Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 4. (Read 28281 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 102
Is it possible to import BTC from another wallet and then claim BTG? Or can you just claim BTG if the BTC were on Exodus already?
No.

Tip: For that, you could use Bither[1]. They let you import private-keys and have a tool to claim BTG[2].

[1] https://bither.net/
[2] http://docs.bitpie.com/en/latest/btcbtg/

Thanks for the info.
I already knew about Bither though. Coinomi is possible, too. Anyway i do not feel comfortable using mobile wallets. Hence i rather wait for a proper desktop wallet to support BTG
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Is it possible to import BTC from another wallet and then claim BTG? Or can you just claim BTG if the BTC were on Exodus already?
No.

Tip: For that, you could use Bither[1]. They let you import private-keys and have a tool to claim BTG[2].

[1] https://bither.net/
[2] http://docs.bitpie.com/en/latest/btcbtg/
Activity: 144
Merit: 102
Version 1.43.1 is now out. 11 new assets are now available: Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Status (SNT), 0x (ZRX), Bancor (BNT), iExec RLC (RLC), Edgeless (EDG), Wings (WINGS), FirstBlood (1ST), WeTrust (TRST), Matchpool (GUP) and Numeraire (NMR). You can also claim your BitcoinGold.

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Version 1.43.1 is now out. 11 new assets are now available: Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Status (SNT), 0x (ZRX), Bancor (BNT), iExec RLC (RLC), Edgeless (EDG), Wings (WINGS), FirstBlood (1ST), WeTrust (TRST), Matchpool (GUP) and Numeraire (NMR). You can also claim your BitcoinGold.
legendary
Is there a way that user chooses what fee wants to use for transactions or are fees automaticaly chosen by exodus itself?
They are choosen by Exodus and you can't customize it. If the fees are too much, you can export the keys[1], import them in a different wallet (e.g: Electrum) and make your transaction.

[1] http://support.exodus.io/article/86-how-can-i-view-my-private-keys
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Is there a way that user chooses what fee wants to use for transactions or are fees automaticaly chosen by exodus itself?
staff
The status page shows that everything is operational except sending and exchanging BitcoinCash. It's still unclear what is the error you're getting so please provide more details, the help you will get here is pretty limited though so I suggest contacting the support too.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.
Good day!
As of yesterday, the wallet off at the beginning of work. The new version had not set ( 2018). Anyone has this problem? Operating system - Windows 10. Huh
staff
The addresses and private keys associated with them are clearly pre-generated when you first setup the wallet, just because you see them when you're on the backup process doesn't mean It just got created.
pfx
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
k, so here's why i've been confused, but maybe not anymore

- People keep saying the keys are generated from the phrase
- People seem to believe the keys don't exist until the phrase
- No one seems to understand the keys are generated prior to the phrase

(mind you, i'm not talking about exclusively here on the forums, i mean generally everywhere)

.. And I kept thinking, well how is Exodus capable of accepting deposits without (private) keys, since the backup process hasn't even been setup yet?

Your addresses (private-keys) are locally derived from the 12 word phrase that Exodus provides you when you backup your wallet.

This is where my thick headedness kicks in

The 12 word phrase is your backup and your keys are generated with them.

In my stupid brain, people keep saying the key is generated from the phrase (actually, that is what people keep saying) - but i think i understand now that both are one of the same.

I think the common misconception of the key not existing until the phrase is part of the problem.
legendary
If you don't setup the backup & you're depositing coins, is Exodus operating without private keys?
Obviously not. The keys are already there when you first create your wallet. Otherwise, how would you have a deposit address?

That's why it's called a backup. It's only helping you make sure that you can create the same keys in the future if your PC breaks or something goes wrong.

Just understand one thing: ONLY YOU have access to your private-keys as they aren't stored anywhere online.
pfx
If you don't setup the backup & you're depositing coins, is Exodus operating without private keys?
legendary
Sorry, little confused - Not sure if we're talking about different keys or not.  

Are you saying without setting up the backup the wallet is functioning without private keys for deposited coins? - I'm curious as to how these keys are recovered with an online backup.
There is no backup hosted anywhere. The 12 word phrase is your backup and your keys are generated with them. Exodus doesn't know your word phrase.

You can read more here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mnemonic_phrase

does anyone have an idea why BAT and Golemn is not avalible atm?

and if yes when will it be available again?
Both are already supported according to Exodus' roadmap. I also opened the wallet to confirm and it's there.
staff
The send and receive features should be operational, exchanging is temporarily unavailable due to network congestion, I suggest trying again in 24 hours.
Activity: 45
does anyone have an idea why BAT and Golemn is not avalible atm?

and if yes when will it be available again?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
I guess exodus is a good wallet. The features was built all in one (I like the built in exchanger of various coins)  and It's very secure since I havent found any complains from the commenters. I'll consider using this wallet some time, coz it looks inticing. Good job to the team.
pfx
Your addresses (private-keys) are locally derived from the 12 word phrase that Exodus provides you when you backup your wallet. The email link (AFAIK) is also your word phrase but protected by both your passphrase and an Exodus 'key' (like explained in the page you linked). Your word phrase or private-keys isn't stored anywhere.

Sorry, little confused - Not sure if we're talking about different keys or not.  

Are you saying without setting up the backup the wallet is functioning without private keys for deposited coins? - I'm curious as to how these keys are recovered with an online backup.
Activity: 137
Merit: 14
Great wallet. Been using it for around 2 months now and 0 complaints
staff
It's also possible that they are doing the same thing as blockchain.info because If you lose your password, there is no way to recover online, you will need the 12 words, the wallet file may be stored (encrypted) in their servers and that's why you need the password to decrypt it.
legendary
If these keys are locally stored on your computer, how is an online-only recovery possible? How is losing the computer not a risk, or any local file to backup?
Your addresses (private-keys) are locally derived from the 12 word phrase that Exodus provides you when you backup your wallet. The email link (AFAIK) is also your word phrase but protected by both your passphrase and an Exodus 'key' (like explained in the page you linked). Your word phrase or private-keys isn't stored anywhere.

Are the keys not recovered with the e-mail link &/or 12 word phrase? (yes i'm aware you can export keys)
They are.
Pages:
Jump to: