there.

Here is how you can do it: https://support.exodus.io/article/159-import-your-bitcoin-wallet-into-electrum

Thank you, its working, anyone have the same problem can do this to solve the problem.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830

Mine does that aswell. What you can do is import your backup seed into Electrum and export the private-keys/spend the coins from there.

Here is how you can do it: https://support.exodus.io/article/159-import-your-bitcoin-wallet-into-electrum
Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

staff
A new update is out (v1.46.0), the changelog:

• Optimized a number of display and UI/UX performance improvements when Exodus is starting up for the first time.
  • Exodus can now send to native Bitcoin Cash addresses (CashAddr) format. This allows customers to send funds to Coinbase BCH wallets, for example, which now only accept the q-style addresses instead of the legacy format (starting with 1-).
  • More Ethereum Assets have been added to Settings > Assets.
  • New supported Ethereum Assets now include: AdToken, Aeron, AirSwap, Amber, AppCoins, Cindicator, Decentraland, Lunyr, Maker, Monaco, Quantstamp, Raiden, Storm, TAAS and Viberate.
  • Optimized asset logos to improve loading speed and file size.

Something which I forgot to mention in the last post (same applies to the assets I posted in the 1.46.0 changelog):

Since version 1.45.0 (released on February 15, 2018), Exodus supports a series of Ethereum Assets, including DigixDAO, Tron, VeChain, Icon, Binance Coin, Dragonchain and others. These assets can be safely stored, sent and received, but they are NOT supported for exchange within Exodus.
staff
A new update is out, 1.45.0 changelog:

• Added Vertcoin (VTC). Upgrade to version 1.45.0, then turn on Vertcoin in Settings > Assets to send, receive and exchange Vertcoin (VTC).
  • You can now choose a preferred portfolio sorting order between Balance (High to Low) or traditional Alphabetical.
  • Fixed an edge case handling importing uncompressed private keys.
  • Additional Ethereum Assets added to Settings > Assets.
  • Additional cleanup in setting section for assets with long descriptions.

Roadmap (currently in Beta and will be available in the next weeks): DigiByte (DGB),  DigixDAO (DGD),  Factom (FCT),  Metal (MTL),  Ripple (XRP),  Storj (STORJ),  ZCash (ZEC).
staff
Thanks for reporting. He got banned apparently and the thread is no longer there. It's most likely fake as the Founder have an account here and he didn't notify me.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
@OmegaStarScream I suspect this user (ExodusWallet) is claiming to be someone from the Exodus team with a "new update" but it's actually spreading malwares through his fake website (exodus-sync dot com).

It looks pretty obvious, but you may want to talk to the Exodus dev team to confirm (and maybe put a warning), since you are always in contact with them.

Here is how his post looks like: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2886629
staff
The new v1.44.0 is out, changelog:

• Further optimized Bitcoin fee calculations to help when the network is less congested.
  • Further optimized Ethereum transactions for speed and reliability.
  • Added Ethereum token transaction fees on advanced transactions export spreadsheet.
  • Fixed small display title messages in private key sweeping.
  • Fixed Bitcoin Gold private key import.
  • Import encrypted Bitcoin paper wallets.

I suggest upgrading to at least 1.43.4 (which got released a week ago) as it has an important security update.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
I just claimed the BTG through Exodus, easy peasy just like the last time with Bitcoin Cash! And no risk of compromising the private keys of course.
Pages:
Jump to: