Pages:
Author

Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange - page 5. (Read 28281 times)

pfx
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Can some one explain something for me?

@ http://support.exodus.io/article/46-where-are-my-private-keys-stored

"The private keys to your blockchain assets are generated and encrypted locally and stored on your computer. These keys are never stored on the cloud, and they remain 100% for your eyes only, 100% in your control."

If these keys are locally stored on your computer, how is an online-only recovery possible? How is losing the computer not a risk, or any local file to backup?

Are the keys not recovered with the e-mail link &/or 12 word phrase? (yes i'm aware you can export keys)

Activity: 2
Thanks OmegaStarScream and TryNinja for the advice.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Hey guys,

if anyone has a moment to answer my newbie question it would be appreciated.

I recently stuck €50 of Btc in my Exodus wallet to see how it works.
I then went to trade for some Ethereum and it says I have €41.49 of Btc but can only trade €24.45 of that?

Anyone know why I can only use just over half my amount?  Is this taking into account the transaction fee or something else?  Seems steep at nearly 50%.

Realise this is probably a rookie question but some advice would be great!

Thanks
I wouldn't use Exodus to store Bitcoin. Their fee estimation is broken and they don't let you customize your fees. This means that you either need to pay this extremely exaggerated fee or just don't do any transactions at all.

But at least, you can export your private-key[1] and import it in a new wallet (like Electrum) if you want.

[1] http://support.exodus.io/article/86-how-can-i-view-my-private-keys
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
checked both exodus and exodus eden. didnt see qtum in both. thanks for the fyi.

It's planned but not in Beta stage yet so It may take sometime.

Hey guys,

I then went to trade for some Ethereum and it says I have €41.49 of Btc but can only trade €24.45 of that?

Anyone know why I can only use just over half my amount?  Is this taking into account the transaction fee or something else?  Seems steep at nearly 50%.

Thanks

It sounds like it took the fees in consideration yes, you can still contact [email protected] If you think this is a technical issue.
Activity: 2
Hey guys,

Thanks
Activity: 779
Merit: 255
qtum no longer in exodus?

Qtum have now their own blockchain and It's no longer built within Ethereum blockchain (ERC20) so Exodus dropped the support for it but It's planned for the roadmap.

checked both exodus and exodus eden. didnt see qtum in both. thanks for the fyi.
staff

Qtum have now their own blockchain and It's no longer built within Ethereum blockchain (ERC20) so Exodus dropped the support for it but It's planned for the roadmap.
Activity: 779
Merit: 255
legendary
so its just stored like any other ECR20 token on same ETH address ?
I don't know as I'm not following this fork. If it's a ERC20 token, you will receive them in your address in the ETH chain. If it's a fork (like what happened with ETC), your address will have the same amount of coins in both chains (the normal ETH and this ETZ), so you will need to export your private-key and import it into a ETZ wallet to spend them.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
so its just stored like any other ECR20 token on same ETH address ?
legendary
what happens with Ethereum goes through the next fork on 19th Jan ? Ethereum Zero apparently will the byproduct and if you hold 1 ETH you are apparently getting same amount of ETZ

Currently Exodus doesnt have ETC obviously so where will I get my coins if I am holding ETH in Exodus ?

thanks
You can do the same as described above. Just export your Ethereum private key and import it in a supported wallet. The ETZ is stored in the address and not in the wallet software itself.
Activity: 72
what happens with Ethereum goes through the next fork on 19th Jan ? Ethereum Zero apparently will the byproduct and if you hold 1 ETH you are apparently getting same amount of ETZ

Currently Exodus doesnt have ETC obviously so where will I get my coins if I am holding ETH in Exodus ?

thanks

link with further info on fork - https://news.bitcoin.com/pr-etherzero-a-revolutionary-ethereum-hard-fork-forking-on-19th-jan-2018/
staff
Does this multiple currency wallet is intended to support / integrate future BTC forks? if so, when it become available?
I'd love to import / sweep my private keys receiving my unclaimed BCH, BTG, SBTC, CLAM, etc All In One

Out of the multiple bitcoin forks we've seen until now, only BCH is supported. The wallet give you control over your private keys though so you could just export them and import them to the official wallet of that fork.
Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
Does this multiple currency wallet is intended to support / integrate future BTC forks? if so, when it become available?
I'd love to import / sweep my private keys receiving my unclaimed BCH, BTG, SBTC, CLAM, etc All In One
staff
Version 1.41.0 is out but once again, the development seem to be slow and there are no significant changes. Exodus already made a statement about SegWit so If you want to have lower fees, you may want to switch for Electrum for now.
staff
Good day!
Using the exodus storage of bitcoin. When trying through the purse to exchange other cryptocurrencies, shows the balance is less than! and that's not taking into account the Commission.
All users of wallet this situation? Undecided

Isn't that normal? I mean, why it would show the fees included because you need them in order to send anything. If you think this is a bug, contact the support team.
Activity: 60
Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.
Good day!
Using the exodus storage of bitcoin. When trying through the purse to exchange other cryptocurrencies, shows the balance is less than! and that's not taking into account the Commission.
All users of wallet this situation? Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
Here is my understanding, and hopefully someone will correct me if I get anything wrong.

I don't think you can run Exodus off an encrypted USB drive, because it needs to be fully installed on a desktop.  Your wallet, however, is encrypted on your desktop once you've set the password and were given your "12 words", so it's pretty safe as long as you have a strong, and unique password
I agree.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
Morning All,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some help. I have the Exodus wallet installed on my Windows PC, but would like to move it to an encrypted USB drive. Is it as simple as copying the folder to my USB drive?

Also if I want to maintain a second backup copy of my wallet somewhere else, is the backup automatically kept up to date (i.e. when u open Exodus does it examine the blockchains to determine your holding) or do you regularly have to backup from your primary to keep your backup current? Apologies, I'm a bit of a noob - last time I was involved with crypto I left everything in an exchange (MTGOX) and that didn't end well :-( !

Thanks for your help.

Here is my understanding, and hopefully someone will correct me if I get anything wrong.

I don't think you can run Exodus off an encrypted USB drive, because it needs to be fully installed on a desktop.  Your wallet, however, is encrypted on your desktop once you've set the password and were given your "12 words", so it's pretty safe as long as you have a strong, and unique password.

As for the backup, all you need is your 12 words.  If you have those 12 words, you can install exodus on any computer, restore from the 12 words, and you'll have everything available to you, up to date.  No need for periodic back ups.  You can print the 12 words, and put in a safe place, or store the 12 words in a text file on an encrypted USB. 

Also, if you want to be extra safe (and this would guard against situations where for some reason Exodus was discontinued and you could restore from the 12 words) you can store your private keys (keep them in a safe place, too).  Use Control-Shift-D to open the Developer's menu, then you can export your private keys.  Again, store them a safe or on an encrypted USB.

Activity: 1
Morning All,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some help. I have the Exodus wallet installed on my Windows PC, but would like to move it to an encrypted USB drive. Is it as simple as copying the folder to my USB drive?

Also if I want to maintain a second backup copy of my wallet somewhere else, is the backup automatically kept up to date (i.e. when u open Exodus does it examine the blockchains to determine your holding) or do you regularly have to backup from your primary to keep your backup current? Apologies, I'm a bit of a noob - last time I was involved with crypto I left everything in an exchange (MTGOX) and that didn't end well :-( !

Thanks for your help.
Pages:
Jump to: