Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31993. (Read 26470934 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 501
So why is not ebay already using bitcoins?
And what about Amazon?

Thoughts?

EDIT: FinCEN guidance was clearly not touching them!
my theory is that big players like amazon, apple, microsoft, google
will integrate btc only indirectly in exchange for their own coinsystem to profit from higher dependance of customers.
(imo amazoncoin and apple's patent for "imoney" are a first look-out towards that strategy)
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
People are buying in anticipation for next week. Totally expected this move. Expect dumps when the price doesn't move upward next week.
ssssssttttt

edit: Why is CNY/BTC removed from Bitcoinwisdom?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Ask sum under 30,000 on gox and not replenishing... This is danger territory.
Activity: 504
People are buying in anticipation for next week. Totally expected this move. Expect dumps when the price doesn't move upward next week.
Wall at 215 is history now, on to 216 and beyond.
Well, that escalated quickly.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Volume is picking up.

Edit: China!

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Rally starting at gox? Tomorrow should be really interesting Smiley
Activity: 504
Paypal already said back in april they were watching bitcoin.
Wall at 215 is history now, on to 216 and beyond.
legendary
Activity: 1498
So why is not ebay already using bitcoins?
And what about Amazon?

Thoughts?

EDIT: FinCEN guidance was clearly not touching them!
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Seems like Paypal (owned by eBay) is now officially considering Bitcoin:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1pt5aa/ebay_to_expand_the_range_of_digital_currencies_it/

"Watching it," is not the same as considering it.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

I would give 62/38 that it will go up. Yeah, that is pretty strong..

What does 62/38 mean?

odds

61.8% and 31.2% are typical fibonnaci numbers

Yup. Beat me to it. Any trader worth his salt would see it and know.

Omg patterns everywhere, so it must be true
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
62/38 is actually conservative, considering that (in Mt.Gox) any random week has in 64% probability been positive, only 36% negative.

Serious stuff...
Top before Christmas?
350?
500?
1000?

(Stamp price)

245 but with a 20% correction between now an then.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1MCKW9AkWj3aopC1aPegcZEf2fYNrhUQVf
legendary
Activity: 2100

I would give 62/38 that it will go up. Yeah, that is pretty strong..

What does 62/38 mean?

odds

61.8% and 31.2% are typical fibonnaci numbers
legendary
62/38 is actually conservative, considering that (in Mt.Gox) any random week has in 64% probability been positive, only 36% negative.

Serious stuff...
Top before Christmas?
350?
500?
1000?

(Stamp price)

Is it really necessary to say "stamp price" Huh Considering that Gox price would be...
360?
512?
1015?
LOL.
And considering coinbase has been just under Gox (at least earlier this week it was), so now the "Goxbux" fanatics don't have any more ammo (since anyone with "goxbux" can sell on CB for 3% under)

It's like we haven't had spread between exchanges for the entire history of bitcoin! It's like people are just discovering it now... I remember when BitFloor was a whole $5-$10 over Gox and no one was whining about "BitFloorBux" and how "BF price is fake!" Grin
Well the thread is not title after MtGox any more, so I think it is useful to clarify.
Do you think it will be more difficult to break 266$ on Gox or Stamp?
Indulge me...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Serious stuff...
Top before Christmas?
350?
500?
1000?

(Stamp price)

Is it really necessary to say "stamp price" Huh Considering that Gox price would be...
360?
512?
1015?
LOL.
And considering coinbase has been just under Gox (at least earlier this week it was), so now the "Goxbux" fanatics don't have any more ammo (since anyone with "goxbux" can sell on CB for 3% under)

It's like we haven't had spread between exchanges for the entire history of bitcoin! It's like people are just discovering it now... I remember when BitFloor was a whole $5-$10 over Gox and no one was whining about "BitFloorBux" and how "BF price is fake!" Grin Then, it was a normal spread due to multiple factors. But when Gox is higher, it must be a fake price, cuz... Gox! A [not huge, but] significant portion of Gox memberbase CAN get their $$ out - the whales, and the folks with Japanese bank accounts. So I think the "Gox effect" is overstated.
legendary

Serious stuff...
Top before Christmas?
350?
500?
1000?

(Stamp price)
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Serious stuff...
legendary
I like very much ripple as a transaction platform - way better than bitcoin but a lot less anonymous, can be confiscated more easily, not good store of value etc.
Given that list, in what way is Ripple better than Bitcoin?

"This guy is the world's best surgeon, except that he routinely amputates the wrong limbs, operates drunk, and is also blind."
Ever paid a service (like Private Internet Access VPN) with Ripple?
Heck, it even puts LTC into shame...
Jump to: