Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29456. (Read 26369189 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Why would China sell???
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Chinese New Year is coming (starts from Jan 20th)....

According to Wikipedia, in mainland China the 2014 Chinese New Year holidays are 31 January – 6 February
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_new_year

Noobs, Chinese starts the holiday from 20th.... Yes they usually have 2-3 weeks off.

Are you thinking that they won't get around to selling all the coins they are mining until after holiday?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Edit: mmitech beware Stamp goin under 800$ again, maybe the protocol is broken?? please enlighten us ; Shocked Cheesy Cheesy

the joke on you, let it go to $100 or less, I will make sure to buy more Wink my stash were bought lower than you even think Wink

Edit: maybe I was harsh on you guys, I do apologyze for my fast reaction, but I still believe that more reading is for your own good

Apology accepted  Kiss

(That doesn´t mean i won´t troll you in the future.)  Angry

yes for sure, you will be more than welcome to my ignore list, you know that ignore button under your nick (although I don't have many people on ignore, pissing me off is not that easy)

That would be awesome, and maybe a new record , to be on an ignore list with less than 5 posts.  Cheesy

SR 420 ? what is that, I don't recall something like that happening in March 2013 !!

I bought a lot of coins in March because i thought demand would go up for the annual Silkroad 4/20 special sale.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
Edit: mmitech beware Stamp goin under 800$ again, maybe the protocol is broken?? please enlighten us ; Shocked Cheesy Cheesy

the joke on you, let it go to $100 or less, I will make sure to buy more Wink my stash were bought lower than you even think Wink

Edit: maybe I was harsh on you guys, I do apologyze for my fast reaction, but I still believe that more reading is for your own good

Apology accepted  Kiss

Edit:  I bought my stash in 03/2013 cause i thought it would go up due to the SR 420 sale (kinda worked out)

SR 420 ? what is that, I don't recall something like that happening in March 2013 !!
legendary

Apology accepted  Kiss

(That doesn´t mean i won´t troll you in the future.)  Angry

yes for sure, you will be more than welcome to my ignore list, you know that ignore button under your nick (although I don't have many people on ignore, pissing me off is not that easy)

Apology accepted  Kiss

Edit:  I bought my stash in 03/2013 cause i thought it would go up due to the SR 420 sale (kinda worked out)
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
the constant grinding continues.  Undecided

So many new opportunities to spend coins... and it seems the supply of coins is higher than the demand right now.

Be patient for two more weeks. As soon as we knock out "what will happen with damn China" thing, sun is going to shine again Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 728
the constant grinding continues.  Undecided

So many new opportunities to spend coins... and it seems the supply of coins is higher than the demand right now.
legendary

legendary
conclusion, your prediction is impossible
Could it be be a client with special privileges? Like, someone inside MtGOX and/or Bitstamp?

Arbitrage trading requires the ability to transfer cash or coins quickly between markets. One way, as the poster suggested, is to have a pile of coins and a pile of cash in each exchange. Then one can do instantaneous "virtual transfers" if required by the chosen arbitrage strategy, and do real transfers later, once in a while, only to rebalance the piles.  Does this make sense?

again there is no one special with more "privileges" over the bitcoin protocol, such thing doesn't exist, as simple as this. please read more about the technical aspect of Bitcoin because this is what makes Bitcoin special and the rocketing price that jumps from $13 to $1240 is because of people realizing the "technical phenomena" bitcoin is....

I think everyone should spend more time educating them selves about bitcoin before heavily investing, the last couple of months proved that people just jumped with their cash into bitcoin thinking of it as a quick get rich scheme, some people doesn't believe in bitcoin but in the potential income from it.. this is why we see people panicking....

I didn't invest a single dollar when I first knew about Bitcoin, I took all time I needed before deciding and asked all "stupid" question until I felt that I have a good understanding.

you simply don´t get it? this isn´t about any technical feature of the bitcoin protocol. But keep preaching your bullshit about newbies that don´t understand the technique, lol. Did you lose money and try do blame it on "newbies" that don´t fully believe in the godgiven power of the protocol Cheesy

OK maybe I am idiot, explain to me how your "fast" arbitrage between 2 different exchanges works, in terms of moving fiat and Bitcoins in 2 minutes, more importantly, please tell me how do you move cash between stamp and gox in matter of hours?

maybe there is a way that we are not aware of after all....

regardless, my statement about studying bitcoin as a technology is serious, anyone investing in something that has no clue about is either an idiot or a gambler.
Could it be be a client with special privileges? Like, someone inside MtGOX and/or Bitstamp?

Arbitrage trading requires the ability to transfer cash or coins quickly between markets. One way, as the poster suggested, is to have a pile of coins and a pile of cash in each exchange. Then one can do instantaneous "virtual transfers" if required by the chosen arbitrage strategy, and do real transfers later, once in a while, only to rebalance the piles.  Does this make sense?

again there is no one special with more "privileges" over the bitcoin protocol, such thing doesn't exist, as simple as this. please read more about the technical aspect of Bitcoin because this is what makes Bitcoin special and the rocketing price that jumps from $13 to $1240 is because of people realizing the "technical phenomena" bitcoin is....

I think everyone should spend more time educating them selves about bitcoin before heavily investing, the last couple of months proved that people just jumped with their cash into bitcoin thinking of it as a quick get rich scheme, some people doesn't believe in bitcoin but in the potential income from it.. this is why we see people panicking....

I didn't invest a single dollar when I first knew about Bitcoin, I took all time I needed before deciding and asked all "stupid" question until I felt that I have a good understanding.

you simply don´t get it? this isn´t about any technical feature of the bitcoin protocol. But keep preaching your bullshit about newbies that don´t understand the technique, lol. Did you lose money and try do blame it on "newbies" that don´t fully believe in the godgiven power of the protocol Cheesy

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
I'm following the japanese 2ch thread pretty regularly, and even though google translate creates pretty weird results from japanese, I feel this coin has a future now. Some positive points:

- Number of miners is increasing steadily, japanese adoption is speeding up. (Most use CPU, so net hash is still low. 2chpool has gone from around 100 to almost 300 miners in a few days)

- Android wallet has just been released

- They are working on online wallet solutions

- Trade is happening on the monatrade site, even though volume is still low

To sum up, I am happy to be holding a fair amount of MONA  Smiley

get out, don't you have a cave called alternative cryptocurrency? (sub-forum)stay there unless you will talk about bitcoin

Sorry, posted in wrong thread.. Embarrassed
legendary
I'm following the japanese 2ch thread pretty regularly, and even though google translate creates pretty weird results from japanese, I feel this coin has a future now. Some positive points:

- Number of miners is increasing steadily, japanese adoption is speeding up. (Most use CPU, so net hash is still low. 2chpool has gone from around 100 to almost 300 miners in a few days)

- Android wallet has just been released

- They are working on online wallet solutions

- Trade is happening on the monatrade site, even though volume is still low

To sum up, I am happy to be holding a fair amount of MONA  Smiley

get out, don't you have a cave called alternative cryptocurrency? (sub-forum)stay there unless you will talk about bitcoin
legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

Arbitrage trading requires the ability to transfer cash or coins quickly between markets. One way, as the poster suggested, is to have a pile of coins and a pile of cash in each exchange. Then one can do instantaneous "virtual transfers" if required by the chosen arbitrage strategy, and do real transfers later, once in a while, only to rebalance the piles.  Does this make sense?
Activity: 520
much scrap, very steel (frame maybe lol)

So is dogecoin for people who use English as a second or third language?  Or perhaps they're related to Yoda?

Doge Sit!  Doge Stay!  Doge Speak! Much trained well very?
Activity: 574
Price stopped moving, looks like game over.

Insert more coins to continue playing.

Lot's of fiat waiting on the sidelines!  Cheesy
Such famous bastions of engineering, or is it bastards of engineering?

much scrap, very steel (frame maybe lol)
Activity: 518
Double bottem and up from here.
Weekend rally starting!

Double? We were like 6 times here so far  Grin

The more often we touch this "bottom", the less its support.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
Price stopped moving, looks like game over.

Insert more coins to continue playing.

Lot's of fiat waiting on the sidelines!  Cheesy
Such famous bastions of engineering, or is it bastards of engineering?
Jump to: