Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 125. (Read 415431 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
BTW - anyone interesting check out my BTCtalk footer.

Oh boy could I have some fun with that.

Well I do have the option to say "no" if its something thats a very bad idea... otherwise, its a bit of fun (for now). And who knows.

I was thinking NSFW, not illegal Tongue
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I would just like to remind the devs or whoever is maintaining vertcoin.org that it still shows links to the old vertminer and there is no mention of the new algo on the mining tab of the page.

Maybe a promotional/informational campaign/stunt is in order? since I'm not sure the algo change is popular knowledge outside the vertcoin community.

just my 2 cents

I am in the process of updating the website. I have updated the links to the miner/p2pool etc. I will be pruning broken links and adding a page about Lyra2RE this afternoon.
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Vertcoin need update API after change algo ....
More promo, more info, more interwiew on crypto-sites etc.

high price don't com from space.

yeah, that`s true. where are devs? we need to make a plan and do some promo.

@devs: If you want to do an interview published on our blog please PM me. We can publish some articles about VTC as I did before.

Price is falling since algo switch. that is pretty unusual... VTC needs a bigger adoption on the market and a real world use. At the moment it seems people just mine this coin and dump it on the exchange.

Hope devs see the problem, too and work with us on a solution. Just changing algo isn`t enough
i mine a lot and not dump,it is hard to prevent the price be lower and lower.
total network hashrate stay on 3G ,it is not profitable to mine it at current price,
who is still dumping?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
BTW - anyone interesting check out my BTCtalk footer.

Oh boy could I have some fun with that.
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Lower power usage -> higher profitability at same price -> price goes down to 50% (or to whatever the difference in power usage is).
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

yeah, that`s true. where are devs? we need to make a plan and do some promo.

@devs: If you want to do an interview published on our blog please PM me. We can publish some articles about VTC as I did before.

Price is falling since algo switch. that is pretty unusual... VTC needs a bigger adoption on the market and a real world use. At the moment it seems people just mine this coin and dump it on the exchange.

Hope devs see the problem, too and work with us on a solution. Just changing algo isn`t enough
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
I would just like to remind the devs or whoever is maintaining vertcoin.org that it still shows links to the old vertminer and there is no mention of the new algo on the mining tab of the page.

Maybe a promotional/informational campaign/stunt is in order? since I'm not sure the algo change is popular knowledge outside the vertcoin community.

just my 2 cents

0 worries , every single crypto coin is taking a hit and till the end of this year it is going to be so and even worse VERT or bla it does not matter, however I (we am sure) appreciate you taking care

Cool

volume simply is not there to cover all markets which will be consolidated in years to come

Activity: 22

just my 2 cents
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Hey guys

Just wanted to tell you that we have added Vertcoin support to the Cryptonator's multicryptocurrency wallet. Now you can store, receive or send and instantly exchange Vertcoin in one personal account, along with 8 other cryptocurrencies (BTC LTC DOGE DRK NMC RDD PPC BC)

What's inside Cryptonator accounts

• Multi-currency account
  • Instant exchange
  • Cryptocurrency online store
  • Cryptocurrency Portfolio
  • Anonymous & secure access

You are welcome to sigh up for free and test it https://www.cryptonator.com/
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 20
because the price is always falling?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
TheCoinFinder, yes, I do it.
But why cant in one?

Are you mining on p2pool or such, where you are getting a lot of tiny transactions sent to your account? This builds up, and means that when you want to send all the funds in one go, your wallet has to piece together thousands of little transactions - and these all take up space.

Each transaction has a maximum limit imposed by the protocol - if the size goes over that, they are not allowed.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
Vertans! happy Sunday, how is the mining situation going ?, would you mind to share what pools you are using and if with good or bad effects

I am using: https://pool.verters.com  site  (and stratum) only went down once yesterday due to VPS problem since then recovered and going strong + operator is very attentive and friendly , fee is 2%

other's experiences ?

another question if someone knows and can share : how to setup backup stratum in ccminer if one stratum goes down after n retries etc or timeout , can anyone share good strategy ?

thanks much in advance

and one more thing, see what block finding time is in your particular pool, seeing upwards of 30 minutes per block.. sometimes extending to over one hour (but not too often)

also I believe bots are at rage on bittrex looking at amounts and frequency of sell/buy orders , someone is playing games with arbitrage for sure
TheCoinFinder, yes, I do it.
But why cant in one?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
What settings do I need to include in the .bat to get this to run on my 780Ti? I can't seem to get it to fire up. I just have the default info in there for now, but not sure what other parameters I might need

you can use --throughput 6  (if it isn't plugged into a monitor... ).
For those having lag --throughput 1 should help a bit (as well as increasing mem clock).
The problem with lyra is that it sucks all the memory bandwidth (leaving only a little for standard operation... my advise would be to use the integrated gpu (if your mobo/cpu has one) for the monitor while mining lyra2.

This can be monitored with MSI Afterburner, using "FB usage" graph, which show the frame buffer usage.. if the buffer is constantly full, you should expect lag... (current setting --throughput 4, gives a FB usage around 90~95% on 9xx serie (but it is somewhat lower on the 780ti because the memory bandwidth is higher... )
Activity: 57
yes, I , it doesnt matter what difficulty you set lower intesity until you find where you can use and desktop
Jump to: