Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32266. (Read 26474088 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Who's there?
it would appear Stamps has made similar changes.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-new-verification-requirements/

as of the 30th you'll need to be registered to withdraw bitcoin or cash.
Wow! It seems the foundation's meeting with three-letter-agencies guys wasn't fruitless. Another meeting or two and KYC&AML will be integrated into the bitcoin protocol. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
The Rghost URL in that 'announcement' is hosting links to malware according to this scan: http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/242dad2d77c4199bdd3a0b70f5b8ab6b-1380140842

Of course though encryption software often causes false positives when scanning for malware, but I'm not going to click it whilst I'm still running Windows anyway, maybe I'll boot from a live Linux distro CD and check it out later just for curiosity's sake.

twas trolling... but thanks for that!
I guessed that, but I thought I'd give it a quick scan anyway
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
The Rghost URL in that 'announcement' is hosting links to malware according to this scan: http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/242dad2d77c4199bdd3a0b70f5b8ab6b-1380140842

Of course though encryption software often causes false positives when scanning for malware, but I'm not going to click it whilst I'm still running Windows anyway, maybe I'll boot from a live Linux distro CD and check it out later just for curiosity's sake.

twas trolling... but thanks for that!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked

legendary
Activity: 1168
the big news will be you can fund your second market account with bitcoins

The big news will be that, in fact, there is no big news.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the big news will be you can fund your second market account with bitcoins
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
As long as the announcement doesn't include 10M$ extra on the bid sum at Gox, I don't give a damn.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
The "big news" trope is a bit played out don't ya know...

I don't think I've ever seen an upcoming "big news" announcement live up to expectation, but there is always that distant hope...

Grin
I think it all started with the announcement of an announcement thing.
legendary
The "big news" trope is a bit played out don't ya know...

I don't think I've ever seen an upcoming "big news" announcement live up to expectation, but there is always that distant hope...

Grin
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Cup and handle formed? Supposedly some "big news" coming out public tomorrow, though I have my doubts on who it is "big" to.

Where do you see the cup and handle? 1day candles?
legendary
Cup and handle formed? Supposedly some "big news" coming out public tomorrow, though I have my doubts on who it is "big" to.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
From what I remember, you don't have to send any documents to Japan to withdraw BTC though, just send support a copy of your ID and such.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
What bugs me is the fact that I'll have to get a passport or provincial age-of-majority card (at the age of 65) just to get back what is mine. This is almost as ridiculous as being IDed at the Skydome to buy a beer when I was 60 years old. At that time I simply went to a different kiosk. This requires a lot more fuss and expense.

Good to see drug dealers still working at 65. I guess it isn't as dangerous now that we're in a deleveraging.

You mean the guy selling beer?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Well, I was only trying to withdraw 10 bitcoins.

For your illegal drug operation apparently.

What bugs me is the fact that I'll have to get a passport or provincial age-of-majority card (at the age of 65) just to get back what is mine. This is almost as ridiculous as being IDed at the Skydome to buy a beer when I was 60 years old. At that time I simply went to a different kiosk. This requires a lot more fuss and expense.

Good to see drug dealers still working at 65. I guess it isn't as dangerous now that we're in a deleveraging.
Activity: 514
mtgox did this with me about 6 months ago so its nothing new, I had about 8 btc that had been deposited as btc a few years previously and they wouldnt let me withdraw them as btc, I went thru the motions, had to fake some of it because i didnt have the right documents, but I dont think they care about that, as long as it all looks ok you should be fine
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 11
Well, I was only trying to withdraw 10 bitcoins.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
lol@ all the drug dealers complaining about Gox's minimal and reasonable verification requirements. Don't like it? Go use another exchange that will inevitably get shut down for money laundering.
uyo
Activity: 36
I took the majority of my funds off Gox a while ago but keep a coin or two there to play with. I have an unverified account, and to test out this FUD I just withdrew 0.145 BTC with no problems. Right now the transaction is still unconfirmed. Edit: It is now confirmed in my other wallet.

https://blockchain.info/tx/64d5580f5b133c2fffde6dc3f693b23fb14400834eb1d5847b0f4e2684cd356d

perhaps they have a threshold. if you're withdrawing more than XXX coins (worth $XXX USD), then you must be verified.

speculating.

It used to be up to 100 BTC daily. But JimboToronto now says he is unable to withdraw 50 without the verification. So they changed requirements, and I speculate there might be varying conditions upon which Gox decides what verification bullshit is required for a customer. Like country of residence, desired deposit/withdrawal method, and amount you wish to deposit/withdraw. There are 3 levels of account status - unverified, verified and trusted - the last one is with notarized and translated documents, but this used to be required only for big transactions.
Jump to: