Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 11. (Read 9371 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
Hi there,

Can you please advise me if:
1) This card will require bios mod and overclocking?
2) If you use if on Linux and had 39mh/s from stock? Supplier recommended W10. Most folks sit on Linux distros with Nvidia.

Hi pix530,

Sorry for late response, I'm too busy these days.
1. As far as I know we dont need to do bios mod for Nvidia GPU (it's impossible I think). I recommend OC because P104-100 is dedicated GPU for mining (please refer the 1st post to see my OC testing).
2. I use Window 10. But I think Linux should be fine and even better performance.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I will order 6 soon and share my experience.
Each would cost about 400usd which is ok compare to 300 bucks rx570 that is impossible to get now.
Hashrate 30 to 40 and price 300 to 400. Seems reasonable.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I am interested in buying 50+ of these.  Are there any suppliers who handle small (bulk) orders like this? 
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
My supplier confirmed hashrates announced here.
104 is able to go up to 40Mh/S Eth.

yeah I think the hashrate will be around 39 Mh/s or even better as your quote.
But actually I havent got the GPUs as I ordered yet. Our group buy's supplier still in dealing progress with some guys in CN.

how can i get one of these for testing?
Activity: 154

Confirmed
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Tho the 1070ti does only 33mh/s max on ETH, but who wants eth on Nvidia anyways?

Titan V, 1060, and possibly 1050/1050 ti owners.

Hi there,

Can you please advise me if:
1) This card will require bios mod and overclocking?
2) If you use if on Linux and had 39mh/s from stock? Supplier recommended W10. Most folks sit on Linux distros with Nvidia.
Activity: 30
Merit: 2

But actually I havent got the GPUs as I ordered yet. Our group buy's supplier still in dealing progress with some guys in CN.

Any update about price? I even could not make a purchase for GTX 1060 6Gb or Rx580 now. Too many people here want to dig in mining.
Blockchain Evangelist.

Blockchain Evangelist.
this is a dece card, tho to me i still perfer the 1070ti for about the same price
Tho the 1070ti does only 33mh/s max on ETH, but who wants eth on Nvidia anyways?
No resale here, little warranty, ill pass for 1070ti i thinks personally
but thx for showing these! still great cards i'd say!

I havent got the price of P104-100 yet, but the distributor he said it's about ~440$ which is much cheaper than GTX 1070 Ti, even cheaper than most of 1070.
So compare with RX580 at price arounds 330-340$, P104-100 could hash 39 Mh/s for ETH, I think it's a good deal.
Only thing I dont understand is how GDDR5X with 4Gb could get that high of hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
this is a dece card, tho to me i still perfer the 1070ti for about the same price
No resale here, little warranty, ill pass for 1070ti i thinks personally
but thx for showing these! still great cards i'd say!
Blockchain Evangelist.

Anyone have experiencing ordering from Alibaba? I've never used it before and from some quick research, it looks kind of kind of sketchy and not consumer friendly. The product title does not match the description which does not match the picture and there's many stories of people getting scammed just from this forum. There is no "Buy It Now" button or shipping/import/tax/payment information with the only option being to negotiate with someone in China

Honestly to say, I dont deal directly with someone in China for sure. We ever got an offer from China for cheaper GPUs. But we leave all the negotiations for local distributor who we trust and we only doing business with him.
I dont suggest ordering from Alibaba, we experienced 2 faulty PSUs from there before.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Where can you even get these "mining" cards? Can you only buy them if you know someone in China?

Basically, I should say yes. I and my close friends have a group buy, and we have contract with a local distributor who are doing business with some big guys from CN. Most of GPUs in our farm, we got from him: RX580 and P106-100. He just gave me only 1 P104-100 to check the performances before making a new deal. As he said, we may get the very first batch of P104-100 in next 2 weeks. Actually, they will be released to market very soon as well.
Anyone have experiencing ordering from Alibaba? I've never used it before and from some quick research, it looks kind of kind of sketchy and not consumer friendly. The product title does not match the description which does not match the picture and there's many stories of people getting scammed just from this forum. There is no "Buy It Now" button or shipping/import/tax/payment information with the only option being to negotiate with someone in China
Blockchain Evangelist.
Where can you even get these "mining" cards? Can you only buy them if you know someone in China?

Basically, I should say yes. I and my close friends have a group buy, and we have contract with a local distributor who are doing business with some big guys from CN. Most of GPUs in our farm, we got from him: RX580 and P106-100. He just gave me only 1 P104-100 to check the performances before making a new deal. As he said, we may get the very first batch of P104-100 in next 2 weeks. Actually, they will be released to market very soon as well.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
come to Russia. we are always excited to welcome new guests Smiley

I bought these cards from local reseller. many computer shops around here have them in stock from time to time.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
In your GPU-Z the info of memory size didnt include. So as the info in some website, it should be 4Gb right?

yup
Activity: 30
Merit: 2
In your GPU-Z the info of memory size didnt include. So as the info in some website, it should be 4Gb right?
Try XMR? Maybe the timing they've put on it works great for once on XMR with an nvidia card Smiley
nope, cryptonight performance sucks.
Pages:
Jump to: