Pages:
Author

Topic: Very first tests P104-100: 39 Mh/s Ethash; 470 sol/s ZEC - Nice GPU! - page 13. (Read 9371 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
@ shibob

GPU 3: 72C at 72% fan rpm.

What was the card layout like.
Is this the average temps to be expected or were you running the cards closer to each other than normal.
Open air case?

Looks like 180 watt TDP also. 

2 fans intake and the hot air of each GPU flows back, I think its cooling is not really good.
I use open air frame, 72C was the temp when I made the very first test, as in the following tests, average temp is about 55C with a medium speed fan flow directly to the rig.
The power is 172W for ZEC mining so basically its TDP might be 180W.
Blockchain Evangelist.
No display output right? I ask this cause some mining cards have display output and some don't.

Yes you're right. It's dedicated mining GPU likes P106-100.
Actually it's not the problem when I dont tend to resale it to gamer.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
@ shibob

GPU 3: 72C at 72% fan rpm.

What was the card layout like.
Is this the average temps to be expected or were you running the cards closer to each other than normal.
Open air case?

Looks like 180 watt TDP also. 
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
No display output right? I ask this cause some mining cards have display output and some don't.
Blockchain Evangelist.
Does it take the same drivers as regular gaming videocards?

Of course, driver is the same from Nvidia. As in figure, driver 388.71 ver 23.21.13.8871
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
whats the power draw @37 eth and @450 equihash?
Xtreme Monster
This is a perfect gpu mining for noobs, nothing to do, plug and play and the speed is great. The 3 months warranty is bad though.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Does it take the same drivers as regular gaming videocards?
Blockchain Evangelist.
I don't get it, does the P104-100 use GDDR5 (and not 5X) or how else can it be faster than even the 1080 Ti?

--ypsi

Just checked. It's GDDR5X memory, my test is done with Micron not Samsung. But 37.7Mh/s is very impressive.
Xtreme Monster
I don't get it, does the P104-100 use GDDR5 (and not 5X) or how else can it be faster than even the 1080 Ti?

--ypsi

It uses the x version. The specs were revealed 2 months ago, now it seems they have for sale in some places, this is just an optimized gtx 1080 for mining, more like memory timings and other minor things for mining.
Blockchain Evangelist.
Hi guys,

I'm very busy this time. So sorry for late update.

I have just made a quick test for Equihash algorithm, at the basic OC I didnt push it much, it could achieve 470sol/s for ZEC.
Memory is GGDR5X Micron, so basically for 37.7Mh/s for ETH, that's really impressive!
Please take a look on setting and P104-100 GPU info below. It's nice GPU I think.

For quick reference: https://imgur.com/a/ga8Zq

Blockchain Evangelist.
So the hashrate is a little bit higher than the hashrate reported as in announcement of Inno3D:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/inno3d-p104-100-crypto-mining-accelerator,36106.html

What's the price? 

I was quoted $440-460 for the price.

The distributor hasnt told us the price yet, but I think it will be range as your quotation.
Actually our group are dealing with him for about 440$. He always gives us good price but this is the very first batch, so thing may be different.
Activity: 2
Merit: 158

--ypsi
Blockchain Evangelist.
Zotac P104 in VietNam come with 12 months guarantee

Really it should be good for you guys. The local distributor here only guarantee for us in 3 months.
We havent signed the contract yet, but we dont expect that much, 3 months like P106-100 is ok.
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
What's the Equihash performance?
Activity: 15
Zotac P104 in VietNam come with 12 months guarantee

Already got at Vietnam?
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
It is indeed a nice result from a 1080 GPU. Looking forward to te see these on the shelves.
Activity: 62
So the hashrate is a little bit higher than the hashrate reported as in announcement of Inno3D:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/inno3d-p104-100-crypto-mining-accelerator,36106.html

What's the price? 

I was quoted $440-460 for the price.
Activity: 30
Merit: 2

What's the price? 
Blockchain Evangelist.
It is totally a waste of a GPU to mine ETH when there are more profitable coins with double the profit.

In somehow you are right. This is just the test as I promised in other thread for P104-100.
I'm not sure is it better to mine other altcoins than ETH, but market is smart to regulate the ROI, so until now we just focus on ETH only.
We have few 1070 rigs to mine altcoins as well, but not that much.
Pages:
Jump to: