Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial Spondoolies SP20 thread - page 11. (Read 125961 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
July 02, 2015, 08:49:41 PM
Anyone notice or test the new 2.6.4 or 2.7.1 firmware available via Manual Update selection in webgui?
Any known changes or documentation to these?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
July 02, 2015, 09:00:14 AM
help someone please .. my sp20 is a brickhead and i cant get it to stop.. i tried recovery SD and boot img.. nothing works!
lights in ethernet port light up when its plugged, and big orange light for a few sec on startup.. but not much more than that Sad

i used 32gb sd card formatted fat32.. is that not the road to recovery?

i leave sd card in while i perform manual reboot with power cord ... then i let it reboot and sit for ~15 minutes with power, its quite uneventful- nothing happens.. especially no christmas lights

so the sd card is blank?  I know you did a format.  but I believe you need a formatted card with an image set with mining info.

go to this link read it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11769785

since Pt0x has done 5 sd cards and knows how to do them ask him how. 

maybe he would mail a good one to you if you ask him. 
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
its not my fault
July 01, 2015, 10:26:22 PM
help someone please .. my sp20 is a brickhead and i cant get it to stop.. i tried recovery SD and boot img.. nothing works!
lights in ethernet port light up when its plugged, and big orange light for a few sec on startup.. but not much more than that Sad

i used 32gb sd card formatted fat32.. is that not the road to recovery?

i leave sd card in while i perform manual reboot with power cord ... then i let it reboot and sit for ~15 minutes with power, its quite uneventful- nothing happens.. especially no christmas lights
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 21, 2015, 03:27:13 PM
my  2 x sp 20  Mng board / controller board have problem both LED is no light only the lan port light on Then spondoolies charge 150 Usd without shipping each controller board...The price is expensive Have any way to fix this ?use other controller board? or wat else ...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
June 16, 2015, 02:03:04 PM
So I have one of my SP20E's with 2 chips acting up. At stock settings or underclocked, one states it has an overcurrent and the other states it has a serial problem. Ill upload some pictures of the dashboard this afternoon.

Right now I just have them both disabled and the unit is running about 1100 Gh/s. Any ideas on how/why this problem would occur out of nowhere?

Unit is on a single 1300w EVGA 80+ Gold PSU by itself.
legendary
June 16, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
I apologize ahead of time for this not really being an issue with regard to SP Tech.

I don't post very much, but I read the forums almost daily.  I am a small miner, as I believe most on this thread are as well.  I also believe that the people here are some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent among small miners. 
Over the past few months we've seen major changes.  The pool hashrate distribution chart [urlhttps://blockchain.info/pools][/url] is starting to look pretty ominous.  BTC Guild is closing down as of June 30th.
I am just curious as to people's thoughts and feelings regarding the changes, as well as the future - our future as small miners. I'm also curious as to everyone's feelings toward bitcoin itself. 
I hope the best for everyone, but the horizon doesn't look very bright for us anymore.
Regards,
Ski   

I do not think I will ever do winter mining like I used to do 6watts from oct 1 to march 1.

Last season I ran 12-13th in house.  Not going to happen this time.

I will go back to 1 or 2 th mostly  with it all at my friends low power cost office.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Kinex - The New Frontier
June 16, 2015, 12:27:04 PM
I apologize ahead of time for this not really being an issue with regard to SP Tech.

I don't post very much, but I read the forums almost daily.  I am a small miner, as I believe most on this thread are as well.  I also believe that the people here are some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent among small miners. 
Over the past few months we've seen major changes.  The pool hashrate distribution chart [urlhttps://blockchain.info/pools][/url] is starting to look pretty ominous.  BTC Guild is closing down as of June 30th.
I am just curious as to people's thoughts and feelings regarding the changes, as well as the future - our future as small miners. I'm also curious as to everyone's feelings toward bitcoin itself. 
I hope the best for everyone, but the horizon doesn't look very bright for us anymore.
Regards,
Ski   
legendary
June 13, 2015, 05:08:26 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been ripped off by them. SpondooliesTech does NOT honor their warranty and ships DOA SP20s.

I've not seen any rip-off claims against Spondoolies ... they proved themselves as one of the good guys ... coming from nowhere to a 'standard'. Sure gave me and many, many others a great and responsive service ... shame we probably won't see any more home miners produced by them.

They delivered DOA SP20s and refuse to RMA them. They lied about having a warranty. SpondooliesTech is dishonest and completely untrustworthy.

Aside from just plain liking SP-T, I have no dog in this fight. I do, however, have a fair number of friends who have purchased their equipment. Some of whom had problems. SP-T ALWAYS resolved it. I follow the main thread, and it appears that you have demanded RMA and refused ALL OTHER forms of assistance.

Sorry, bub. this is the real world. It don't work like that. RMA is almost always the last step in a warranty claim, and if you refuse the first steps, as clearly documented by your own words, then good fucking luck in any court. Not even the American 9th district court would give you "satisfaction" in this one, and they love to hand down ridiculous verdicts.

Hell, even edgar, who had massive issues, eventually (grudgingly) conceded that they helped him. Not really in the manner he wanted, but they did do it. Many others have had their problems resolved very quickly. To my eyes, SP-T remains one of the best companies in the mining hardware business.

I am pretty much in the same ballpark opinion wise.  If he had done remote view and skpe and the gear did not work I would say SP tech fucked him.  But he refused to do that.

To this day I don't understand why.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
June 13, 2015, 05:04:05 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been ripped off by them. SpondooliesTech does NOT honor their warranty and ships DOA SP20s.

I've not seen any rip-off claims against Spondoolies ... they proved themselves as one of the good guys ... coming from nowhere to a 'standard'. Sure gave me and many, many others a great and responsive service ... shame we probably won't see any more home miners produced by them.

They delivered DOA SP20s and refuse to RMA them. They lied about having a warranty. SpondooliesTech is dishonest and completely untrustworthy.

Aside from just plain liking SP-T, I have no dog in this fight. I do, however, have a fair number of friends who have purchased their equipment. Some of whom had problems. SP-T ALWAYS resolved it. I follow the main thread, and it appears that you have demanded RMA and refused ALL OTHER forms of assistance.

Sorry, bub. this is the real world. It don't work like that. RMA is almost always the last step in a warranty claim, and if you refuse the first steps, as clearly documented by your own words, then good fucking luck in any court. Not even the American 9th district court would give you "satisfaction" in this one, and they love to hand down ridiculous verdicts.

Hell, even edgar, who had massive issues, eventually (grudgingly) conceded that they helped him. Not really in the manner he wanted, but they did do it. Many others have had their problems resolved very quickly. To my eyes, SP-T remains one of the best companies in the mining hardware business.
legendary
June 13, 2015, 08:18:22 AM
One of my Sp20s is not booting anymore.

I switched the watts to 155 per ASIC and now it doesnt even give a livingsign. I clicked restart mining and it just shows up "its not available". Switched it off and now its not starting. Can anybody help me? Not even the fans are turning on. I already checked the PSU, which is fine.

you need to do an sdcard start.
Activity: 378
Merit: 252
June 12, 2015, 03:55:59 PM
One of my Sp20s is not booting anymore.

I switched the watts to 155 per ASIC and now it doesnt even give a livingsign. I clicked restart mining and it just shows up "its not available". Switched it off and now its not starting. Can anybody help me? Not even the fans are turning on. I already checked the PSU, which is fine.
Activity: 110
June 11, 2015, 11:01:02 AM
I do not delete much .  I can establish one true thing there seems to have been bad gear sold to Miasma.

Most of the other statements I can't get proof So I deleted most of his posts.

It does appear he got a doa sp20 maybe 2 out of the 15 he purchased.  A  lot of the rest of the problems  he has had seems to be his fault. (not sure)   I rather he stick to the other spondoolies threads. not mine.  he caused notlist3d and I am pretty sure he got the wrong person in that case.

I rather he settle his issues on another thread.

Now if he files a claim and shows proof that he filed the claim with the FTC instead of a signature that is not verifiable I would keep his posts.

RIGHT NOT I CAN  NOT VERIFY HIS  CLAIMS IN 2 OF  3 CASES.

AND THE ONE THAT MAY BE TRUE I KIND OF CAN VERIFY IT.

This is why I delete his posts.

I apologized to notlist3d. There have been many thieves that have gotten loans from BTCjam.com with fake identities.

My FTC claim number is 62637738.
June 11, 2015, 10:39:22 AM
What I find truly amazing is that on the SP-Tech thread they've written to miasma plenty of times trying to work with him.

Here's the quote from just 2 days ago:

Post the completion of our merge, we do intend to deploy our 3rd gen and later gens tech at BTCS facility in NC and evaluate expansion to other lower cost electricity facilities as well.
Regarding hardware sales (miners, ASICs) and JV type deals (rev-share) it will be dependent on market conditions and will be on a selective basis.

Guy

Guy, Why don't you honor your warranty when you ship Dead On Arrival SP20E's Huh

I've been contacting SpondooliesTech since January regarding order 4364 and all I get is the run around. Of the 15 SP20E's almost half would not hash when I received them. I had to reimage the firmware and still two remained DOA. Why did you send me an email saying that after a successful burn-in test we're shipping your 15 SP20E's Huh
Is the SP20E so fragile it breaks in shipping Huh

Hi Miasma,

In response to your previous post, I have written the following response:

Hi Miasma,

Our team has contacted you multiple times and requested to have a session to verify the status of the machines and attempt to debug the situation. These sessions have a very high success rate yet you have repeatedly refused to help us assist you. Even then, you have been offered to RMA the machines but have chosen to ignored our communication attempts.

We certainly honor the warranty and would like to help, but we cannot do that without your cooperation.

I again ask that you reply to the latest communication and proceed with the RMA process.

For clarification, only communication with [email protected] is documented and officially responded to. We do our best to answer questions asked on the forum but can only guarantee response to contacts to our official support email.

If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction after you respond to our communication, I will gladly take ownership of your ticket to see that the issue is resolved.
We appreciate your support and cooperation,

Gadi

You have refused to work with our support team and did not respond to any of our support or RMA suggestions.

Without your cooperation and without sending us the units back, there's nothing that we can do.

We urge you once more to work with us to resolve the issue,

Gadi

It's not like they aren't trying to help the guy...

They NEVER tried to help me. SpondooliesTech never answered a single one of my questions. Their stupid claim that they could diagnose and fix my DOA SP20s via Sype is absurd. How can they access a miner that powers on but will not communicate with my network Huh
June 11, 2015, 10:37:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
June 10, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
What I find truly amazing is that on the SP-Tech thread they've written to miasma plenty of times trying to work with him.

Here's the quote from just 2 days ago:

Post the completion of our merge, we do intend to deploy our 3rd gen and later gens tech at BTCS facility in NC and evaluate expansion to other lower cost electricity facilities as well.
Regarding hardware sales (miners, ASICs) and JV type deals (rev-share) it will be dependent on market conditions and will be on a selective basis.

Guy

Guy, Why don't you honor your warranty when you ship Dead On Arrival SP20E's Huh

I've been contacting SpondooliesTech since January regarding order 4364 and all I get is the run around. Of the 15 SP20E's almost half would not hash when I received them. I had to reimage the firmware and still two remained DOA. Why did you send me an email saying that after a successful burn-in test we're shipping your 15 SP20E's Huh
Is the SP20E so fragile it breaks in shipping Huh

Hi Miasma,

In response to your previous post, I have written the following response:

Hi Miasma,

Our team has contacted you multiple times and requested to have a session to verify the status of the machines and attempt to debug the situation. These sessions have a very high success rate yet you have repeatedly refused to help us assist you. Even then, you have been offered to RMA the machines but have chosen to ignored our communication attempts.

We certainly honor the warranty and would like to help, but we cannot do that without your cooperation.

I again ask that you reply to the latest communication and proceed with the RMA process.

For clarification, only communication with [email protected] is documented and officially responded to. We do our best to answer questions asked on the forum but can only guarantee response to contacts to our official support email.

If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction after you respond to our communication, I will gladly take ownership of your ticket to see that the issue is resolved.
We appreciate your support and cooperation,

Gadi

You have refused to work with our support team and did not respond to any of our support or RMA suggestions.

Without your cooperation and without sending us the units back, there's nothing that we can do.

We urge you once more to work with us to resolve the issue,

Gadi

It's not like they aren't trying to help the guy...
legendary
June 09, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
I do not delete much .  I can establish one true thing there seems to have been bad gear sold to Miasma.

Most of the other statements I can't get proof So I deleted most of his posts.

It does appear he got a doa sp20 maybe 2 out of the 15 he purchased.  A  lot of the rest of the problems  he has had seems to be his fault. (not sure)   I rather he stick to the other spondoolies threads. not mine.  he caused notlist3d and I am pretty sure he got the wrong person in that case.

I rather he settle his issues on another thread.

Now if he files a claim and shows proof that he filed the claim with the FTC instead of a signature that is not verifiable I would keep his posts.

RIGHT NOT I CAN  NOT VERIFY HIS  CLAIMS IN 2 OF  3 CASES.

AND THE ONE THAT MAY BE TRUE I KIND OF CAN VERIFY IT.

This is why I delete his posts.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
June 09, 2015, 06:03:40 PM
Any chance that Miasma is an account that was sold? I've never understood the motivation for selling you account, which I vies as your "Bitcoin identity".

Unfortunately there are plenty of account whores out there that simply build accounts to sell on. I also think its very sad but it seems to be a career choice for some Sad.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
June 09, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
Any chance that Miasma is an account that was sold? I've never understood the motivation for selling you account, which I vies as your "Bitcoin identity".
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
June 09, 2015, 05:23:11 PM

June 09, 2015, 02:46:36 PM
NOTE I AM DELETING ALL OF MIASMA POSTS DUE TO HIS SIGNATURE

It links to a website
that does not show a Federal Trade Commission claim:

Join the Federal Trade Commission claim against SpondooliesTech:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

Instead it is a blank form I feel he is trying to trick people into filing a claim

I see no evidence of a claim.

Each claimant has to file their own claim. Judging from my horrible experience with SpondooliesTech I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been ripped off by them. SpondooliesTech does NOT honor their warranty and ships DOA SP20s.
Pages:
Jump to: