Pages:
Author

Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam - page 14. (Read 69427 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Instead of hand waving and brushing off the crypto that backs monero and who created it and what Daniel J Burnstein has stood for concerning privacy for all..I'm leaving this here...

In case any one wants to actually see the math that backs monero: http://cr.yp.to/ecdh/curve25519-20060209.pdf
legendary

Show me your bank account details or STFU.

My bank account does not contain money. It contains numbers which are "backed" by a trusted party and is synonymous with me as a legal entity. Thats why they are kept private - because it's a set of accounts. That kind of privacy pertains to record keeping.

If you think thats a basis for an encrypted crypto-blockchain then be my guest, but all you;ve got is bookkeeping. Please refer to my answer 3 posts ago.

You missed OTHE's point...if you dont want privacy...then please show us all your bank statements or STFU.

Please keep up.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

My bank account does not contain money. It contains numbers which are "backed" by a trusted party and is synonymous with me as a legal entity. Thats why they are kept private - because it's a set of accounts. That kind of privacy pertains to record keeping.

If you think thats a basis for an encrypted crypto-blockchain then be my guest, but all you've got then is bookkeeping. Please refer to my answer 3 posts ago.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You repeat the same bullshit over and over and over without understanding how cryptonote works you stupid fool.

You think voluntary disclosure of balances does anything to address this ? You need to see the viewkey when the other guy DOESN'T want to show you it, not just when he does.

Why don´t you just tell us that u don´t want privacy, how hypocrite to babble such bullshit and then support sth like dash, i laughed hard.

legendary

there can be no coins created out of thin air

Who cares ?  Nobody even needs to fake the supply in an electronic medium with such poor monetary properties.

- build a world financial system on the back of a principle that was invented for spies and banks . They don't need to break it to ruin it. The fact that no-one can see what address(ses) funded another is enough of a breach in publicly auditable continuity to render it useless. All anyone needs to do is plant enough turds in the punchbowl of wallets, exchanges, blockexplorers and 'viewkey' gimmickry to completely destroy confidence without even touching a line of protocol code

You think voluntary disclosure of balances does anything to address this ? You need to see the viewkey when the other guy DOESN'T want to show you it, not just when he does.

I'm sorry. Cryptonote and secrecy technologies like it were not developed to protect 'us' from governments. They were invented to protect 'governments' from us.

keep them coming you delibertely lying scumbag.

Thanks for the compliment but coming from someone who can't tell the difference between money and the bag that carries it I won't take it to heart  Wink

Don't worry. Your erstwhile guide, smooth, will be along here in a minute with one of his "nothing to see here, you're all too thick to understand math" posts.

Meanwhile, money is money and encrypted messaging systems are bookkeeping, so be careful what you ask for cos you might get it - in this case a wallet full of secret but worthless digits  Wink

Nothing is secret you fucking idiot in CN, amounts are shown on the blockchain for every TX and there can be no coins created out of thin air without everyone seeing it, unlike zerocash.
legendary

Eyes can see source code.

Now go back to the drawing board and figure out more ways to spin or troll facts that are presented.  Kiss
legendary

It's funny how people like you who support a shady coin like Dash prefer to not deal in facts but in everything else that you can spin to make your case.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in your life you tried to sell people DOG SHIT spinning them as "non-sanitary robust warm mush that can help you fuel your car"

"don't worry the smell is a FEATURE!"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary

If you don't trust his work

You stick to your trainspotting if it gets you so excited.

I trust what I can see thanks.

legendary

The math behind Monero is sound.

Sure. Specially since it was built by the very people you're claiming to be "protecting" yourselves from   Cheesy

Keep them coming.

Goes to show what you know.

The implementation of Monero is based on Daniel J Burnstein's elliptic curve.

If you don't trust his work then you should just take a chainsaw to your computer and go live in a cave.

Get educated please you are only making yourself look like a fool.  Cheesy
legendary

Thanks for the compliment but coming from someone who can't tell the difference between money and the bag that carries it I won't take it to heart  Wink

Don't worry. Your erstwhile guide, smooth, will be along here in a minute with one of his "nothing to see here, you're all too thick to understand math" posts.

Meanwhile, money is money and encrypted messaging systems are bookkeeping, so be careful what you ask for cos you might get it - in this case a wallet full of secret but worthless digits  Wink
You mean DJB?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States

legendary

The math behind Monero is sound.

Sure. Specially since it was built by the very people you're claiming to be "protecting" yourselves from   Cheesy

Keep them coming.
legendary

Why don´t give some technical arguments

I don't need to give "technical arguments".

Money isn't about technology, it's about confidence and seeing.

I'm afraid Monero just blew up on both counts.

lol

Money is technology...what the fuck do you think Bitcoin is?

Confidence can be used as a veil of bullshit to get people to buy into something you are spinning or selling.

Seeing is for people who have eyes of which you do not appear to have.

The math behind Monero is sound. Can't say the same for your piece of trash scamcoin.
legendary

Why don´t give some technical arguments

I don't need to give "technical arguments".

Money isn't about technology, it's about confidence and seeing.

I'm afraid Monero just blew up on both counts.
Wow, that must have been the most meaningless bullshit post you could have come up with.

Why don´t give some technical arguments, oh wait because you can´t?

Instead you are bubbling empty phrases and lies like the rest of your little scam organisation.
legendary

You are so full of shit

You mean you hope I am.

But fuck yeah, tell us more bullshit and attack the people who fight for privacy like DJB while you do so, exactly what the fucked up world needs.

Well, given that Monero only ever had 2 legs to stand on - one being privacy, the other being a "clean" launch of Bytecoin, I'd say your about legless by now and not the enjoyable kind either.

You know what they say - "all the world's a stage". Except you've got a backstage audience as well.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the show  Wink
Just so happens there is a cryptocurrency which implements those core principles of money.

The problems with fungibility through 'hiding' are:

[1] - it isn't fungibility by definition

[2] - if there's a lock then there's a key. The only question is who's got the key(s)

Please give us some of your drugs.
There´s nothing hidden in CN, you are so fucking dumb to not even understand the the principles of it; or let´s say narrowminded becaue you prolly just spread lies about it on purpose.

Like I say. A honeypot with more backdoors than a city brothel  Wink

You are so full of shit; CN uses DJB´s reference implementation (https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commit/0a4bc84b2f681dfd89b501648f65a951d876e2d8), Daniel J Bernstein is prolly the only guy that is trustable enough with stuff like this as he even fights against the fucking USA where i guess you are a proud citizen of (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernstein_v._United_States), also if you don´t trust DJB you should never again use the internet because a fuckton of servers and services are running his code.

This starts from OpenSSH and goes to OpenBSD release signing etc.

And as it uses DJBs ref10 implementation the whole article you posted quotes from is clearly a smear campaign prolly launched by your scammer dashtard friends against genuine cryptography.

I would really shut the fuck up because your holy fuhrer evan is the one "clever" enough to chain 11 NIST approved algos for the PoW and calls it a day.

But fuck yeah, tell us more bullshit and attack the people who fight for privacy like DJB while you do so, exactly what the fucked up world needs.

But thats really all you guys can do, spreading bullshit without even understanding it, not surprised the islamic state calls themselves Daesh too (http://www.vox.com/2015/11/14/9734894/daesh-isis-isil).
legendary

I see GT is pushing his usual confused nonsense...

There is no digital cash without fungibility and there is no fungibliity without privacy.

What's 'private' about gold, salt, tea, coal, grain, oil or any other medium that even got used as 'base money'. They are all fungible and therefore anonymous. Whether they are 'private' or not depends on who happens to know you in possession of them, not on the nature of the money.

Speaking of which, when it comes to a worldwide network of electronic tokens such as crypto, what you want is something that everyone can see (like the aforementioned monetary precedents) but that no-one can know you own. How is that achieved ?

...by maximising TRANSPARENCY and FUNGIBILITY independently of each other so that the currency remains anonymous and homogeneous. Everyone can verify but every address looks like every other address. (Like tea, salt and grain).

Just so happens there is a cryptocurrency which implements those core principles of money.

The problems with fungibility through 'hiding' are:

[1] - it isn't fungibility by definition

[2] - if there's a lock then there's a key. The only question is who's got the key(s)  Wink

Like I say. A honeypot with more backdoors than a city brothel  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
^Also they much prefer the "all launches are flawed, therefore our great instamine isn't that bad" narrative than discuss why X11 (the heart of dash) is flawed and therefore the whole coin is likely doomed (whether people care about the instamine or not).

So dashers, show me a legitimate coin with a 30% instamine that didn't state up front they were an IPO?

And show me how you plan to get rid of X11 and the flaws inherent in smashing algos together?

If you can't do both, your coin is most likely fucked. You can argue it doesn't matter, but my question becomes, "Is that based on reality or wishful thinking?" Because it seems that your "no premine and was fairly and transparently launched" label seems pretty dearly kept even though it is just parsing words and avoiding why people don't like premines (give you a clue--it's the same reason they don't like instamines). And it is very doubtful any coin could survive the type of attack outlined by TPTB_need_war because you can't simply roll it back and cut an algo to fix it like Evan has wrongly stated and dashers have mindlessly parroted.

break it or STFU.
and get back on topic.
Pages:
Jump to: