Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31990. (Read 26470871 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
about the gox vs. stamps vs. btcchina comparisons:

has anyone thought about plotting 1 day of activity of these three exchanges, in the same plot, starting at the same day -- but where the graphs start at 0% for all of them and hence show the relative movements of the price? that would answer these questions once and for all for each day where something happens. bonus: stacked bar charts for the volume at the bottom.

i actually wanted to do this, when i have a little free time. if noone does it before me Wink

+1

That would be great.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

has anyone thought about plotting 1 day of activity of these three exchanges, in the same plot, starting at the same day -- but where the graphs start at 0% for all of them and hence show the relative movements of the price? that would answer these questions once and for all for each day where something happens. bonus: stacked bar charts for the volume at the bottom.

i actually wanted to do this, when i have a little free time. if noone does it before me Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1MCKW9AkWj3aopC1aPegcZEf2fYNrhUQVf
Bitstamp has been higher only during one day in it's history (april peak).
Activity: 763

Activity: 204

Ebay is preparing to expand the range of digital currencies it accepts and said that its payments unit PayPal may one day incorporate Bitcoin. “Digital currency is going to be a very powerful thing,” John Donahoe, eBay chief executive, said in an interview with the Financial Times.

the fuck?!?

you guys probably have seen this alreay, but my jaw just dropped a little when I saw it.

They just said they're watching it, basically.  Nothing I don't think hasn't already been said.  His positive outlook on the future of "digital currencies" is nice to hear of course.
yeah true. i think i remember, didnt they say this same thing like earlier this year? i could have sworn...but yeah even ebay cant deny the beast.
Activity: 504
They're just keeping their options open, is all. Of course they won't badmouth it as a company, that would mean losing potential customers and looking like fools if they had no choice but to start accepting it in the future.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Ebay is preparing to expand the range of digital currencies it accepts and said that its payments unit PayPal may one day incorporate Bitcoin. “Digital currency is going to be a very powerful thing,” John Donahoe, eBay chief executive, said in an interview with the Financial Times.

the fuck?!?

you guys probably have seen this alreay, but my jaw just dropped a little when I saw it.

They just said they're watching it, basically.  Nothing I don't think hasn't already been said.  His positive outlook on the future of "digital currencies" is nice to hear of course.

Damn right it's nice to hear. The ignored us and now they're not fighting us but flirting a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

the fuck?!?

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

the fuck?!?

legendary
Activity: 854
I've never seen Gox ask sum this low (25K ATM).  Must mean something.

It means imminent crash to single digits  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin
 Cool

Cheesy
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
It means imminent crash to single digits
We've now gone more than a year since trading in the single digit range (2012-10-27).

Maybe you should update your trolling to double digit doom predictions?
Activity: 686
Ultranode

It means imminent crash to single digits  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin
 Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
I've never seen Gox ask sum this low (25K ATM).  Must mean something.

Means people would rather have btc than gox dollarz...  no shock there. Btw fuck gox Grin
Yep. There's been a lot of good opportunities to get funds to other exchanges -- inter-exchange spread closed in a lot for a while and still much improved from a couple weeks ago. Some people still want some Gox bucks, though.  Smiley
Activity: 223
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1168
The situation is a bit more complicated these days than "mtgox still leading" or "gox is dead".

In the past weeks, several rallies were lead by exchanges other than gox. On most days, gox volume is actually lower than that on bitstamp, for example. But once in a while, like now, when a big move starts, gox is still at the center of attention: they do have the market depth (and deep pockets and experience of traders on the exchange) that no other exchange matches so far.

See what I mean? Gox is almost certainly not the only relevant exchange these days. Ignoring what bitstamp or btc china does will cost you money. But on the other hand, gox is still in a unique position, and it is not wrong to say that, more often than not, you're well advised to watch what is going on there.

One more remark: I got the impression that, in the recent past, gox did in fact lead several *rallies*, but bitstamp was quite successful in *stopping* them (i.e. when gox price went too far ahead, and bitstamp was only reluctant to follow, it went down  again on gox)

Ya, good points.  Stamp does have some "stopping power" to kind of snap Gox back down when it doesn't follow.  It be can a sort of chess match of who caves first when the difference is larger than usual.  Will Stamp snap up or will Gox eventually snap back down.  With Stamp's increasing influence (and I suspect Coinbase, indirectly), it's been less likely to just follow Gox without forethought.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
The situation is a bit more complicated these days than "mtgox still leading" or "gox is dead".

In the past weeks, several rallies were lead by exchanges other than gox. On most days, gox volume is actually lower than that on bitstamp, for example. But once in a while, like now, when a big move starts, gox is still at the center of attention: they do have the market depth (and deep pockets and experience of traders on the exchange) that no other exchange matches so far.

See what I mean? Gox is almost certainly not the only relevant exchange these days. Ignoring what bitstamp or btc china does will cost you money. But on the other hand, gox is still in a unique position, and it is not wrong to say that, more often than not, you're well advised to watch what is going on there.

One more remark: I got the impression that, in the recent past, gox did in fact lead several *rallies*, but bitstamp was quite successful in *stopping* them (i.e. when gox price went too far ahead, and bitstamp was only reluctant to follow, it went down  again on gox)
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
Jump to: