Pages:
Author

Topic: ✪✪✪ VIRTUAL COIN ✪✪✪ | P2P VIRTUAL MONEY | VC | X11 | ReLaunch: Date Feb 2017 ✪✪ - page 55. (Read 192532 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Based on experience with other alt coins, it is very important to have good amount of reserve for development & bounty purpose. I suggest if you able to somehow save it, it would be a better option than risking VC by rewriting new code.

I have updated my client to new version 11.3.2 using the steps above, worked like charm.

Btw, I also think having reserve is a better idea for Virtual Coin survival. At least team would not need to "beg" users each time bounty needs to be set for future development.
Just my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
New wallet works great, the installation went without any problems.  Cheesy
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
Based on experience with other alt coins, it is very important to have good amount of reserve for development & bounty purpose. I suggest if you able to somehow save it, it would be a better option than risking VC by rewriting new code.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Nice work on the block explorer. Sorry for not being able to help I had a family issue and have been traveling the last week and a half.  I do still have a question for the developer(s) regarding the 1st 100 blocks. Are you looking into the instamine? I am working to get added interest around this coin but some have concerns around this. Would it be possible we can get the you to destroy the instamine, or put it in escrow? As you could expect there is some worry as this is a rather large amount of coin.

Thought me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Since VC has been stable, no forking detected after re-coding the VC code, so I am cautiously looking to address this either by blocking it with new code (if possible) without damaging existing blockchain. If I could find it & recover those coins, we could use it as development & marketing fund. Since I don't see any activity as those coins could have been lost forever, which take care of the issue by itself.

Thanks
Please don't recover the coins. VirtualCoin is a no premine coin. Using these coins is basically premining.

Is it possible to make them unspendable just like the genesis block?

I agree, if these coins are not in the hands of the developers and we are not 100% they have been lost making them unspendable would remove some worry/concern. Since the block explorer showed the instamine/premine (whatever you want to call it) of the first 100 blocks, which is only 4% of the total coin count, but 14% of current coin count.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Nice work on the block explorer. Sorry for not being able to help I had a family issue and have been traveling the last week and a half.  I do still have a question for the developer(s) regarding the 1st 100 blocks. Are you looking into the instamine? I am working to get added interest around this coin but some have concerns around this. Would it be possible we can get the you to destroy the instamine, or put it in escrow? As you could expect there is some worry as this is a rather large amount of coin.

Thanks,

Since VC has been stable, no forking detected after re-coding the VC code, so I am cautiously looking to address this either by blocking it with new code (if possible) without damaging existing blockchain. If I could find it & recover those coins, we could use it as development & marketing fund. Since I don't see any activity as those coins could have been lost forever, which take care of the issue by itself.

Thanks
Please don't recover the coins. VirtualCoin is a no premine coin. Using these coins is basically premining.

Is it possible to make them unspendable just like the genesis block?
Activity: 882
Merit: 515
Virtual Coin Windows Client 11.3.2 Released

Date Released: July 31st, 2014 GMT

Change:
Checkpoint updates
security updates.

This is an enhancement Update

DOWNLOAD LOCATION:

Package:
https://mega.co.nz/#!yIIhiQ7K!kntaLt36OVo8IaGK5vE5KqjifJXdDJWet1Go73SZCeg

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO UPGRADE (FOR ALL USERS):

1) backup your wallet.dat file
2) close virtualcoin client
3) delete "virtualcoin" folder in Roaming folder.
4) delete all old exe files on virtualcoins from your PC.
5) Download virtualcoin wallet exe file again.
6) create shortcut on your desktop for the new virtualcoin exe file
7) type in "advance firewall..." from start in Windows Vista/7
8 ) Click on "Inbound rules"
9) Delete ALL entries with vcoin, virtualcoin etc. (their may be multiple of them)
10) Right click VirtualCoin shortcut "Properties -> Target "
11) change "...\virtualcoin11-3-1.exe" to "\virtualcoin11-3-1.exe -port=2095"
12.1) If possible (power cycle your home modem & wireless router, it clears UPNP & helps with connection)
12.2) Launch VirtualCoin shortcut
13) Firewall prompt check both boxes
14) Go to Help -> Debug Window
15) Wait for Current # of blocks to reach 45852 (as of this writing) or higher.
16) Close Windows VirtualCoin client.
17) copy back your backup wallet.dat file to virtualcoin folder (overwrite if prompted)
18) Copy virtualcoin.conf file that is included with the download release to your virtualcoin folder.
19) For added security (optional) edit virtualcoin.conf file & change default password
20) Launch VirtualCoin shortcut [YOU ARE ALL DONE]
Activity: 882
Merit: 515
Nice work on the block explorer. Sorry for not being able to help I had a family issue and have been traveling the last week and a half.  I do still have a question for the developer(s) regarding the 1st 100 blocks. Are you looking into the instamine? I am working to get added interest around this coin but some have concerns around this. Would it be possible we can get the you to destroy the instamine, or put it in escrow? As you could expect there is some worry as this is a rather large amount of coin.

Thanks,

Thanks
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Nice work on the block explorer. Sorry for not being able to help I had a family issue and have been traveling the last week and a half.  I do still have a question for the developer(s) regarding the 1st 100 blocks. Are you looking into the instamine? I am working to get added interest around this coin but some have concerns around this. Would it be possible we can get the you to destroy the instamine, or put it in escrow? As you could expect there is some worry as this is a rather large amount of coin.

Thanks,

+1
Activity: 16

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
legendary
Crypto since 2014

<-- My contribution

I am still connected with the coin & have been mining since launch. I am also volunteering my time & effort to make Virtual Coin the next bitcoin. I suggest we keep focus on future road map. I don't know about others, but I have full faith in the coin. Once we have shopping module ready, I will donate my share of the coins either in VC or Bitcoin.

this coin will be great keep on mining

I confirm. I do not sell at such a low price and still mining .  Cool

No matter what Virtual Coin is still the best coin. I started mining early & will keep it this way.

e1ghtSpace, at least I have a signature to support VC. What about your contribution?

And now, since you made me feel bad, I will make a game. (unfortunately not a faucet or anything)
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
I am a B I G supporter of VIRTUAL COIN.

Any new update on Shopping payment module?

I am not selling any of my coins nor is Dev or anyone else associated with the coin. Great work has been done so far, if anyone wants to dump coins, I will take it. The user crying about VC, how come he/she still keeping it, why not just sell it or give it to me.
Activity: 48
I am still connected with the coin & have been mining since launch. I am also volunteering my time & effort to make Virtual Coin the next bitcoin. I suggest we keep focus on future road map. I don't know about others, but I have full faith in the coin. Once we have shopping module ready, I will donate my share of the coins either in VC or Bitcoin.

I confirm. I do not sell at such a low price and still mining Cool

No matter what Virtual Coin is still the best coin. I started mining early & will keep it this way.

e1ghtSpace, at least I have a signature to support VC. What about your contribution?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

I confirm. I do not sell at such a low price and still mining Cool
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

legendary
Crypto since 2014

I am still here, however the first 100 blocks need to be made unspendable.
If the dev makes this work my faith will be restored.
It just doesn't make sense. Why would he keep updating the code is this is a scam? I actually think the dev might be innocent. Tomorrow I'll do a small investigation. Will keep you updated.
Activity: 116

I am still here, however the first 100 blocks need to be made unspendable.
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"
Activity: 116
So, for the first 100 blocks the reward was 1331?
http://cryptobe.com/chain/Virtualcoin?hi=119&count=20

Instamine? Please tell me no.

Thanks for bringing up to my attention, I will have to find out about it. But by the way, total VC I have in my account is 3798.862
My address: VRDMLpC2qXhNeS5SZ76zzGuq2TNftyukcG

Thanks, I will add block explorer to homepage.

Thanks vcoins .. There are 2 Block explorers to add to the OP, don't forget http://virtualcoin.info/  too.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Pages:
Jump to: