Pages:
Author

Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam - page 4. (Read 69408 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
You are kind of right only in the sense that XMR is thanks to RingCT the best crypto in the world, and the industry-leading 100% fungibility thereby created makes Monero the "altcoin for people who hate altcoins."

However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it. We can speak about how XMR is cool but most of the people do not need any features of it. They need fast and secure transactions. Businesses that are responsible for mass adoption of crypto will NEVER accept XMR except deep web. 

Monero is fast.  2 minute minute blocks and flexible block size limit.  Payment channels Soon.

I said "100% fungibility."  You are the only one who brought up "anonymous."  Do you understand they are distinct concepts, despite overlapping?

You underestimate the utility of and demand for fungible digital cash.  And privacy is not just about kids buying dank nugs online.

http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1967/what-is-fungibility-and-why-does-it-matter

http://www.ted.com/talks/alessandro_acquisti_why_privacy_matters

http://www.ted.com/talks/glenn_greenwald_why_privacy_matters

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140113044954-2259773-10-reasons-why-privacy-matters
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
When will you publicly ask for forgiveness?
Are you brave enough to admit you were wrong all the way?

You must be sitting on a huge bag of bytecoin, aren't you  Grin

Hahahahah

Well well well you know something!
I only have a few BCN and I've bought them! After I found out about XMR and after I've bought them I found out they were before XMR!

And YES I still keep them!
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
When will you publicly ask for forgiveness?
Are you brave enough to admit you were wrong all the way?

You must be sitting on a huge bag of bytecoin, aren't you  Grin

Activity: 770
Merit: 629
However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it.

This is absolutely right.  And for those users, there is.... fiat.  There's no reason to get involved in anything crypto, if it is to be centralized, nominative, and entirely law abiding.  Because fiat, which is centralized, nominative, an law abiding is WAAAY better in these aspects, no hassle with wallets, secret keys, fluctuating prices, full blocks, pumps and dumps, fees, and all that.  A credit card is way, way way more practical if it can be centralized and nominative than any crypto out there ever will.

And note that fiat is more private than bitcoin.  Only your banker knows.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
You are kind of right only in the sense that XMR is thanks to RingCT the best crypto in the world, and the industry-leading 100% fungibility thereby created makes Monero the "altcoin for people who hate altcoins."

However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it. We can speak about how XMR is cool but most of the people do not need any features of it. They need fast and secure transactions. Businesses that are responsible for mass adoption of crypto will NEVER accept XMR except deep web. 

That's not true. I can't think of a company that wants its payroll or r&d budget public knowledge.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Cry Monero speak like is the best crypto in the world creating FUD and accusing of scam for all others altcoins in the world  Cry  Cry

Why are you telling such ridiculous lies?  Are you really such an idiot that you don't understand the difference between "FUD" and justifiably calling out frauds like Dash/OneCoin/PayCoin/Maidsafe/Nautilus/Vcash?

You exaggerate to the point of falsehood when you moan and cry using such self-indulgent, easily disprovable universal claims about "all other altcoins in the world."  EG, when have Monero people even *MENTIONED* much less accused of scam SIA, or STORJ, or Primecoin, or Peercoin?  That's right, we NEVER HAVE.

Please, be more overwrought and weepy and indignant if such a thing is even possible.  It's really funny to watch you work yourself up into such a hyper-dramatic self-righteous froth over blatantly false accusations.

Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Interesting discussion. I have always noticed something weird with Monero. They speak like is the best crypto in the world creating FUD and accusing of scam for all others altcoins in the world with only exception of the coins developed by their affiliated, and when you check the code after so much time progress are embarrassing, years of development and no significant improvement with wallet still unstable and with code that seems written by some amateur nerd teenager. It's a pity that there is so much silence from original Cryptonote\Bytecoin developers and doubt about its future, they are clearly on a different league in terms of skills and ability to continue to develop code compared to the Monero noisy copy\pasters.

Can you please provide examples of the copy and pasting into the Monero codebase?

Everyone know Monero story and Cryptonote based coins ecosystem know that Monero was a Bytecoin (BCN) fork, not an original developed altcoin. After they forked Bytecoin with a little edit to the core code they started a massive campaign to accuse all other Cryptonote based coin of scam advertising Monero very aggressively in main cryptocurrency communities especially here (digit "random anoncoin or cryptonote based crypto" and you will find a Monero user screaming "scam" and other FUD bullshit to discredit it).

Ok, so no examples are given, thought that would be pretty simple to show since you say there's no significant improvement....

anywayz, second question:
Can you show some proof of monero-users accusing other coins of being a scam when they aren't scams?

thanks in advance

edit: just wanted to save you some effort, here's the proof that bytecoin is a premined scam: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blowing-the-lid-off-the-cryptonotebytecoin-scam-with-the-exception-of-monero-740112
Let me know if you have some examples of monero-users calling other coins scams when the are not!

You can check Github account and do your research. Pretty ridiculous ask to proof that is a copy-paste when Monero is a fork(... do you know what fork mean?).

Bytecoin has a large premine or a too high mining reward in the first phase that is sure, but I you shouldn't deserve a fuck if you can get large amount of its supply at hilarious low price when to mine some satoshi of what you suppose is "fair" if you don't have free electric power and monster rigs you are forced to buy them from botnet mining mobster at very high prices from some whale, that make even more difficult an equilibrate distribution of the supply. Scam??? The only scam if try to convince that clone is legit when the original is a scam. With 5 dollars you can buy a gazillion of Bytecoin units... how many Monero you can mine with the same price? This not mentioning how many BCN have been distributed freely with faucets.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
Interesting discussion. I have always noticed something weird with Monero. They speak like is the best crypto in the world creating FUD and accusing of scam for all others altcoins in the world with only exception of the coins developed by their affiliated, and when you check the code after so much time progress are embarrassing, years of development and no significant improvement with wallet still unstable and with code that seems written by some amateur nerd teenager. It's a pity that there is so much silence from original Cryptonote\Bytecoin developers and doubt about its future, they are clearly on a different league in terms of skills and ability to continue to develop code compared to the Monero noisy copy\pasters.

Can you please provide examples of the copy and pasting into the Monero codebase?

Everyone know Monero story and Cryptonote based coins ecosystem know that Monero was a Bytecoin (BCN) fork, not an original developed altcoin. After they forked Bytecoin with a little edit to the core code they started a massive campaign to accuse all other Cryptonote based coin of scam advertising Monero very aggressively in main cryptocurrency communities especially here (digit "random anoncoin or cryptonote based crypto" and you will find a Monero user screaming "scam" and other FUD bullshit to discredit it).

Ok, so no examples are given, thought that would be pretty simple to show since you say there's no significant improvement....

anywayz, second question:
Can you show some proof of monero-users accusing other coins of being a scam when they aren't scams?

thanks in advance

edit: just wanted to save you some effort, here's the proof that bytecoin is a premined scam: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blowing-the-lid-off-the-cryptonotebytecoin-scam-with-the-exception-of-monero-740112
Let me know if you have some examples of monero-users calling other coins scams when the are not!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Activity: 33
Merit: 1
There is not one coin out there that has not been called a shitcoin or scam. Now that monero is booming people missed out. Its passing there coins up so now its a scam. When it crosses 1 bil market cap, it wont be a scam anymore. Thats what happened to ethereum.
Activity: 289
Merit: 251
BCX disclosed the security vulnerability in question to the dev's privately.

No he didn't. There was no vulnerability disclosed privately or otherwise, most likely because there was no vulnerability at all, just FUD (or, as I suspect might be the case, someone thought they had found a vulnerability but it was a mistake, and instead of retracting, it continued to be pushed as FUD).

no smooth. i recall a real attack had been carried out by BCX. there are many who have seen the network suffer.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Is this discussion still going or has this thread pivoted to something else?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
BCX disclosed the security vulnerability in question to the dev's privately.

No he didn't. There was no vulnerability disclosed privately or otherwise, most likely because there was no vulnerability at all, just FUD (or, as I suspect might be the case, someone thought they had found a vulnerability but it was a mistake, and instead of retracting, it continued to be pushed as FUD).
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Oh so XMR had a bug did they  Shocked wow and all this time they troll SDC about having a bug  Undecided moral of story: Don't throw stones when you live in glassed housing.

Monero's bug wasn't something that deanonymized every tx that ever used ring sigs on the blockchain, it wasn't even a bug, just a de-optimized miner at launch. Also, there's no official mouthpiece of Monero, people are gonna say whatever they want to say, or throw rocks when they want to - moral of the post: there's no way to stop people from talking shit.

and all someone has to do is to look at poloniex's user history why would they need to deanonimize the code.

or bitcointalks for that matter.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003
if forum posts ip address of every post, people will see those with many accounts
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Correct me if I am wrong but Monero is unable to reach the parity with BTC as long as the inflation of Monero is higher than the inflation of btc. Especially these days as the block reward of BTC is about to drop by 50 %.

I see your 0.0005 target was way off. Missed your chance to buy and now started reviving stupid dead threads?

morneo morneo coming
Pages:
Jump to: