Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 38. (Read 251008 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 07:51:16 PM
Reggie Middleton is conducting a live stream right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqrC2RFQC6k&feature=em-lbcastemail
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
December 28, 2017, 04:16:10 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before but what is Reggie planning to do with the unsold remaining tokens? Im loving this project and all the progress that has been made.

As far as I can remember it will be used for testing and gradually sold off to large corporate entities, wealthy families, etc. that will actively use the software. A portion will also be used for marketing and to compensate VERI staff.

To be exact: "Research and Development 30%; Sales, Marketing, Business Development:30%; Operations: 13%; Legal: 10%; Reserves: 10%; DAO liquidity provisions: 7%" (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5WJsM3KjltOGJHYS1HT3Uyczg/view)

So basically any unsold token can be dumped into market as it isnt in escrow?

Strictly speaking yes, but they will not just dump tokens as that will crash the price if not backed by increased usage of the software and/or an increased demand for VERI tokens. Any additional tokens released into the market will most likely come with users who will use the software - the more users who use the software, the better, especially large families and corporates. It will increase the value of all tokens. It is called the network effect.

You will see from the circulating supply here that Veritaseum is not releasing tokens onto the market in a reckless manner: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/veritaseum/

You must remember that VERI tokens make it possible to use the software (and to buy research reports). It can be compared to the licenses Microsoft issues to users who intend to use their software. It is not something that should be frown upon when the company that develops the software has control over the bulk of the supply.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
December 28, 2017, 04:12:10 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before but what is Reggie planning to do with the unsold remaining tokens? Im loving this project and all the progress that has been made.

As far as I can remember it will be used for testing and gradually sold off to large corporate entities, wealthy families, etc. that will actively use the software. A portion will also be used for marketing and to compensate VERI staff.

To be exact: "Research and Development 30%; Sales, Marketing, Business Development:30%; Operations: 13%; Legal: 10%; Reserves: 10%; DAO liquidity provisions: 7%" (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5WJsM3KjltOGJHYS1HT3Uyczg/view)

The tokens are our product, which we sell for profit. There is no "market" to dump them in from my perspective, for there is no common pool of earnings that will be diluted by the issuance of new tokens. As long as the tokens sold (or even given) are being put to active, productive use, the value of the tokens increase as per Metcalfe's law and the network effect. You seem to be confusing our prepaid fees with stocks.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
December 28, 2017, 04:09:13 PM
HI,

how do I  download the rental app?
I've tried downloading from your website and blog and keep receiving this
ipfs resolve -r /ipns/Qmf2AieNkV9V9TPNCFvdfC1VJk1G7UJG52mvbJ7hRbnor9: Could not resolve name.

There seems to be an error with the download link. I've notified Reggie. Hopefully they will respond and fix it soon.
The standalone rental app is no longer available since the full suite is now in private beta. It will be in public beta early January"-ish".
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 03:57:15 PM

December 28, 2017, 03:30:55 PM
HI,

ipfs resolve -r /ipns/Qmf2AieNkV9V9TPNCFvdfC1VJk1G7UJG52mvbJ7hRbnor9: Could not resolve name.

There seems to be an error with the download link. I've notified Reggie. Hopefully they will respond and fix it soon.
Activity: 54
December 28, 2017, 03:19:59 PM
HI,

December 28, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Activity: 4
December 28, 2017, 02:35:09 PM
December 27, 2017, 06:02:55 PM
VERI is now 0.50ETH, it's all time high was 1/1 last summer, VERI will see $800 by end of january...

it makes me sad, because I already sell at a cheaper price than the current price

Don't be too hard on yourself. Even I, a die-hard VERI supporter, has sold some at a lower price in order to re-balance my portfolio (which has since then done better than VERI alone).

If you're out completely and regret it - it is probably best to buy some now, hold onto it and look forward. If the VERI team succeeds (of which I personally have no doubt) - their success and your VERI holdings will eat into your regret until there is no regret left, only happiness. I mean, if VERI goes to where Clif High for one predicts it will go - on par with Bitcoin in terms of price ($18000+) some time next year, then VERI is extremely cheap - even at current price levels ($291.11 - $364.36). Given recent developments, it should be clear that Reggie and team are making huge inroads.
Activity: 20
December 27, 2017, 02:24:55 PM
Amazing, when the price of most coins dropped precisely the price of VERI continues to rise and has now reached $ 322, one of the most expensive coins.
Well, how much would you pay for access to a platform that allows you to outperform the price of Bitcoin? The sky is the limit...

Access to the research portfolio is only the tip of the iceberg. The point of VERI is that virtualy any asset can be Veritized and exchanged the same way.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
December 27, 2017, 01:21:56 PM
Amazing, when the price of most coins dropped precisely the price of VERI continues to rise and has now reached $ 322, one of the most expensive coins.
Well, how much would you pay for access to a platform that allows you to outperform the price of Bitcoin? The sky is the limit...
Activity: 22
December 27, 2017, 11:33:21 AM

Price means nothing, u should use Mktcap: VERI is 46th, still a long way to run!
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
December 27, 2017, 10:17:51 AM
Activity: 20
December 26, 2017, 09:17:57 PM
Veritaseum P2P Capital Markets Ready for Beta. See DEMO

Explanation of VeADIR's ability to "Veritize" a multitude of diverse assets, not only Ethereum ERC20-based assets (existing digital tokens, in plain English). Note the silver, gold, real estate, BTC & Monero exposure available through VeADIR, on blockchain  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dc27u8ilk0&feature=youtu.be&t=7m
I'm concerned whether this application will gain regulatory approval. Didn't his previous attempt at this ultracoin fail to gain regulatory approval? VeADIR's so revolutionary the established markets may try to block it.

It's a risk associated with virtually all crypto projects. I love Reggie's current strategy of focusing on smaller markets like Jamaica (he also mentioned some African nations). Those countries have fewer vested interests and may be more open to market innovation. If he can be successful there the sky is the limit because other countries will follow. Emerging markets countries are desperately looking for an edge in the fight for growth, Reggie has tools to offer them.

Either way, I think ultimately VERI is so powerful that it will steamroll all obstacles and find ways to succeed.

By the way, this is what Cliff High said on twitter about the VERI beta:
"Participating in the private beta Veritaseum! Very well crafted. Easy to use, nice MetaMask inter-tie. Good integration into blockchain explorers. Smooth operation, quick response. Expandable. nicely configure-able. Nice UX.

FUD shovelers can sit on it and spin
!"

Grin
December 26, 2017, 06:15:57 PM
What is the ICO going to start or has it still ended ready. I see veritaseum reaching 3x.

lol that was in May '17
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
December 26, 2017, 03:31:16 PM
What is the ICO going to start or has it still ended ready. I see veritaseum reaching 3x.
December 26, 2017, 02:13:28 PM

Explanation of VeADIR's ability to "Veritize" a multitude of diverse assets, not only Ethereum ERC20-based assets (existing digital tokens, in plain English). Note the silver, gold, real estate, BTC & Monero exposure available through VeADIR, on blockchain  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dc27u8ilk0&feature=youtu.be&t=7m
I'm concerned whether this application will gain regulatory approval. Didn't his previous attempt at this ultracoin fail to gain regulatory approval? VeADIR's so revolutionary the established markets may try to block it.

don't worry, Reggie has good political connections (obama)  Wink
Activity: 11
December 26, 2017, 12:28:21 PM

Explanation of VeADIR's ability to "Veritize" a multitude of diverse assets, not only Ethereum ERC20-based assets (existing digital tokens, in plain English). Note the silver, gold, real estate, BTC & Monero exposure available through VeADIR, on blockchain  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dc27u8ilk0&feature=youtu.be&t=7m
Pages:
Jump to: