Pages:
Author

Topic: Usagi: falsifying NAVs, manipulating share prices and misleading investors. - page 30. (Read 92656 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glbse-bitcoin-mining-fund-see-post-2-for-faq-81993

All questions regarding BMF should be posted to the above thread. There are similar threads for NYAN and CPA.

To date I have recieved zero e-mails at [email protected], and zero e-mails at [email protected] requesting information on the company. I do not have time to run around the forums all day and respond to scammer accusations from the same 4-5 people. Post your questions to the above thread or one of the similar threads for NYAN or CPA. I will remain available here if the mods have a question for me but I might not see it for a day or two. Thanks and have a great day.

No offence - but when I asked in the BMF thread ages ago (and also in the CPA one) why BMF wasn't claiming on its insurance policy (and what that policy covered if it wasn't loss of NAV) you refused to answer it.

You then started telling everyone who had comments/questions to post in THIS forum - which we did.

Now we post here you still won't comment on the insurance question here - but now want it posted back in BMF.  That's the ONLY thing I've asked about here.  It's the FIRST thing (I think) I ever asked about your companies (back when I first came across you whilst looking through and evaluating securities).

OK - I'll ask it as a few simple questions in the BMF thread as that's now what you apparently want.  Not that I have any expectation of getting an answer this time either.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
In truth, some of the disclosures from GLBSE securities are better than some developing world stock markets.

But in fact the ones we're discussing aren't in that group, so this'd be a red herring (and yes, ALL GLBSE crud is worse documented than prevailing industry standards for BTC financials).

If you are unhappy with the contract or you think the operations do not conform to the contract then contact GLBSE/nefario.

You've been away the past week or so I take it.

usagi: Five posts in a row? Simmer down will you. Nobody reads that shit anymore anyway.

You know, you guys are beating a dead horse. You've made your point.

no, we've collected evidence in one place in public. To properly make the point we will have to contact the FSA in Japan, and the SEC in the US, and the FSA in the UK.

Usagi securities are not registered and not regulated by any of this bodies.

(FTFY)

Which may of course be the biggest problem when those bodies are contacted.

Certainly, in the US, it's a significant issue to sell securities to unaccredited, non-sophisticated investors (especially unregistered securities) - thus it's a potential issue for and foreign citizen selling securities to US citizens. The US has brass balls when enforcing money regulations. (it's illegal to sell securities to non-sophisticated investors because a fraudulent issuer could present a rosy picture, much as usagi has, and coerce more money out of non-sophisticated investors than they can actually afford to lose....i.e. the old man's life savings)

Also, just because a security is unregistered doesn't mean it's unregulated.

Furthermore they are the bodies in those countries that investigate securities fraud, which is what I certainly suspect is going on here. It's not like those agencies will not investigate suspected securities fraud simply because the security wasn't registered. Just because it's bitcoin, not dollars or yen, doesn't mean they won't investigate either. The SEC doesn't care if investments are denominated in USD, EUR, JPY, coal, gold, or bitcoins. Investments are investments; the definition of "security" is quite broad.

So you are willing to purchase unregistered securities but when you don't get your way then you will contact the State?  Seems hypocritical.  Remember, anyone that promoted any of the securities on GLBSE is technically doing something potentially against regulation.  If you kick a hornets nest, don't be surprised if it stings you too.  If you want to buy securities with disclosure rules then go buy stock from the NYSE or NASDAQ.  In truth, some of the disclosures from GLBSE securities are better than some developing world stock markets.

If you are unhappy with the contract or you think the operations do not conform to the contract then contact GLBSE/nefario.

All investments come with risks. Deal with it.

Those risks should not include the assets issuer falsifying valuations, manipulating prices, and siphoning off funds.

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
All investments come with risks. Deal with it.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026

no, we've collected evidence in one place in public. To properly make the point we will have to contact the FSA in Japan, and the SEC in the US, and the FSA in the UK.

(FTFY)

Certainly, in the US, it's a significant issue to sell securities to unaccredited, non-sophisticated investors (especially unregistered securities) - thus it's a potential issue for and foreign citizen selling securities to US citizens. The US has brass balls when enforcing money regulations. (it's illegal to sell securities to non-sophisticated investors because a fraudulent issuer could present a rosy picture, much as usagi has, and coerce more money out of non-sophisticated investors than they can actually afford to lose....i.e. the old man's life savings)

Furthermore they are the bodies in those countries that investigate securities fraud, which is what I certainly suspect is going on here. It's not like those agencies will not investigate suspected securities fraud simply because the security wasn't registered. Just because it's bitcoin, not dollars or yen, doesn't mean they won't investigate either. The SEC doesn't care if investments are denominated in USD, EUR, JPY, coal, gold, or bitcoins. Investments are investments; the definition of "security" is quite broad.

Agreed.  I think there is a shitstorm coming.

The question will also come up as to whether these things being traded on the exchanges are securities or not.  Both possible answers are potentially very bad.  If they are securities, everyone could be in big trouble for violations of securities laws.  If they are not securities, everyone could be in big trouble for selling them as securities (aka fraud).

(FTFY)

vip
Merit: 503

The more evidence I see, the more convinced I am that usagi is not incompetent but is acting with the criminal intent to steal funds from investors

When I first met usagi, I thought it was an idiot. When it made CPA, I was pretty sure it was a crook. Now that we're starting to look more deeply into the books, I'm quite certain that usagi is a crook.

1. Manipulating held asset value
2. Mind-bogglingly stupid investment decisions that are likely obfuscated attempts to inject funds into the multi-headed ponzi scheme being run
3. Hiding losses through manipulated asset value
4. Double dealing (the BMF-CPA contract is probably criminal in most jurisdictions)
5. Attempts to silence critics - the volume and hysteria has grown the closer to the truth people investigating usagi have gotten.
6. misrepresenting physical asset value
7. apparently representing expenses as assets
8. Has silently defaulted on contracts between its own companies. Apparently failed to notify shareholders of both companies the default.
9. Apparently manipulating shareholder motion votes
10. Manipulation of share prices

Add this to the red flags in usagi's actual behaviour, and you have a classic cornered criminal.
vip
LOL at augustocroppo's deep thoughts. Smiley

Enough Said  Kiss

I am still waiting to you answer the questions. If you refuse to answer the questions, I will assume you are only trying to defame Usagi.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
LOL at augustocroppo's deep thoughts. Smiley

Enough Said  Kiss

legendary
You already publicly paid him 10,000 shares of MPOE.ETF. It's already public knowledge you have paid eskimobob to troll me as well.

Let the record show, he's making the offer in public this time.

One more time, scammer usagi, THIS NOT A PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. It can not be, because nobody has paid me a penny.
Only person, who has ever approached me with something as disgusting as this, is YOU usagi (aka Oliver Richman or what ever you name is)
So, you better stop that crap.

vip
I know, this is just a minor fuck up but why not include it here:

If it is minor and you are posting, you have a reason.

BMF sohow the following hardware at the top of the holdings-nav page

Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   2
BitForce Jalapeno 4.5 GH/s   2
BitForce 'SC' Single 60 GH/s   1

HARDWARE TRACKING

Item   Order No.      Order Date      Arrival Date
Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   #7650      Sep. 10, 2012      -
BitForce Jalapeno 3.5 GH/s   #7839      Sep. 11, 2012      -
BitForce 'SC' Single 40 GH/s   #7971      Sep. 13, 2012      -
Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   #8665      Sep. 19, 2012      -
Bitforce Jalapeno 3.5 GH/s   #8670      Sep. 19, 2012      -

What lead you to believe that the both bold items should be the exactly same items?

http://tsukino.ca/bmf/
You have to love that on the front page BMF: Over 41% ROI since inception

Reality is (from assbot)
BMF [1@1BTC]
paid: 0.10822932 BTC.
Last price: 0.501 BTC.
Capital gain: -0.499 BTC.
Total: -0.39077068 BTC. (-39.1%)

"assbot"?

Do you think the result from a IRC script calculator is evidence for what exactly?

http://tsukino.ca/bmf/2012/09/19/bmf-41-since-inception/

Sep 2012
Announcements
BMF: Over 41% ROI since inception

On another note, I was just examining the historical prices of BMF. On June 1st, 2012, Mt. Gox USD was $5.16 per bitcoin. We had 1035 shares outstanding at the time. From these humble beginnings we now have over 5,000 outstanding shares, and at current prices BMF is now worth $5.73 per share! This is an annualized, real return on investment of 41% not including dividends paid! — WOW! — Essentially, the reason why mining bonds have deprecated in BTC is because the exchange rate has gone up.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/returnoninvestment.asp#ixzz27yAldS00

Investopedia explains 'Return On Investment - ROI'

Keep in mind that the calculation for return on investment and, therefore the definition, can be modified to suit the situation -it all depends on what you include as returns and costs. The definition of the term in the broadest sense just attempts to measure the profitability of an investment and, as such, there is no one "right" calculation.

For example, a marketer may compare two different products by dividing the gross profit that each product has generated by its respective marketing expenses. A financial analyst, however, may compare the same two products using an entirely different ROI calculation, perhaps by dividing the net income of an investment by the total value of all resources that have been employed to make and sell the product.

This flexibility has a downside, as ROI calculations can be easily manipulated to suit the user's purposes, and the result can be expressed in many different ways. When using this metric, make sure you understand what inputs are being used.

legendary
I know, this is just a minor fuck up but why not include it here:

BMF sohow the following hardware at the top of the holdings-nav page

Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   2
BitForce Jalapeno 4.5 GH/s   2
BitForce 'SC' Single 60 GH/s   1

HARDWARE TRACKING

Item   Order No.      Order Date      Arrival Date
Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   #7650      Sep. 10, 2012      -
BitForce Jalapeno 3.5 GH/s   #7839      Sep. 11, 2012      -
BitForce 'SC' Single 40 GH/s   #7971      Sep. 13, 2012      -
Bitforce Single 832 MH/s   #8665      Sep. 19, 2012      -
Bitforce Jalapeno 3.5 GH/s   #8670      Sep. 19, 2012      -

http://tsukino.ca/bmf/
You have to love that on the front page BMF: Over 41% ROI since inception

Reality is (from assbot)
BMF [1@1BTC]
paid: 0.10822932 BTC.
Last price: 0.501 BTC.
Capital gain: -0.499 BTC.
Total: -0.39077068 BTC. (-39.1%)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
While no proof or even evidence of scamming, I did a quick back-of-envelope calculation to get an idea of the size of this unfolding trainwreck. Im ignoring YARR here, I havent read up on that yet.

IPO revenue:

CPA  46423 shares x 0.1 = 4642
BMF 5147 shares (x1)
Nyan.A  1606 bonds (x1)
Nyan.B  2263 bonds (x1)
Nyan.C 3565 bonds (x1)

Total collected from investors: 17,223 BTC

How much value of that is left?
Paid out in dividends
CPA  178
BMF 418
Nyan.A  112
Nyan.B  280
Nyan.C  302

Total dividends: 1,290

If we unrealistically assume all usagi's assets can actually be sold at current highest bids and multiply that by oustanding shares/bonds, I get the following remaining  market cap:

CPA  1666
BMF 2511
Nyan.A  959
Nyan.B  1543
Nyan.C  399

Total market cap: 7,078

Total loss = 17,223 -(1,290+7,078) = 8,855 BTC.

Thats how much your "financial friend for life" has lost for its investors so far at the very minimum.

As I already said, it is unfair to include NYAN.C, as those investors were practically begging to have their money wasted.
And usagi will of course argue its your fault if his companies have prices so low... well, the real value of the companies might be in fact less than their spot price, but that's a horse of a different colour Wink
Merit: 522
While no proof or even evidence of scamming, I did a quick back-of-envelope calculation to get an idea of the size of this unfolding trainwreck. Im ignoring YARR here, I havent read up on that yet.

IPO revenue:

BMF 5147 shares (x1)
Nyan.A  1606 bonds (x1)
Nyan.B  2263 bonds (x1)
Nyan.C 3565 bonds (x1)

Paid out in dividends
CPA  178
BMF 418
Nyan.A  112
Nyan.B  280
Nyan.C  302

If we unrealistically assume all usagi's assets can actually be sold at current highest bids and multiply that by oustanding shares/bonds, I get the following remaining  market cap:

CPA  1666
BMF 2511
Nyan.A  959
Nyan.B  1543
Nyan.C  399

Thats how much your "financial friend for life" has lost for its investors so far at the very minimum.

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

IPO revenue:

BMF 5147 shares (x1)
Nyan.A  1606 bonds (x1)
Nyan.B  2263 bonds (x1)
Nyan.C 3565 bonds (x1)

Paid out in dividends
CPA  178
BMF 418
Nyan.A  112
Nyan.B  280
Nyan.C  302

CPA  1666
BMF 2511
Nyan.A  959
Nyan.B  1543
Nyan.C  399

Activity: 686
Merit: 564
I think we can add "hiding the evidence" and "trying to extort investors into harassing the forum moderators to get his critics banned" to that:

Fine.

You asked for it, you really did. No more weekly letters to shareholders. No more updating online spreadsheets. I remain here to answer your e-mail. But I will only speak to shareholders, potential investors, or forum mods in PM (or when requested in public). You must obtain a signed letter of holding from Nefario as a shareholder, or pay a deposit into escrow if you are a potential investor. I really do not care if you decide not to invest with me as a result of this decision. If you are so lazy that you cannot be bothered to contact me then I do not want you as an investor of NYAN. Game over, trolls. I win.

(Of course, NYAN will continue to publish a spreadsheet, once a week or when dividends are paid. Enjoy.)

I will reverse this decision when Puppet, Deprived and EskimoBob are either banned from the forums, or recieve a scammer tag. If you wish this to happen, please petition against them in the Scam Accusations forum. Have a nice day. MPOE-PR should also probably be banned.

Surely that goes beyond mere scammer-tag territory?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Because this has now been going on for weeks. Initially I would just link a motion or link a letter to shareholders but puppet, deprived et. al. woudl just ignore it and repeat their claims or come up with new claims. They really are assholes, and they really are stupid.

Your shareholders don't like it when you get all personal and start biting at flamebait. If what "puppet deprived et al" says is false, then flamebait is all it is right? Unless there's something to it.
Pages:
Jump to: