Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31184. (Read 26369353 times)

N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Actually, you might be right justunravier, depending on how you want to calculate it. The latter stage of the 266 bubble was just as insane though. But it's no use to argue. This bubble is made of the same stuff as the 32 and the 266 bubble, not much difference here.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
This is Wall Thread 2.0 as well. The original was locked at 1200 pages.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Isn't it strange to see the price on btc-e surpass that on bitstamp?

bitstampUSD   468.9900
 btceUSD       476.0200

Yeh I was wondering, if this the longest thread in this forums history?  Then that got me thinking, on what is the the longest thread in any forum ever lol.  I wonder.  Anyone know?

I know of at least one forum that is (nowadays) less active than bitcointalk.org and has some threads that are longer.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Amazing how a thread can have so many post

Great work!

Yeh I was wondering, if this the longest thread in this forums history?  Then that got me thinking, on what is the the longest thread in any forum ever lol.  I wonder.  Anyone know?
And this is actually the continuation of the previous thread, which was also ridiculously long.

Back then everything was better because the page numbers didn't have a ... in the middle.

So it looked really awkward.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Great work!

And this is actually the continuation of the previous "mtgox wall observer" thread, which was also ridiculously long.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
This is not mental. This is Bitcoin.

This has happened before, it is now happening again.
The last few weeks we're increasing at rates that have not happened since early 2011.
Nope.

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Sorry, bit of a noob here but I've been lurking for a while and I'm guessing the Senate Hearing will be mainly bothered about....

Traceability
  • Exchanges tracking transactions to accounts so incoming USD can be traced within the exchange
  • Regulation allowing US authorities access to the above
  • Bitcoin movement on the blockchain (thus the "red list" proposal)

Taxation
  • How to tax profit/gains made via exchanges - would need paperwork & transaction histories to back it up though
  • Taxation of pure bitcoin transactions - bitcoin could show up in your tax return since it is becoming possible to live without USD
  • Taxation relating to sales tax - is selling someone say 1 BTC outside of an exchange taxable ?

Regulation is good in the long run but in the short term I wonder how many bitcoin holders out there will get nervous about the prospect of having to document and justify their BTC balance ? There have been thousands of BTC stolen in these early days and as time progresses it's going to be increasingly tough to cash them out without questions being asked.

Personally I'm in the uk and I'm not planning to cash out anything till the regulation is clear.
I'm a very small player though !
Feel free to shoot any/all of this down by the way, it's mainly guesswork.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Great work!

Activity: 252
This is what you get when you can't withdraw on MtGox Grin
This is just fucking mental...

I have only 2 explanations:

1. Someone knows Senate will be gentle

2: Someone want the price as higher as possible for dumping on it if Senate would not be gentle.

I don't think the Chinese (or the Europeans or anyone else for that matter) really care much about what the Senate does

Everybody cares about it as the outcome of it will have an impact on the price. Good or bad.

Its another one of those silk-road type scenarios.

-> Nobody cares about an event, except the impact that event will have on price.
-> That event will have no impact on price, unless people care about it.

It will either cause a short-term bubble (of the real variety) or a short term crash, depending on how people want to spin it this time. Unless something really weird happens like the government actually deciding on something, the long-term effect will be 0 on pretty much anything.

Mostly agree though USA going to full dick mode wold have a big impact. Don't think it will happen though, certainly not tomorrow.

I think the chances of senators doing pretty much anything at this point is currently 0. Each senator does what they think will either (A) get them more money or (B) get them more votes. Going full dick mode on Bitcoin has the potential to do neither, and even some non-bitcoiners will view it as increased government spying (read: nobody likes the NSA) which certainly won't help that senator's popularity. About the most they'll do is say stuff like "yeah, we need to make sure it doesn't allow people to buy heroin" and not actually do anything because doing something would actually take some effort.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
This is not mental. This is Bitcoin.

This has happened before, it is now happening again.
The last few weeks we're increasing at rates that have not happened since early 2011.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

2: Someone want the price as higher as possible for dumping on it if Senate would not be gentle.

I don't think the Chinese (or the Europeans or anyone else for that matter) really care much about what the Senate does

Everybody cares about it as the outcome of it will have an impact on the price. Good or bad.

-> Nobody cares about an event, except the impact that event will have on price.

It will either cause a short-term bubble (of the real variety) or a short term crash, depending on how people want to spin it this time. Unless something really weird happens like the government actually deciding on something, the long-term effect will be 0 on pretty much anything.

Mostly agree though USA going to full dick mode wold have a big impact. Don't think it will happen though, certainly not tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1218

Looks like this is buying in anticipation of the Senate hearing which big players are betting will be bullish.

The Senate hearing is bullish. Period.

No matter what they say, I say that a public senate hearing about bitcoin is already a success and its already priced in.
legendary
Activity: 867
Merit: 1337

Will it?  I beg to differ.  We'll see tomorrow I suppose.

nice gfx, but impossible to read, its merely guesing which color belongs to which exchange

http://data.bitcoinity.org/#caaaabdfaa

Yup, the colours aren't the easiest to interpret.  Might be more helpful if the smaller exchanges were all grouped into "other" and greater distinction made between the colours of the major exchanges.

The top green is gox, the bottom green is finex. The rest should be rather self explanatory.

Obviously.  But having fourteen colours in the key when the chart really only shows four major players. My geography teacher would have had a stroke.
Then only care about the players you can see?
legendary
Activity: 867
Merit: 1337

nice gfx, but impossible to read, its merely guesing which color belongs to which exchange

http://data.bitcoinity.org/#caaaabdfaa

Yup, the colours aren't the easiest to interpret.  Might be more helpful if the smaller exchanges were all grouped into "other" and greater distinction made between the colours of the major exchanges.

The top green is gox, the bottom green is finex. The rest should be rather self explanatory.

Obviously.  But having fourteen colours in the key when the chart really only shows four major players. My geography teacher would have had a stroke.

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Great work!
Jump to: