Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ - page 30. (Read 935378 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
On the other hand... if someone doesn't know about that rule or this thread then he would feel treated very bad... or made to shut up. So it only might put on to sentiments about the moderation.
Not really. All that usually happens is that someone reports the thread and it gets moved.

Though that can't be done when someone is asking inside an otherwise legit thread. The post would be reported and deleted probably. Though maybe the moderator added a notice about why it was moved.
legendary
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I am having trouble finding a source, however it appears that the following rule is missing:
33. Posts about the moderation of a thread, or about the moderation of the forum in any thread outside of Meta is automatically off topic
I don't see why this should be a rule. It is indeed missing, but it would be a better fit it was added to the Guidelines for threads.

On the other hand... if someone doesn't know about that rule or this thread then he would feel treated very bad... or made to shut up. So it only might put on to sentiments about the moderation.
Not really. All that usually happens is that someone reports the thread and it gets moved.
legendary
I am having trouble finding a source, however it appears that the following rule is missing:
33. Posts about the moderation of a thread, or about the moderation of the forum in any thread outside of Meta is automatically off topic

I had reported a couple of posts in a thread outside of Meta that were discussing the moderation of the forum, such posts were subsequently deleted and this thread was created.

If possible, please add to the OP.

I think you might be right. It should be known that such things should be discussed in meta. On the other hand... if someone doesn't know about that rule or this thread then he would feel treated very bad... or made to shut up. So it only might put on to sentiments about the moderation.

Though it doesn't matter when it get moderated anyway. A rule might be helpful, will probable not lead to more reports.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

I had reported a couple of posts in a thread outside of Meta that were discussing the moderation of the forum, such posts were subsequently deleted and this thread was created.

If possible, please add to the OP.
legendary
Terminated.
Should bumps for 3/4/5 year old threads be reported? I've been seeing some posts being made on old threads like these which don't make any sense whatsoever... But there isn't really a rule for that as far as I could see.
Yes. Technically not always, but I'd say that in 99% of the cases that I've seen so far they were useless necro-bumps. These are usually created by bots, or spammers. Only in rare cases where the person really does contribute and does not want to create a new thread are they left intact. You could always send them to a moderator directly if you aren't sure.

You might consider moving or closing the thread, rather than arbitrarily deleting posts in the pretence that the Wall Observer has a topic.
I don't moderate it.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Should bumps for 3/4/5 year old threads be reported? I've been seeing some posts being made on old threads like these which don't make any sense whatsoever... But there isn't really a rule for that as far as I could see.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
You don't seem to understand how this process works. Obviously you are allowed to mention it to a certain degree as long as you mostly stay on topic. However, in your case your post has nothing to do with either Bitcoin or the topic (I assume). Keep in mind that moderators can't keep track of every post as well.

You might consider moving or closing the thread, rather than arbitrarily deleting posts in the pretence that the Wall Observer has a topic.
legendary
Terminated.
Would you like me to run a program to compile a list of the hundreds of contributions containing the terms ETH, Ether or Ethereum from that thread for you? I can help you sterilize your forum.
You don't seem to understand how this process works. Obviously you are allowed to mention it to a certain degree as long as you mostly stay on topic. However, in your case your post has nothing to do with either Bitcoin or the topic (I assume). Keep in mind that moderators can't keep track of every post as well.
legendary
Altcoin discussions shouldn't be in Bitcoin boards.

Would you like me to run a program to compile a list of the hundreds of contributions containing the terms ETH, Ether or Ethereum from that thread for you? I can help you sterilize your forum.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Perhaps somebody might explain what is wrong with this post that it requires deletion from the Wall Observer Thread. Do you have fructose intolerance?

Wow, ETH is still performing...

When I come to this forum and see every other post mention ETH, it indicates to me that the fruit has fully ripened.

Altcoin discussions shouldn't be in Bitcoin boards.
legendary
Perhaps somebody might explain what is wrong with this post that it requires deletion from the Wall Observer Thread. Do you have fructose intolerance?

Wow, ETH is still performing...

When I come to this forum and see every other post mention ETH, it indicates to me that the fruit has fully ripened.
legendary
Terminated.
Hello Team Bitcointalk,

Can you advice us why?

Gr.,
Jack
Hello. I've sent you a PM and restored your thread. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Activity: 71
Merit: 14
Hello Team Bitcointalk,

Today twice our ANN thread has been deleted (or your site has a technical bug).

just push the delete button does not help, Now if you ever tell us why you push the delete button, we can take this into account in the 3rd attempt.

Are we breaking the rules?, this is not our intention.

But if we do not notice we can change nothing...

Can you advice us why?

Gr.,
Jack

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7

5. No link shortners that requires users to view an ad.

Is this only limited to link shortners? What about stuff like : this

Also isn't rule 20, not being followed anymore. Thats what I heard from patrollers anyway
legendary
So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now.
Well, I'm willing to bet that not every rule is on this list, as I'm sure there are some unwritten ones that haven't been included just yet.

Edit: Though when I'm already here... when taking all these rules into account, then there is no rule against posting too much on the forum at all when you wear a signature of some kind, right? You can see I nicely format posts to multiple persons now so that it even gets seeable that it is a post directed to more than one persons. Though I often don't have time to post so I take the time to check out developments on the forum each other day.
Posting a lot (on it's own) is not against forum rules, as long as you keep the other rules in mind. So, if you make a lot of shitty posts, you'll be breaking forum rules, but not because you aren't allowed to post a lot.

Cheesy Thanks! And I never do shitty posts... as far as Iam aware. Surely I could get a quick buck by doing so but not doing it let me be a quality poster that campaign managers like and try to keep. Cheesy I always like it more being surrounded by happy people. Tongue
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now.
Well, I'm willing to bet that not every rule is on this list, as I'm sure there are some unwritten ones that haven't been included just yet.

Edit: Though when I'm already here... when taking all these rules into account, then there is no rule against posting too much on the forum at all when you wear a signature of some kind, right? You can see I nicely format posts to multiple persons now so that it even gets seeable that it is a post directed to more than one persons. Though I often don't have time to post so I take the time to check out developments on the forum each other day.
Posting a lot (on it's own) is not against forum rules, as long as you keep the other rules in mind. So, if you make a lot of shitty posts, you'll be breaking forum rules, but not because you aren't allowed to post a lot.
legendary
Added a new rule as suggested by Mitchełł (added him to the credits as well):

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

Thanks! Smiley

So when rules change this thread gets an update. That's what I wanted to check. It's good to know that i will not miss new rules now. Cheesy

Guess I become paranoid, fearing a hidden rule everywhere. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Added a new rule as suggested by Mitchełł (added him to the credits as well):

32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
I think a rule in regards to Thread hijacking should also be added as well since the list is getting updated. IIRC there was a statement by theymos but couldn't find it to post as reference. I've reported few of users (using my main account) that hijacked other threads for their own purpose and reports were handled by some moderators so pretty much sure it's against the rules.

I think these cover it:

2. No off-topic posts.
22. Advertising (this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc.) in others threads' is no longer allowed, including, but not limited to, in altcoin announcement threads. [8]
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)
I think a rule in regards to Thread hijacking should also be added as well since the list is getting updated. IIRC there was a statement by theymos but couldn't find it to post as reference. I've reported few of users (using my main account) that hijacked other threads for their own purpose and reports were handled by some moderators so pretty much sure it's against the rules.
Pages:
Jump to: