Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29454. (Read 26369292 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
This looks like pretty weak "crash"  Shocked

Until now it's no crash. It's more fighting.

It's a downtrend. Not crash nor fighting.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
DPR is idiot for letting them to ever find his coins.

He was an idiot even starting SR. His life is now essentially over.

Hardly.  He is a hero to every freedom loving person on the planet.  It is certain that his work will go on.  I'm also certain that he would rather die a lion that live as a cur.

Oh please, turn it down.
He done SR for his own financial gain. No other reason. If you believe otherwise you are exteremly gullible.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht

Hardly.  He is a hero to every freedom loving person on the planet.  It is certain that his work will go on.  I'm also certain that he would rather die a lion that live as a cur.

I don't get what's remotely heroic here. He's just another slug making money off the misery of others.

It might have been worth some admiration had he been maintaining a direct link between drug producer and consumer and cutting out the slavers, murderers and scum who populate the middle.
Activity: 346
Merit: 250

.                 low 800 vs up 800
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
This looks like pretty weak "crash"  Shocked

that's what "" cover Cheesy
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022
Bearish? Bullish? It's easy to forget how amazing it is that we seem to be stable at prices in the high 3 figures.
legendary
Duelbits.com

Fuck that, he'll live as a shit now in prison.

But since he did it, started it, letting them to find his coins so easily was really mind boggling. He obviously was too confident they can't find him.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

He'd rather squeal like a pig than die like a lion.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
The price might go down now, but it's not worth it. It will still take a while for the feds to sell, in the meantime the price will go back up, and then yo-yo. But really the people who will buy these coins aren't going to be dumping them on the market. They are buying to keep the supply controlled and the price high. :-)

It doesn't matter when they do it. Right now is when we have the knowledge that they will do it. Although there is some question about how much. It will definitely be 29,655BTC, but it could possibly be as much as 144,336BTC.

It's getting priced in right now.

It's being auctioned, this is not the reason for current movement.

New Knowledge is always a reason for current movement.

It clearly is not. You claiming this proves your ignorance.

It only proves how important this is to the market, but it will take a day to filter in. And another three days for the reactions to the movement to settle out.

Also currently price may be dropping a bit from Overstock, small influence though.
There is still some wealth effect from the rise at end of 2013.
This o.co overhang will begin to reverse when
1) Overstock takes advantage of BitPay's payroll feature and begins to allow its people to also be paid in bitcoin at a percentage of their compensation.
2) Time.  When folks are buying their bitcoin off an exchange to use on overstock instead of using the ones they already have.
3) Supply chain, when Overstock is able to purchase its inventory in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Question is, will FBI rebuy after the dump?

This is interesting.  How many government agencies are buying bitcoin?  How much bitcoin?

They are going to need a LOT of it.
legendary
Duelbits.com
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

The statement above will go onto the BTC Rosetta Stone for future anthropologists studying forumspeak.  It will be cataloged as, "Please put me on ignore".

Okay.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

$25M was pocket change lying around from silkroad escow.

100K on his private laptop on other side is a monster mistake
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
paypal just called me
they're not happy that i've been selling FTC
apparently this will have no effect on my account, I just have to reply to some e-mail with " i wont do it again " type thing.
i want to empty my paypal account and only use BTC from now on.
Activity: 294
The price might go down now, but it's not worth it. It will still take a while for the feds to sell, in the meantime the price will go back up, and then yo-yo. But really the people who will buy these coins aren't going to be dumping them on the market. They are buying to keep the supply controlled and the price high. :-)

It doesn't matter when they do it. Right now is when we have the knowledge that they will do it. Although there is some question about how much. It will definitely be 29,655BTC, but it could possibly be as much as 144,336BTC.

It's getting priced in right now.

It's being auctioned, this is not the reason for current movement.

New Knowledge is always a reason for current movement.

legendary
Duelbits.com
Activity: 125

As always, here's the mantra like repetition of "It's not the FBI sale that's *causing* the price move". It's the "trigger" perhaps, but under different circumstances, the same news could have lead a small rally even ("wheee, cheap coins, the BTC ecosystem can only benefit from that sale!"). Right now however, the signs for a move downwards have been visible, if not particularly clear (and i'm not convinced this will turn into a full crash anyway). The FBI is just the nudge we needed.

It's not the reason or the trigger. This price move has been a long time in the making.

Lol at people thinking the FBI auctioning BTC off-market at market rate would cause a downturn in market price.
Jump to: