Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 127. (Read 415431 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
https://pool.verters.com died from too much happiness  Cool

think it is run by this clown operator (I am kidding really take a joke) @TheCoinFinder
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

The diff adjustment code... why have you changed to using whole numbers rather than powers?

The diff1 mask here seems to be 25 target_bits so that's presumably 2**25... just curious?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hi!

Please add my pool to OP: http://aikapool.com/vtc

Only our pool has the page of overall balance on all coins with courses.

Thanks!

Done Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
committed, I changed the integer type for the target and forgot about it... sorry about that.
should work now

here the windows binaries with latest version: http://ge.tt/5zIW3972/v/0?c

I'm having trouble opening that url... Could you post a full url or other domain altogether ?
any preference ? (I like this site, because it doesn't take hours to upload... even though it isn't fast per se)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
committed, I changed the integer type for the target and forgot about it... sorry about that.
should work now

here the windows binaries with latest version: http://ge.tt/5zIW3972/v/0?c

I'm having trouble opening that url... Could you post a full url or other domain altogether ?
legendary
Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000
djm34, what version(s) of Compute are supported by the Windows ccminer you've compiled?
I'm seeing hashrates that are too fast and I've seen comments suggesting this is because the ccminer version isn't supporting the compute version I have.
currently compute 3.0 to 5.2 (I don't think there will be support for older version... would require to strip most of the algo of ccminer)

Thanks for the reply. I have an old card (compute 1.2) and I figured that was the reason. Oh well, onto newer/more modern GPUs!
may-be you can ask KBomba on ccminer #irc, I think he already done something like that for x11.

Also, I have updated my github with a better tuning of lyra2 algo, this allows a gain of about 100kh on the 9xx (il also affect 750ti, however I don't remember how much

+10% on 750Ti,

djm, thanks for your "KopiemTu ready" mods
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
hi if anyone tell me this works on ATI 5850 ?

i cannot get this works on my ATI 5850 !

it's working..
300khs..

Hi help i am using windows 7 32bit 4gb ram 5x sapphire 5850s

Driver 14.4

i have download the AMT/ATI x86 sgminer but i cannot get the miner to works ! anyone please help me i will give some tips !

Done found out the problem !

Done but i found out there is some problem on lyra2re sgminer if you are running different series of the ATI cards the mining hash will not run properly

for me i am 3x 5850 and 2x 7850 the hasrate run only 30-40khs on each cards !
legendary
djm34, what version(s) of Compute are supported by the Windows ccminer you've compiled?
I'm seeing hashrates that are too fast and I've seen comments suggesting this is because the ccminer version isn't supporting the compute version I have.
currently compute 3.0 to 5.2 (I don't think there will be support for older version... would require to strip most of the algo of ccminer)

Thanks for the reply. I have an old card (compute 1.2) and I figured that was the reason. Oh well, onto newer/more modern GPUs!
may-be you can ask KBomba on ccminer #irc, I think he already done something like that for x11.

Also, I have updated my github with a better tuning of lyra2 algo, this allows a gain of about 100kh on the 9xx (il also affect 750ti, however I don't remember how much
Activity: 14

legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 500
AikaPool admin
Hi!

Please add my pool to OP: http://aikapool.com/vtc

Only our pool has the page of overall balance on all coins with courses.

Thanks!
Activity: 14
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
new kernel for the version in github/djm34 http://ge.tt/41D9Y872/v/0?c
(it should work with metallicjames is you use in lyra2RE.cl the blake256 code of metallicjames version.

current hashrate on my 290x at 1030/1250 with -g2 -I20 -w64   1.46MH/s (average after stabilization) was 1.32MH/s before

donation welcomed: VyF9fXUSt5iZH6GuA8WvUw4NrVhcybMiLA
(even though it was a paid job... vtc has fall off) so please makes updating the code worthy...

please also report problems as well as your speed (I can't reach the 1500MH mem clock... so I am a little curious)

trying it right now temporarily redirected mining rig towards BBR dues to their bootrstrap nodes fault and subsequently difficulty level halving in matter of hours (this advantage I have 0 problem with, one moves fast reacts fast)

BBR since recovered . let me try this kernel.. if anything curiosity as I like software engineering in general

will report Nvidia 750 hash rate was 620 MH/s with factory setting (Unix wont allow you to change it and there is no way I will do Windows for anything, especially security wise..  Cool

brb it will take few minutes

cheers

Flash the BIOS, I do that on unix to change clocks/voltages.
legendary
@TheCoinFinder others , anyone knows why on pool https://pool.verters.com block time find has extended to over one hour ?

thanks

update... back .. it was just this one block.. believe back on track , hopefully

must have been really really bad luck

Yes, it happens. Same as sometimes we get two blocks within a minute or so.

yeah no problem at all, since its a new algo its just being cautious, thanks for running your pool btw

"bad luck" blocks must be causing havoc in the multipools ops as they don't know if it is caused by high difficulty or bad luck  Cool

it is great to see ASICs and fpga's taken out of equation. LTCGear must have some unhappy customers (LTCGear share farm explicitly targeted Scrypt-N and contracts are not short either, I am always worry about shared pools because of exactly what just happened.. with VERT shifting to lyra2)

so far so good had 2 SIGINT exceptions.. btw another tip if on Unix use supervisord so the mining software restarts automatically on critical faults
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
@TheCoinFinder others , anyone knows why on pool https://pool.verters.com block time find has extended to over one hour ?

thanks

update... back .. it was just this one block.. believe back on track , hopefully

Yes, it happens. Same as sometimes we get two blocks within a minute or so.

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
MMM EXTRA - THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS THE GOAL
hi if anyone tell me this works on ATI 5850 ?

i cannot get this works on my ATI 5850 !

it's working..
300khs..

Hi help i am using windows 7 32bit 4gb ram 5x sapphire 5850s

Driver 14.4

i have download the AMT/ATI x86 sgminer but i cannot get the miner to works ! anyone please help me i will give some tips !

Done found out the problem !
legendary

thanks

Activity: 710
Merit: 502
What hashrate should I expect on Nvidia 780 and how much power does it consume?
don't know... I have a 780ti (OC) and it does ~1600kh/s power consumption is around70%
djm34 question, at that speed, how many watts at the wall does that little beast eats? I will really love to know.

I am about to build some more rigs and will love to know, so far the winner is 750ti, but a 1600Kh on a single card is tempting! Grin but power consumption is the most important thing Smiley
the 780ti is rated 250W so 70% of that is 175W
a 750ti is rated 60W at 55% that's 33W by 3 ~100W (people with watt-meter should confirm though)

It means stay away from the 780ti   Grin (and I am a big fan of the 780ti...)
aha!, the difference seems to be huge, but i trust more on power meters than computers Smiley

780ti it is rated at 250W but it doesn't mean that is what really eats , a lot depend on the algo used, if anyone here has a 780ti and a power meter (kill-a-watt like) plz post results.

I have 5 x 750 Ti (3000 KH total) and using 250 W, which means 45W x 5 + 25W mobo = 250W and that is at the wall, meaning, i didn't take into account power supply losses (80 plus bronze at 30% load) that of course is in lyra2, X11 power go up to 320W total, and scrypt-n was about 440W.

still... it was a long walk from the previous year when we where dealing with over 1000W per rig!, insane!.
Jump to: