Pages:
Author

Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam - page 5. (Read 69408 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™

This is FUD from almost 2 years ago from notorious scammer BitcoinXpress, nothing ever happened btw...

no idea why this is being posted now?

Just for laughs

Fudders will fud

How would you NOOBS know you were not regged here yet..

Further more "something" did happen.
BCX disclosed the security vulnerability in question to the dev's privately.
And he was threatening i believe because people did not want to believe him..

See how all the shit that rolls out of your dick-holster is wrong ?

Crying FUD while lying at the same time ? That is some impressive Shill talent LOL
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Oh so XMR had a bug did they  Shocked wow and all this time they troll SDC about having a bug  Undecided moral of story: Don't throw stones when you live in glassed housing.

Monero's bug wasn't something that deanonymized every tx that ever used ring sigs on the blockchain, it wasn't even a bug, just a de-optimized miner at launch. Also, there's no official mouthpiece of Monero, people are gonna say whatever they want to say, or throw rocks when they want to - moral of the post: there's no way to stop people from talking shit.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Oh so XMR had a bug did they  Shocked wow and all this time they troll SDC about having a bug  Undecided moral of story: Don't throw stones when you live in glassed housing.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
This is news to me since I've never read anything that is anti-monero before. Guess I will wait till they release their GUI... Undecided

lol
Monero was attacked hard on this forum for last 2 years. It surprisingly slowed down last few months. But on other hand maybe i monitor less.  
People invested in coins that compete Monero and will just write anything. OP was i think from Bytecoin clan. I forgot. This is 2 years old thread and was so much attacks is hard to put everyone in right box.

But yes. Read this thread there is lots of good things written about Monero. It is eassy to counter all the bulshit anyway.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
This is news to me since I've never read anything that is anti-monero before. Guess I will wait till they release their GUI... Undecided
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

So many newbie accounts.

Does that mean once monero has a GUI it will not be shit?

I'll think about it since i'm a newbie  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Funny monero, there's no need to get in this crap coin.
Monero supporters will keep trolling and fudding.  Cheesy .... coins without gui wallet are shit, accept that! or else.....get into other great coins rather than this piece of junk.

So many newbie accounts.

Does that mean once monero has a GUI it will not be shit?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Funny monero, there's no need to get in this crap coin.
Monero supporters will keep trolling and fudding.  Cheesy .... coins without gui wallet are shit, accept that! or else.....get into other great coins rather than this piece of junk.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
net profit: 2700$
I am selling all the XMR i mine, there is many problems with monero
-the transaction fee is insane(one million times higher in $ than XDN) which makes it very expensive to use high mixing number.
-relies on pure PoW for security.
-all wallets suck, you cant even have multiple addresses, garbage.
-no direct XMR to fiat exchange, almost no real world use.
-likely to be out competed by a superior altcoin(not enough network effect).

They are claiming that all other anonymous coins is scams which is bullshit, i does not really like dash but i would not consider it to be a scam. Digitalnote exists that offers a good wallet and the ability to send messages anonymously and will implement PoA.

There is nothing special about monero, it is getting pumped hard now but i doubt it will last, a lot of people are making money shorting it now.
- fee just got lowered with the new release
- bitcoin uses pow, better sell them all now...
- that's always possible, wouldn't say it's likely though, xmr has more network effect already than other anon coins, don't know why you're using this as an argument...

Dash is a proven premined scam btw... Will look up on digitalnote, thanks for the tip.
The last transaction i did(was after the hardfork) costed me 0.01 XMR(0.7XMR, mixing 4) which is 0.1$ or 17000 satoshi, a typical XDN transfer costs 0.001XDN or 0.03 satoshi, having a high hardcoded transaction fee is very stupid.

Of course i know bitcoin uses PoW and this is also a good reason not to invest, the creators of the failed currency neucoin wrote a good paper about the problem with PoW http://www.neucoin.org/en/whitepaper/download XMR has tailed emission but the block reward also decreases more than twice as fast than for BTC.

I have seen the same thing over and ovef again, currencies that only focus on one issue(anonymity, PoS, multiple hashings, etc) tend to fail. Just offering good annonymity is not enough, the currency needs to be good overall and XMR is not a good coin in general.

This is not acceptable: https://labs.mwrinfosecurity.com/advisories/csrf-vulnerability-allows-for-remote-compromise-of-monero-wallets

Dash is not premined, it was instamined in a dirty manner(which sucks) and i dont like it(not elegant enough) but i wouldn't call it a scam, it is still a very popular currency with real world usage.
Activity: 432
Merit: 251

This is FUD from almost 2 years ago from notorious scammer BitcoinXpress, nothing ever happened btw...

Just for laughs

Fudders will fud
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
-the transaction fee is insane(one million times higher in $ than XDN) which makes it very expensive to use high mixing number.

They are claiming that all other anonymous coins is scams which is bullshit, i does not really like dash but i would not consider it to be a scam. Digitalnote exists that offers a good wallet and the ability to send messages anonymously and will implement PoA.

There is nothing special about monero, it is getting pumped hard now but i doubt it will last, a lot of people are making money shorting it now.

- fee just got lowered with the new release
- bitcoin uses pow, better sell them all now...
- GUI is under active development and almost ready...
- yes there is: litebit for example, others will probably add xmr given the volume on polo for the last month...
- that's always possible, wouldn't say it's likely though, xmr has more network effect already than other anon coins, don't know why you're using this as an argument...

Dash is a proven premined scam btw... Will look up on digitalnote, thanks for the tip.

There is something special, it's fungible and it has actual utility now...

best regards,
Activity: 514
Merit: 258

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
The problem with monero is that it is not used much as a currency https://getmonero.org/getting-started/merchants the same thing happened to peercoin, hardly used for anything besides speculation.

It is hardly profitable for me to mine it desipite having 2x r9 290 and it is likely to get even worse as the blockreward continues to decrease, i am afraid the coin will end up in the hands of botnets.

Not used much as a currency? Did you miss all the post where people are talking about buying things with xmr.to? To make it short in that sense every shop that accepts bitcoin also accepts monero.

That was the main marketing innovation I saw from Monero's ecosystem. Even someone used that once to fund me.

It is befitting that Shapeshift.io copied you, given one of the threats Monero used to make when ever I would explain I wanted to work on my own experiments, was they being open source could just copy any thing that was valuable.

Btw, I was pitching the conceptual idea of XMR.to back in 2013 on BCT. It was one of the rebuttals I had for the Bitcoin maximalists. And yet again one of my ideas becomes a blockbuster success. You think I don't have a lot more of those ideas in my back pocket.
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
The problem with monero is that it is not used much as a currency https://getmonero.org/getting-started/merchants the same thing happened to peercoin, hardly used for anything besides speculation.

It is hardly profitable for me to mine it desipite having 2x r9 290 and it is likely to get even worse as the blockreward continues to decrease, i am afraid the coin will end up in the hands of botnets.

Not used much as a currency? Did you miss all the post where people are talking about buying things with xmr.to? To make it short in that sense every shop that accepts bitcoin also accepts monero.
Why are you afraid of that? It is a best case use for a botnet. Securing freedom rather than causing damage. Or is it just for your personal income that will be affected?
I am afraid that the tail emission wont be enough to secure the network, mining might be unprofitable for peoe that have to pay for electricity and then only botnets will mine it. Botnets can be both good and bad, the disadvantage is that mining for ordinary people will be less profitable.

I do think giant asic farms in china mining 70% is a lot worse of course.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Why are you afraid of that? It is a best case use for a botnet. Securing freedom rather than causing damage. Or is it just for your personal income that will be affected?

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Correct me if I am wrong but Monero is unable to reach the parity with BTC as long as the inflation of Monero is higher than the inflation of btc. Especially these days as the block reward of BTC is about to drop by 50 %.

I see your 0.0005 target was way off. Missed your chance to buy and now started reviving stupid dead threads?
Pages:
Jump to: