Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31185. (Read 26369339 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
no more coins on gox beyond 550. but i still have no idea how next week will play out …

$25 million on Gox on orderbook vs 12k BTC. ATH and ATL respectively. If Gox USD issues are as real as people say, the PANIC buying to move out BTC at considerable loss could be epic.
legendary
Activity: 867
Merit: 1337
This is just fucking mental...

I have only 2 explanations:

1. Someone knows Senate will be gentle

2: Someone want the price as higher as possible for dumping on it if Senate would not be gentle.

I don't think the Chinese (or the Europeans or anyone else for that matter) really care much about what the Senate does
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
This is not mental. This is Bitcoin.

This has happened before, it is now happening again.

Happening on 5$ or 50$ is different thing than on 500$.
No.

Although 50 million to 500 million is different to 500 million to 5 billion in market cap for sure.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
What the senate says makes negative difference. What makes a difference is we're nearing $532, the official doubling point from the last ATH. Lets see if we can break it.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Happening on 5$ or 50$ is different thing than on 500$.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

legendary

nice gfx, but impossible to read, its merely guesing which color belongs to which exchange

http://data.bitcoinity.org/#caaaabdfaa

Yup, the colours aren't the easiest to interpret.  Might be more helpful if the smaller exchanges were all grouped into "other" and greater distinction made between the colours of the major exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
This is just fucking mental...

I have only 2 explanations:

1. Someone knows Senate will be gentle

2: Someone want the price as higher as possible for dumping on it if Senate would not be gentle.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
Appears that USD exchanges are just getting out of the way of the chinese stampede.

It could just be that what appears to be the chinese could just be daytraders. Seriously, when I daytrade I like 0 fees, and I don't intend to withdraw USD anyway, so who cares if its yuan-denominated instead?

dont be stupid.

nice gfx, but impossible to read, its merely guesing which color belongs to which exchange

http://data.bitcoinity.org/#caaaabdfaa
Activity: 476
The old man is selling another 50 BTC.

These are premium BTC, untainted since 2011 and not on a redlist. :-)

That takes his total sold to 450 BTC or 45% of his stash.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
no more coins on gox beyond 550. but i still have no idea how next week will play out …

Looks like this is buying in anticipation of the Senate hearing which big players are betting will be bullish and then turn around to sell on the way up into the panic buying.

Yes, odd things are showing up right now. Almost a $50 divergence between Stamp and Gox. Senate hearings tomorrow.

People might be buying the rumor, but I don't think so. I don't think Gox traders are that sophisticated. The $$$ going into Gox is not from the US.

I think Stamp is bearish right now because Bitfinex ran out of buy money before this last leg up. Also, I think a lot of US traders are waiting to see the news tomorrow.

I think this goes 1 of 2 ways.

A. Either the markets react favorably tomorrow and Bitstamp has a big day

or

B. Gox is going to have a snap back
legendary
Bitcoinity still all over the place?  Very laggy and a bit strange today
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE

Looks like this is buying in anticipation of the Senate hearing which big players are betting will be bullish.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Last week was the 3rd best week in it's history.

2013-03-25: Open: 92 - Close: 142
2013-11-04: Open: 212 - Close: 367
2013-11-11: Open: 367 - Close: 461

$250 dollars in 2 weeks.

Bitcoin - Grinding bears to dust.

Set sell at 531, buy at 270. . .

How about that for bear country talk.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Sooo... who fell asleep resting his head on the "buy"-Button? Raise your hand!

you REALLY don't want to fall asleep thinking about pushing the buy button.    Wink
legendary
Activity: 1025
I notice now that Clark Moody has the whole numbers coloured yellow, that if you scroll through the order book there are only a few price points between each whole number. I guess this grouping will tighten further as the price continues to rise
Activity: 476
Last week was the 3rd best week in it's history.

2013-03-25: Open: 92 - Close: 142
2013-11-04: Open: 212 - Close: 367
2013-11-11: Open: 367 - Close: 461

$250 dollars in 2 weeks.

Bitcoin - Grinding bears to dust.
legendary
Activity: 1025
From 507 up to 517 in just a few minutes  Shocked
Jump to: