Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29451. (Read 26369189 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I am seeing a pattern in these triangles, the angles are very telling on each, they point to $180. We are massively overvalued right now.
Actually, I've been working with some pretty reliable Fibonacci fans whose channels point to Bitstamp hitting $0.00 within the month. Plan accordingly.
sweet i will be able to afford all the bitcoins!

actuly wait no...

i need like 0.0000  Undecided   Cry

No you won't get them ALL, if you wait for them to drop to 0.0001$, because I'll buy 1 million of them at 0.001$, just to be able to
claim that in 2014 I was a huge bitcoin whale. Such a story would be worth 1,000$, even if the bitcoins would be worth 0.0.
Yes, very strong support in the ≤ $.01 range.
Activity: 728
Merit: 540
It's the usual suspects!   Cheesy

Which one is Kayser Sausey ?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
I am seeing a pattern in these triangles, the angles are very telling on each, they point to $180. We are massively overvalued right now.
Actually, I've been working with some pretty reliable Fibonacci fans whose channels point to Bitstamp hitting $0.00 within the month. Plan accordingly.

actuly wait no...

No you won't get them ALL, if you wait for them to drop to 0.0001$, because I'll buy 1 million of them at 0.001$, just to be able to
claim that in 2014 I was a huge bitcoin whale. Such a story would be worth 1,000$, even if the bitcoins would be worth 0.0.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

You can tell the bears are getting panicky when all the triangles come out!  Pythagoras must be rolling in his grave!

Cheesy

You are becoming more and more manic by the minute T.Stuart.

Having just read that it is possible to short Bitcoin on Bitfinex, I headed right over there to register and open an account. I then set about finding the option to short bitcoin. The Bitfinex site does not make this a very straightforward process, but I soon discovered the shorting option only to find that there is absolutely nobody interested in lending out Bitcoins to a short seller at this point in time.

Now what does that tell you?

(a big fkn queue of wannabe short-sellers and a distinct lack of mugs Bitcoin holders willing to loan out their Bitcoins to shorters chasing clear and obvious profits)

You do know the lenders also risk losing their coins if the shorts don't pan out?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
Volume of BTC trade to/from USD and other national currencies (kBTC):

01/14  01/15

Bitstamp   12.3    8.2
  BTC-e       9.8    7.2
  MtGOX       6.4    4.7
  BitFinEx    7.1    3.7
  Bitcoin.DE         0.4
  CaVirtEx           0.3
  Kraken             0.3
  CampBX             0.1
  CryptoTrade        0.0

SUBTOTAL   35.6   24.9

Huobi      91.4   70.2
  OKCoin     22.2   24.8
  BTC-China   5.6    3.5

SUBTOTAL  119.2   98.5

TOTAL     154.8  123.4

Numbers collected by hand from the Bitcoinwisdom charts and added by hand, may be wrong. 

They do not incluce trade between BTC and other cryptocoins such as LiteCoin.

The Coinbase volume is not available at Bitcoinwisdom.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

actuly wait no...

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
There are some serious desperate people around chasing cheap coins
rpietila (missing in action)
fr33d0miz3r
proudhon
humanitee
ElectricMucus
Tera
DustyRah
...........which ever other account has been created in order to answer the own post
How long will the have to wait the get those cheap coins?

It's the usual suspects!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
There are some serious desperate people around chasing cheap coins
rpietila (missing in action)
fr33d0miz3r
proudhon
humanitee
ElectricMucus
Tera
DustyRah
...........which ever other account has been created in order to answer the own post
How long will the have to wait the get those cheap coins?

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I agree. Everyone talks about "China uncertainity". I expect we will go down to $700, and maybe $600 at the end of month, then any message from China can trigger panic selling, so around the end of month some "mini crash" is well possible. Then we will recover, regardless of what exactly the Chinese government will decide. If they will go Russian way, recovery may be longer, but I doubt it. While Russian govt are just control freaks, Chinese establishment will try to see some opportunity for them.
FBI
I don't agree.  I think that everyone panicked with the news of the FBI selling off the Silk Road coins. And the "panic" sell off was not even that impressive, really.  Today people will realize that the price is not dropping that much and then buy back in.  Thanks to all the press surrounding this Bitcoin got some "free" advertising.  More people will decide to invest and so it will go up.  Plus each day more and more businesses are signing up.  Yesterday it was an NBA sports team.  Today?  Who knows.  But it is looking good to me.  I predict $1000 by next week.
We have no panic sell yet. There may be one at the end of month, when this awaited "China government decision" will be finally issued, so for example Chinese exchanges will be shut down (or allowed to continue, who knows). FBI thing... well, as said numerous times FBI will not just dump these bitcoins at gox... They will be sold "out of the market", at least not thrown directly into the market. Also when we compare these 29,000 BTC to Chinese part of a daily volume, well. I agree however that FBI event has very positive marketing effect, especially in the USA. Hovever I'm located in Europe, so my perspective differs.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 125
Merit: 100

You can tell the bears are getting panicky when all the triangles come out!  Pythagoras must be rolling in his grave!

Cheesy

You are becoming more and more manic by the minute T.Stuart.

Having just read that it is possible to short Bitcoin on Bitfinex, I headed right over there to register and open an account. I then set about finding the option to short bitcoin. The Bitfinex site does not make this a very straightforward process, but I soon discovered the shorting option only to find that there is absolutely nobody interested in lending out Bitcoins to a short seller at this point in time.

Now what does that tell you?

(a big fkn queue of wannabe short-sellers and a distinct lack of mugs Bitcoin holders willing to loan out their Bitcoins to shorters chasing clear and obvious profits)

I think the margin system is temporarily down. Notice there's no long or short margin available? The interest rate on the short margin is also 0.02% which is very low. That would rise to over 1% before there was truly no margin available.

I got my short order in this morning and am currently riding out the storm  Cheesy

Edit:
Margin appears to be working again. This is what I'm seeing... 
Available Long - 1625.26 BTC at 0.42 to 0.73%/day    
Available Short - 2437.99 BTC at 0.01 to 0.03%/day
Activity: 686
Ultranode
Bitcoin crashing? Dogecoin users unaffected! http://coinmarketcap.com/doge_30.html
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
seems we are not going back over 800 pretty much soon.
I agree. Everyone talks about "China uncertainity". I expect we will go down to $700, and maybe $600 at the end of month, then any message from China can trigger panic selling, so around the end of month some "mini crash" is well possible. Then we will recover, regardless of what exactly the Chinese government will decide. If they will go Russian way, recovery may be longer, but I doubt it. While Russian govt are just control freaks, Chinese establishment will try to see some opportunity for them.

I don't agree.  I think that everyone panicked with the news of the FBI selling off the Silk Road coins. And the "panic" sell off was not even that impressive, really.  Today people will realize that the price is not dropping that much and then buy back in.  Thanks to all the press surrounding this Bitcoin got some "free" advertising.  More people will decide to invest and so it will go up.  Plus each day more and more businesses are signing up.  Yesterday it was an NBA sports team.  Today?  Who knows.  But it is looking good to me.  I predict $1000 by next week.
wanna bet? Grin

Nope.  With Bitcoin it is wise not too. Wink  It could go either way for sure!

haha yeah thats quite true Cheesy
Activity: 614
No follow-through to the downside at all..
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

Checkmate bulls, downcrash confirmed.
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

I don't agree.  I think that everyone panicked with the news of the FBI selling off the Silk Road coins. And the "panic" sell off was not even that impressive, really.  Today people will realize that the price is not dropping that much and then buy back in.  Thanks to all the press surrounding this Bitcoin got some "free" advertising.  More people will decide to invest and so it will go up.  Plus each day more and more businesses are signing up.  Yesterday it was an NBA sports team.  Today?  Who knows.  But it is looking good to me.  I predict $1000 by next week.

Hodling Bitcoiners are becoming hard as nails!  Smiley It's written all over the charts post-bubble. It's all down to the fact that everyone and his dog knows things are growing faster than ever.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

I don't agree.  I think that everyone panicked with the news of the FBI selling off the Silk Road coins. And the "panic" sell off was not even that impressive, really.  Today people will realize that the price is not dropping that much and then buy back in.  Thanks to all the press surrounding this Bitcoin got some "free" advertising.  More people will decide to invest and so it will go up.  Plus each day more and more businesses are signing up.  Yesterday it was an NBA sports team.  Today?  Who knows.  But it is looking good to me.  I predict $1000 by next week.
wanna bet? Grin

Nope.  With Bitcoin it is wise not too. Wink  It could go either way for sure!
Jump to: