Pages:
Author

Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam - page 39. (Read 69429 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Nice OP. I always thought there was something really wrong with XMR as the prices were too damn high for a clone coin. The artificial hype created by troll accounts explains this.

http://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master
http://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/development

The prices are high because we have diverged from the CryptoNote reference implementation ages ago. Also, it's important to understand what that means, and to understand that we did not "clone" Bytecoin (although TFT did use their code base initially), we effectively used the CryptoNote reference implementation (which, in and of itself, is also forked from Bytecoin). You'll notice that in both our original forked code, and the CryptoNote reference code, that the only developers credited are "the CryptoNote developers", not the "Bytecoin developers".

From the day I came to know about cryptonote, I have always supported Bytecoin, which is the first and original cryptonote coin. I am a bit concerned about the 80% mined coins, but I'm hopeful that this will be addressed in future in the betterment of the coin.

As mentioned above, Bytecoin is merely the reference implementation of CryptoNote. Just like we don't use Bitcoin's testnet for regular transactions, it's probably unwise to use CryptoNote's reference testbed (Bytecoin). I'm also excited to find out how you imagine they're going to get rid of the premine. Are they going to null out the blockchain and start from scratch?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Nice OP. I always thought there was something really wrong with XMR as the prices were too damn high for a clone coin.

Monero is a fork of Bytecoin, not a "clone."  The clone of Bytecoin is called Dash.  http://dashcoin.net/

The market is firmly indicating changes/innovations implemented by the Monero fork make it much more valuable than the original Bytecoin.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Nice OP. I always thought there was something really wrong with XMR as the prices were too damn high for a clone coin. The artificial hype created by troll accounts explains this.

From the day I came to know about cryptonote, I have always supported Bytecoin, which is the first and original cryptonote coin. I am a bit concerned about the 80% mined coins, but I'm hopeful that this will be addressed in future in the betterment of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
[unsupported speculation, wild imaginings, paranoid delusions]

Sorry OP you are doing it wrong, ^that^ is not how you debunk a coin. 

This is how you debunk a coin: http://prestonbyrne.com/2014/08/17/dont-walk-away-run/

We haven't even got the green light to begin advertising Monero.  The team wants to wait until the GUI and DB are done-ish so you don't need tons of RAM/skillz to use XMR.

Except for the logo, XMR raises funds exclusively to help implement key features, not for marketing.

What you are hearing and complaining/hallucinating/freaking out about is called 'word-of-mouth' which is an unpaid, decentralized form of non-commercial communication.

People are naturally talkative about Monero because it is the first great advancement beyond Bitcoin, moving us from radical transparency to radical privacy.

Many old-timers recognize the excitement around the project because they experienced it before, back when BTC broke the $10 barrier many moons ago...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
monero is doing even better than I thought.

You can't be serious... Monero has gone absolutely nowhere.

The standard is not ninja miner cost in April or whatever...
The standard is the first week listed on Polo when the Ave Price was 0.00530
That's the fucking standard for "doing better" or sucking shit.

I've made over 2,000 XMR trades because it's nice to scalp it on 3 exchanges...
And the volume is real, but I'm certain XMR is being heavily manipulated by a few whales...
Probably on direct orders from the McRisto Pump Mothership.

Even the crack hos on the street know a Big Pump is coming...
Every day I hear, "I'll blow you for some Monero, baby".

XMR is positively levitating like a shady snake charmer...
While far superior coins with SANE communities have gotten crushed.

Let's face it...
This is a Gen 1.0 one trick anon pony...
Up against a Gen 2.0 Crypto Asset platform shoot out...
With major corporations about to start rolling out well financed Gen 3.0 crypto.

There is a market for a digital currency that acts like cash, Monero is positioned to be that currency.

The anonymous feature is all we need.

These Crypto asset currencies pose many threats, but none to Monero, and if they start positioning themselves to take on dedicated currencies, the people investing will wake up one day with their dreams smashed to pieces because these asset currencies are not able to offer anonymous simple cash, and investing in them thinking that is what you're getting will become a rude awakening for you.

Also when has a major corporation created something truly innovative in the crypto space?
Activity: 795
Merit: 514

And the volume is real, but I'm certain XMR is being heavily manipulated by a few whales...

Let's face it...
With major corporations about to start rolling out well financed Gen 3.0 crypto.

Nobody is forcing you to like Monero. But where's the evidence of it being a hoax or scam? I'm still waiting for this thread to live up to it's title. Come on, guys, where's the proof?
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Let's face it...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
LULZ ok I just read all 5 pages

I have been invested in monero since it was on the original crypto note exchange, before Busoni ever even heard of it, and I was making small purchases off the OTC forum, before the crypto note exchange was even open. My point is I have been with monero literally since day 1.

I will admit, first I was slightly alarmed by the title of this thread, but then once I started reading, I realized it is easy to see everything on here is complete bullshit paid for bytecoin devs who are (understandably) extremely butthurt about what happened. Bytecoin devs, I can understand how shitty you must feel, especially now that since average daily BCN volume is less than $100 and it is becoming exponentially difficult to dump your premine on unsuspecting users, which means your funding is withering away faster than Bytecoin itself. Let me remind you how few people have ever even heard of BCN...very few.

With that said, there is no such thing as bad publicity. As a matter of fact, I encourage further shilling/trolling from you folks, because a thread designed to hurt monero, such as this one, would surely be the best source for negative information regarding it, and if this is the best you guys can come up with, monero is doing even better than I thought. Lots of people are going to come here, and read this, and say "Really? THIS is why they think monero is a scam? BUY BUY!"

Keep up the good work fellas. 

Activity: 294
We know hes a scammer and he has nothing todo with xmr, jojo didn´t know him.
But the Bytecoin scammers are so busy with their own scam they don´t notice the other real scammers here and they think we are so stupid that quoting other scammers helps them.

Meanwhile in Bytecoin land: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bytecoin-bcn/#markets

Volume (24h)
$ 70

No wonder they are sad.

holy shit that was hilarious

I definitely got some lulz out of this post

+1 to this user
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2dum4r/i_am_a_new_york_city_psychiatrist_who_accepts/

For example....and here are also people who accept it...

If you need some help on how to use google, its btw. called a  "searchengine" if you are unfamilar with such it techniques, i can help you, my grandma also knows how to use it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8527211

What a joke. There are, constantly 4 Monero threads in the top 2 pages at all times. Constantly rotated 24/7. That doesn't include all the other non XMR threads that are spammed constantly by the shills. Oh Yes! It is undoubtedly organised!

You are the idiot holding the thread up with your bullshit comments, congratulations you found out how forum software works.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
Dead thread, all points easily disproved above. Move along people.

Monero is the most well-organized pump job I've ever seen. Not only do they have an army of devs and paid fanboys spamming monero 24/7 but they also have the backing on an entire EXCHANGE to help coordinate and strengthen their pumps! (Poloniex, if there was any question).

Monero represents the essence of greed and stupidity in the crypto community and although it is one of the more sophisticated scams / Ponzi schemes I have encountered here, it is still a scam / Ponzi nontheless.

THINK ABOUT IT: Does ANYBODY care about Monero except for the flaming fanboys and Poloniex? NO!!!

- NO real-world application
 - NO desire to integrate into day-to-day finances
 - NO long-term plan or evidence the dev team plans on being around even more than 1 year from now.

Evidence, please. Have you even read their Missives? Your "arguments" seem to be approaching the level of a Gish gallop:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

How can I provide evidence of something that doesn't exist? The burden of proof is on you to come up with examples of real-world application for Monero because I can't find any.

There are hundreds of other coins out there that do the exact same things Monero does. Its just that the monero devs were richer kiddies than most others.

Honestly ask yourself, can you ever see somebody like Warren Buffet actively recommending a coin with a name like "Monero" to his newsletter-readers? Do you honestly see any merchants adopting Monero the same way they are beginning to adopt BTC and LTC?

NO! The answer is NO! No credible merchants will ever accept Monero because its just another bland, faceless shitcoin, centered around a cult of personality.

Monero was only built for 1 thing - to trick rich kids out of their money. The name, the neverending cheeseball pumpjob, the foaming-at-the-mouth fanboyism, the collusion with major exchanges to promote themselves, its all smoke and mirrors. It will never amount to anything useful for 99.9999999% of the planet earth.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
None of you have anything to say, you attack the poster or divert attention from points of view to ensure threads become petty.

You can't defend Monero at all.
There is certainly no organized scam, very little hype, and nothing of substance to attack, so of necessity the attacks lack substance.

What a joke. There are, constantly 4 Monero threads in the top 2 pages at all times. Constantly rotated 24/7. That doesn't include all the other non XMR threads that are spammed constantly by the shills. Oh Yes! It is undoubtedly organised!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
Dead thread, all points easily disproved above. Move along people.

Monero is the most well-organized pump job I've ever seen. Not only do they have an army of devs and paid fanboys spamming monero 24/7 but they also have the backing on an entire EXCHANGE to help coordinate and strengthen their pumps! (Poloniex, if there was any question).

Monero represents the essence of greed and stupidity in the crypto community and although it is one of the more sophisticated scams / Ponzi schemes I have encountered here, it is still a scam / Ponzi nontheless.

THINK ABOUT IT: Does ANYBODY care about Monero except for the flaming fanboys and Poloniex? NO!!!

- NO real-world application
 - NO desire to integrate into day-to-day finances
 - NO long-term plan or evidence the dev team plans on being around even more than 1 year from now.

Evidence, please. Have you even read their Missives? Your "arguments" seem to be approaching the level of a Gish gallop:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop
Activity: 263
Smooth, your activity counter indicator says 420. Maybe you should heed its advice and take a break from the flies.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
None of you have anything to say, you attack the poster or divert attention from points of view to ensure threads become petty.

There is nothing to "defend" here, just a bunch of baseless insults from people who for whatever reason don't like the coin or the project.

There is certainly no organized scam, very little hype, and nothing of substance to attack, so of necessity the attacks lack substance. I see no way to defend against that (nor any purpose to doing so) other than to continue stating the facts as I see them.

Activity: 532
Why would you speculate with that when miners don´t even keep their coins because they don´t believe in its future of it, just to quote yourself.

Of course my replies are silly because you are the top 10 list of most stupid bitcointalk users, there's nothing clever one can reply to your bullshit.
All of your bullshit has been answered already 100x times and no one here will repeat it for you given that you are too stupid and arrogant to understand it anyway.
Activity: 644

Activity: 644
well if miners are dumping to break even, then they clearly don't see a future for this coin.

Thanks for the perfect description of the Litecoin ASIC mining scene.

Honestly, your replies are silly, especially given i don't have an interest in LTC beyond speculating on it at this low price.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
why mine to break even?

There are a number of coins that will make you a small profit, so I don't buy your story, especially given the hype surrounding Monero. it should not be mined and dumped if miners can mine it at slightly under trade price.

How about because I didn't say they break even? Try reading.

given that the mining is close to break even most miners have to sell to pay their expenses

Furthermore most miners who are only mining at a small profit are going to be selling at least most of whatever coin they mine, especially if they are doing it at any kind of scale and have bills to pay.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I'm involved in this coin from week 2 and can honestly say that those accusations are just FUD.
I will not even bother to reply anymore in this thread...
Pages:
Jump to: