Pages:
Author

Topic: Video call for KYC verification - page 44. (Read 40805 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 10
October 14, 2018, 06:04:23 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call
I think ico teams have done enough by requesting for some documents for kyc and atimes even with a selfie, so I don't see the need for video kyc. Besides this will be really consuming as bounty participants and ico contributors might be up to 10000  in some cases. I believe there are other things tito invest their time in than this.
Activity: 308
October 14, 2018, 05:52:17 PM
This is impossible, lol, why?

I think no one would agree to prove identity via video call, who are they to do it? My bank doesn`t and some people that sometimes even don`t have real company with real plans and capitalization wants me to be fully proven, lol, funny
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
October 14, 2018, 05:47:40 PM
Maybe for someone it would be easier, but I do not see anything good in it. Correctly wrote that it is exactly the same providing the data of your passport, so why complicate your life? Moreover, it is even impossible to organize.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
October 14, 2018, 05:42:02 PM
A video call for KYC does not make any sense? And if you are doing a video call by holding your id cards like passport or any other providing your national security number, it is equivalent to sharing your documents as you are sharing all the details with them by means of video. apart from this, there are chances of biometrics theft too. I personally, would not prefer to do a video KYC
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
October 14, 2018, 05:38:30 PM
I think no project will go for that. This will create a lot of problems. If we conduct KYC, it is better to provide your documents. It's easier.
Activity: 196
October 14, 2018, 05:31:46 PM
Uhmm can be an option if really necessary, probably safer than giving your documents directly, at least there is no risk that they try to steal your identity, because right now I do not see how they could do it through a video, plus that would add some clarity to the whole process.
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
October 14, 2018, 05:29:33 PM
I think KYC via video link is an interesting idea, but it takes too much time. When it comes to checking no more than 200 participants manually, it's real task and will help in the fight against multiaccounting, but when we talk about 3-5 thousand people (bots), then the task becomes unreal. it will not take a couple of days or even a couple of weeks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 04:55:45 PM
This is the very faster and easiest way to get your KYC within very short time. I have taken live experience of this vedio call KYC by liquid exchange (quiono exchange). Actually I uploaded my documents for 2 to 3 times it failed due to some reasons and they have option of live vedio call to solve this kind of issues with KYC and when I shedule my KYC vedio verification call my KYC got verified in 10 min.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2018, 04:31:58 PM
Video call for kyc verification?? Is it possible? Do you think it is the best way , rather than uploading your documents for kyc verification process? Most bounty campaigns and ICOs nowadays required a kyc.

If video call for Kyc verification is possible, what is the best and secure app to you use for video call

I never heard about this, I think this is too much for a verification, if you are going to work for them then ok they can make a video call with you.
But even nowadays the developers are not called for KYC or verification, don't know why but I think that they want to see the work done and not seeing you with documents in hand in front of a camera.
Activity: 224
diceroll.xyz
October 14, 2018, 04:17:23 PM
KYC verification need to me fast and easy to do. Many trying to solve that problem. Time for even doc verification also take more time. If we go for the video call verification then it takes really more time. Practically it's not feasible to implement for time saving.  
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 14, 2018, 04:13:40 PM
It seems to me that there is no point in video calls ... I don’t consider it a problem to upload a photo of my passport for passing KYC. And who will make these calls? Extra costs for developers. It's my opinion.
Activity: 644
October 14, 2018, 03:56:34 PM

I don't think this is a good idea and sending documents as per the current KYC procedure is already fine. Also it would be a waste of time for the developer to have a thousand participants to undergo video calling just for KYC. There are already ways to prove your documents are authentic by sending selfie with date along with your ID's.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
October 13, 2018, 01:38:24 PM
I've never heard anything like this before. I think it would not be a very logical system. Send photos or give idendity informatiın can be more practical and safer. I dont think so too many people use video for kyc Smiley
In fact, I have not met this either, and it seems to me that this is already a bust in verification issues. If you wanted to see from the point of view of security, then if there is a choice between providing passport data and a video call, then it is better to choose a video call.
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
October 13, 2018, 01:25:59 PM
I've never heard anything like this before. I think it would not be a very logical system. Send photos or give idendity informatiın can be more practical and safer. I dont think so too many people use video for kyc Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 13, 2018, 12:43:59 PM
Video call for KYC Huh

I think it is good and real face.
This will make KYC got easyer and no clone accoun again.
I agree with you and I think this is better for verification cause no one can clone your account and you never say lie to them cause they saw you in video call.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
October 13, 2018, 12:42:47 PM
They still want your documents like ID's, proof of address etc to pass KYC video call seems an idea but I think they will always prefer selfie of yourself holding your submitted ID to prove that you are not frauding the whole KYC process and cheating some bounty if you are doing any of it well this system has a lot of room for improvements we may see that or not it depends on them for the process.
Activity: 378
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 13, 2018, 12:34:38 PM
not a bad idea, but how to release it. If the project involved thousands of people? We all have different time zones and how to dock managers and participants in time? Plus the language barrier, if something needs to be clarified.
I chose the interlocutor in the list, made a call, let's say checked and everything is in order - I found the list again, noted. a few minutes for each person.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
October 13, 2018, 12:29:21 PM
I generally find KYC checking for bounty hunters illegal. I have not seen a single document and none of the ICO teams referred to any document that would require a KYC check against ICO generosity campaigners. I do not join the ICO campaigns, which even provide for KYC verification.
As for the video call as a test of KYC, then for bounty hunters this is a complete absurdity.
Activity: 574
October 13, 2018, 12:25:45 PM
Video call for KYC Huh

I think it is good and real face.
This will make KYC got easyer and no clone accoun again.
Activity: 512
Merit: 100
October 13, 2018, 12:24:42 PM
It's good and why not but do you think it will be more work to do about that? Connection will be the #1 problem with that, if the investors or users will have a bad connection then it will ruined the entire time of it and be wasted. So I guess need to think about that further more.
Pages:
Jump to: