Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ - page 33. (Read 955392 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
Theymos: "Approximately 1 year from now" XP

Uh oh. We're nearing "2 years from now"! Has Theymos given us an update on the new forum? I literally can't wait.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
-snip-
For example, if I was a moderator and I genuinely thought that posting about other cryptocurrencies that are not Bitcoin was against the rules, I could just ban everyone that makes such an action.
Moderators do not ban members, it is usually done by either BadBear or theymos. You're welcome.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Number 25 really needs to go.

Why? Its the only reason a ban has a lasting affect on persistant spammers.
For all we know, an interpretation of the rules for any moderator could mean several different aspects.

For example, if I was a moderator and I genuinely thought that posting about other cryptocurrencies that are not Bitcoin was against the rules, I could just ban everyone that makes such an action. There needs to be a set of rules to follow, and number 25 is implying self made rules created by moderators, and not rules that were made in agreement of the entire community or staff.

As for Lauda and their contradictions, I have updated my post in my "PSA: Lauda: a staff member's contradictions".
legendary
Terminated.
It should not go. Anyone who is evading deserves such a punishment.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.

Activity: 28
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
On the mission to earn 100 BTC
Just read the whole thread and it was a great source of information. I am now sure what to do and what not and it will be absolutely important in my stay on bitcointalk.org to follow the rules.

Thank you so much mprep, for this post.
Smiley (Thumbs up)
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
My point was actually that because a lot of terms (i.e. altcoin, cryptocurrency, etc.) do not have a direct (or official) translation in most languages that it would be difficult. I was actually spending more time figuring out how properly add things like 'FUD'. If you understand German or Croatian (doubtful), you could use those for help (I did not check the other two translations). I usually left links explaining some terms that have no direct translation or have one that I'm not aware of.

Well, we can understand it better if terms that were used are either Taglish (or mixed Tagalog and English) or pure Filipino. It's true that there are some words that cannot be translated directly into another language, but mixing local and foreign words into a sentence to create context is always a good workaround with these kind of translations. Word for word translation isn't that much needed as long as there is context among what is written.
-snip-

For the parts of the german translation I helped write I tried to add a bit more info to translate the spirit of the rule. I think it also helps if several people work on this as its easier to keep it updated (there are a few changes from time to time) and understandable. Maybe you can get someone to chime in.

I might look on adding some extra details on a certain part of the OP wherein it is a bit complex to understand in our own language when translated. And you're right, it is better to have someone who can help me start with translating. Doing this alone would require me a lot of time (though there isn't a need for it to be rushed.)
copper member
My point was actually that because a lot of terms (i.e. altcoin, cryptocurrency, etc.) do not have a direct (or official) translation in most languages that it would be difficult. I was actually spending more time figuring out how properly add things like 'FUD'. If you understand German or Croatian (doubtful), you could use those for help (I did not check the other two translations). I usually left links explaining some terms that have no direct translation or have one that I'm not aware of.

Well, we can understand it better if terms that were used are either Taglish (or mixed Tagalog and English) or pure Filipino. It's true that there are some words that cannot be translated directly into another language, but mixing local and foreign words into a sentence to create context is always a good workaround with these kind of translations. Word for word translation isn't that much needed as long as there is context among what is written.
-snip-

For the parts of the german translation I helped write I tried to add a bit more info to translate the spirit of the rule. I think it also helps if several people work on this as its easier to keep it updated (there are a few changes from time to time) and understandable. Maybe you can get someone to chime in.
legendary
Cashback 15%

One quick question, if this is just an unofficial list of all the forum rules, then where is the thread for the official forum policies?
There is none, and do not ask me why. I couldn't answer that properly (have never bothered to look into it).

Thanks for answering. I've tried to look it up but to no avail.  Cry

EDIT: Fixed some errors.
legendary
Terminated.
Thank you. Time would not be a problem that much, as it will be our break from university this week.

One quick question, if this is just an unofficial list of all the forum rules, then where is the thread for the official forum policies?
There is none, and do not ask me why. I couldn't answer that properly (have never bothered to look into it).
legendary
Cashback 15%
Since I have been seeing a lot of activity in our local thread (Philippines/Pilipinas) can I translate the whole OP into our own language? I must admit that most of us aren't that proficient in English, so translating the whole OP might help my fellow countrymen to better understand what is already stated in this post.
Simply put, yes. Read the bottom of the first post. There have already been 4 translations. A little heads up, translating will be hard and will take some time.
Translations:
Spanish translation "Reglas no oficiales del foro" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lista-no-oficial-de-reglas-si-oficiales-del-foro-guias-faq-705523) by dserrano5
German translation "Inoffizielle Bitcointalk.org Regeln/Richtlinien/FAQ" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inoffizielle-bitcointalkorg-regelnrichtlinienfaq-767079) by Zephir
Portuguese translation "Lista "não-oficial" de Regras do Fórum" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lista-nao-oficial-de-regras-do-forum-759695) by Adriano
Croatian translation "Nezvanična lista Bitcointalk.org pravila/smjernica/FAQ"  (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dead-1182311) by LaudaM

Thank you. Time would not be a problem that much, as it will be our break from university this week. One quick question, if this is just an unofficial list of all the forum rules, then where is the thread for the official forum policies?
legendary
Terminated.
Since I have been seeing a lot of activity in our local thread (Philippines/Pilipinas) can I translate the whole OP into our own language? I must admit that most of us aren't that proficient in English, so translating the whole OP might help my fellow countrymen to better understand what is already stated in this post.
Simply put, yes. Read the bottom of the first post. There have already been 4 translations. A little heads up, translating will be hard and will take some time.
Translations:
Spanish translation "Reglas no oficiales del foro" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lista-no-oficial-de-reglas-si-oficiales-del-foro-guias-faq-705523) by dserrano5
German translation "Inoffizielle Bitcointalk.org Regeln/Richtlinien/FAQ" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inoffizielle-bitcointalkorg-regelnrichtlinienfaq-767079) by Zephir
Portuguese translation "Lista "não-oficial" de Regras do Fórum" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lista-nao-oficial-de-regras-do-forum-759695) by Adriano
Croatian translation "Nezvanična lista Bitcointalk.org pravila/smjernica/FAQ"  (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dead-1182311) by LaudaM
legendary
Cashback 15%
Activity: 462
Merit: 336
Thank you for posting a compilation of the rules, as a newbie of the forum it has helped me to understand this forum tremendously and I am very thankful.
Spent the last 10 minutes reading these so hopefully they're embedded into my brain for future posting activity.
copper member
On what day does the activity change? Its confusing to say every 14 days. for example if the first activity started on monday its always going to be monday. so when is it?

What are the forum/google searches you've done to try and find this on your own?

My guess is the following:

Code:

Regardless, Ill just leave this here:

Code:
1441110000 01.09.2015 12:20:00
1442320000 15.09.2015 12:26:40
1443530000 29.09.2015 12:33:20
1444740000 13.10.2015 12:40:00
1445950000 27.10.2015 12:46:40
1447160000 10.11.2015 12:53:20
1448370000 24.11.2015 13:00:00
1449580000 08.12.2015 13:06:40
1450790000 22.12.2015 13:13:20
1452000000 05.01.2016 13:20:00
1453210000 19.01.2016 13:26:40
1454420000 02.02.2016 13:33:20
1455630000 16.02.2016 13:40:00
1456840000 01.03.2016 13:46:40

On what day does the activity change? Its confusing to say every 14 days. for example if the first activity started on monday its always going to be monday. so when is it?

There is no fixed day. Activity changes every 1210000 seconds.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

What are the forum/google searches you've done to try and find this on your own?
Activity: 1
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Added a new FAQ question:

Q: I can't post / embed an image and I'm a newbie. Why?
A: Embedded images have been disabled for newbies due to abuse. You'll be able to post images when you become Jr. Member. See more: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/images-in-posts-disabled-for-newbies-1172918.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
I read that alt coin sub forum is neglected but  does this mean we can speak non english here its annoying to see so many people replying to my thread in non english. should I report them will they be dealt with?

I read that alt coin sub forum is neglected
It used to be when there was no dedicated moderator.

does this mean we can speak non english here its annoying to see so many people replying to my thread in non english.
No, such posts are not allowed. Also, it's physically impossible for every post to be checked in the altcoin forums due to the sheer volume of such content and that's where user reports come in.

should I report them will they be dealt with?
Yes.
Pages:
Jump to: