Pages:
Author

Topic: Unofficial Spondoolies SP20 thread - page 3. (Read 125942 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 21, 2016, 03:36:53 AM
there should be a crontabs file in /etc If I Remember Correctly (IIRC).
You should be able to manually edit that.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
March 20, 2016, 12:53:09 PM
this. it has some issue with adding zeros to every successive cron entry and is easy to spot and fix.

1) download putty ssh.
2) use it to "ssh" to your miner IP, port 22
3) login is admin/admin (IIRC)
4) type cron -e and you should pull up cron in editor mode
5) from tere, read up on a few google sites, crontab is quite simple and takes only a minute or two to figure out

3) works with root not admin - got #1 prompt - or I'm doing something wrong? PuTTY from putty.org has nothing of "IIRC"
4) -sh: cron: not found

help please
March 09, 2016, 11:30:32 AM
Thanks so much!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
March 08, 2016, 11:08:05 PM

only Monday is as set every next entry changed to out off range values, same on two machines.
Firmware  2.6.14, cgminer 4.7.0
Any idea?

The web software is bugged for setting voltages.
 Use it to set initial info, then SSH into the machine and manually fix the entries in the chrontab

It worked - mostly - but when I did daily voltage schedualing sometimes something would hang and cgminer would never restart.
this. it has some issue with adding zeros to every successive cron entry and is easy to spot and fix.

1) download putty ssh.
2) use it to "ssh" to your miner IP, port 22
3) login is admin/admin (IIRC)
4) type cron -e and you should pull up cron in editor mode
5) from tere, read up on a few google sites, crontab is quite simple and takes only a minute or two to figure out
March 08, 2016, 05:14:57 AM

only Monday is as set every next entry changed to out off range values, same on two machines.
Firmware  2.6.14, cgminer 4.7.0
Any idea?

Use it to set initial info, then SSH into the machine and manually fix the entries in the chrontab

It worked - mostly - but when I did daily voltage schedualing sometimes something would hang and cgminer would never restart.

Thank you. Where I can learn about SSH and chrontab?
legendary
March 08, 2016, 04:12:38 AM

Any idea?

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
March 08, 2016, 01:17:22 AM

Ok tried all the combinations....same thing.
I even brought up another 1300w that I have and tried them both together....Still nothing
Is it dead?
The guy I bought it from mined until he shipped it and it worked for him...

Try a different ethernet cable, and setting the IP address by DHCP using something like tftpd32 and connecting directly to your computer.  I had some that were difficult to connect to initially using DHCP, but most of my issues were how I was wiring the ethernet cables (not swapping the blue and green whites) once i had more than 6x SP20's in use.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
March 07, 2016, 08:18:29 PM
Im having a problem with my SP20 that I just bought off of ebay.

I have tried getting my SP20 to start and it wont. When I turn on the power supply the fan will come on run for about 5 seconds, then shut off and the yellow light will come on. Then the yellow light goes off and the fan comes on again for about 10-20 seconds then the fan shuts off again. The yellow light then begins blinking 6 times every few seconds. The ethernet lights are both going but it is not showing up on my router and going to myminer.io shows me nothing.

I have tried to sd boot it = nothing
sd reset = resets but then when I take out the sd card and restart it.....nothing
......I even tried the blow dryer trick......nothing

The old owner has been a huge help trying to get it going but so far nothing

Any help would be majorly appreciated!

What PSU are you using? Model and watts.

I would start at looking at that.   I never had to do the sd boot luckily. 

Im using a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W

Garbage psu multi rail so

Here is my guess.

One rail is 36 amps that is good for one pcie plug not 2
Second rail is 36 amps that is good for one pcie plug not 2
Third rail is 20 amps that is only good if your gear is set to 200 watts per pcie plug

So if your gear is set to 200 watts per pcie plug you can only do three plugs not four.

I would connect two pcie plugs

C.       Empty
C.        Empty

See diagram.

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

C.       C.
Empty empty

If it starts let me know
If it does not start

Empty.  C
Empty.  C

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

Empty  empty
C.         C

It should start on one of those patterns

With 3 rails of 36 36 20

You could get it to work on careful setup and big under clock.

Since the most a 36 can do is 18 x 12 = 216 watts.  A setting like 150 watts would be okay.

So .61 volts. And 150 watts would be good.

But you need to start it to downclock it to thay

I even brought up another 1300w that I have and tried them both together....Still nothing
Is it dead?

I was the original owner of this machine, had my sp20e hooked up to 2 corsair rm850s, then underclocked it down to 1. Worked both ways. I reset to factory settings, turned off the device and shipped it out.
March 07, 2016, 04:17:25 PM
Newbie question if I may:
I am trying to set SP20E to work night shift only, so I set Voltage Scheduling for each day to 0V before 8am and default 0.69V after 6pm. Saved - looks good.
When refreshing Setting page I got this:

Any idea?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
February 27, 2016, 07:15:54 PM
While I'm in here, does anyone know a SSH command to change the fan speed without restarting mining? 

I figure it must be possible since autofan does it on the fly, but I don't know a command to manually do it.  Also, is there a command that can be executed to reset the thermal limits (Tl) like usually happens every three hours?

I've gotten into the daily ritual of kicking the fans down to 40% when I'm near the noise and up to 90% at other times and as anyone who had regularly restarted one of these knows, about 1% of the time they do not restart as expected requiring 3 or 4 extra minutes to get everything back in order.  I'm probably getting rid of them soon anyway (feel free to PM an offer) so it isn't important, but I'm still curious.
February 27, 2016, 07:00:57 PM
Blinking 6 times... hmmm... on mine that is usually humidity related (but you've already tried the hair dryer trick and I assume you are trying to start it in a dry location).  It sounds like you've done everything else right.  That PSU isn't great but you should at least be able to start half of a blade to get something working.

I'm grasping at straws here, but is Google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 ) pingable from your LAN?  I think Spondoolies has that hard coded in a check_connection() function somewhere, so if it isn't pingable the miner will not start.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
February 27, 2016, 11:59:03 AM

I have tried getting my SP20 to start and it wont. When I turn on the power supply the fan will come on run for about 5 seconds, then shut off and the yellow light will come on. Then the yellow light goes off and the fan comes on again for about 10-20 seconds then the fan shuts off again. The yellow light then begins blinking 6 times every few seconds. The ethernet lights are both going but it is not showing up on my router and going to myminer.io shows me nothing.

sd reset = resets but then when I take out the sd card and restart it.....nothing

Here is my guess.

Third rail is 20 amps that is only good if your gear is set to 200 watts per pcie plug

So if your gear is set to 200 watts per pcie plug you can only do three plugs not four.

C.       Empty
C.        Empty

See diagram.

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

C.       C.
Empty empty

If it starts let me know
If it does not start

Empty.  C
Empty.  C

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

Empty  empty
C.         C

With 3 rails of 36 36 20

Since the most a 36 can do is 18 x 12 = 216 watts.  A setting like 150 watts would be okay.

Is it dead?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
February 27, 2016, 10:46:29 AM

Here is my guess.

C.       Empty
C.        Empty

See diagram.

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

C.       C.
Empty empty

If it starts let me know
If it does not start

Empty.  C
Empty.  C

If it starts let me know

If it does not start

Empty  empty
C.         C

With 3 rails of 36 36 20

February 27, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
February 27, 2016, 02:32:52 AM

Try to plug a cable into the management port.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2016, 02:11:50 AM

February 26, 2016, 11:12:30 PM

legendary
February 01, 2016, 03:57:00 AM
Very odd, I've been running my SP20 on static IP that I configured for a long time now.

Try updating your browser - I can't do configuration on one of my machines that has an OLD version of Firefox, but works fine on a machine with a fairly recent version.
 I CAN look at the SP20 web interface with that machine, but about half the buttons don't work.

The old machine is mostly my media-center box runnning Win2k, there IS no available Firefox upgrade for that old an OS past what I have on it.

Activity: 1
January 31, 2016, 06:47:55 PM
Hello,

I got and used SP20 recently. It was mining fine at home using DHCP. I had to move the miner to my work (no one at home tolerate the noisy fan). At work I can’t use DHCP because of a firewall allowing only specified static IPs. So I found myself with the following problem: the miner does not accept an static IP, after rebooting (because of lack of network connection) it always restarts with the initial agreements page, ignoring previously configured variables: passports, pools and static IP.

I have contacted spondoolies, in their last response Barbara told me that “The SP20 has been out of warranty for an extended time and is now out of support “ advising me that “The following steps have proven to resolve the majority of issues: 1. Power the machine down completely and reboot. Restoring to factory settings may help.
2. Scan your router and make sure your user interface is recognizing the correct IP address. 3. Perform an SD card recovery. Instructions are on our website at (…) “.

I have already followed these instruction but noting changes. The miner works perfectly at home with DHCP but never accepts configured variables via the management console.
Via ssh I have accessed the SP20 to dig inside its file structure searching for a plausible configuration file where to change things without success. I tried using "if config eth0" to an static IP. After that I lost connection with the SP20. After rebooting again the SP20 had deleted the assigned static IP. By the way it had the latest firmware . There should be an straightforward way of solving this problem via the command line (ssh). I need some help here. Thanks in advance.
December 31, 2015, 10:11:17 AM
Does anyone know what the value of C317 on the SP20 controller board (REV A_00) is supposed to be?

The fan stopped spinning on one of my SP20s this morning which of course brought the miner down (hopefully without any damage to the ASICs-- I don't know yet).  I pulled it apart and found fuse F4 blown and a dead short across the +12V and GND lines to the fan.  Looking at the fan controller section of the controller board my suspicion was on C262, C261, C309, or C317.  I desoldered each and tested them.  C317 is completely shorted.  The fan tests good on a bench supply, so it looks like replacing F4 and C317 should bring it back to life (assuming the ASICs didn't get cooked), if I can figure out a good replacement value for C317.
Pages:
Jump to: