Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32363. (Read 26469917 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
the syria situation won't do jack shit to the going rate of bitcoin.
it's still too obscure for that, anyone else thinking otherwise is retarded

can someone tell me why they are fighting...

why do they want this  President Bashar al-Assad, to quit

and why does President Bashar al-Assad feel he is so important that people should die rather then he step down.

also wtf does the US have to do with this? i mean why are they invloed, what in it for them

i'm going to start and OT thread...

oh ok...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

why do they want this  President Bashar al-Assad, to quit

and why does President Bashar al-Assad feel he is so important that people should die rather then he step down.

also wtf does the US have to do with this? i mean why are they invloed, what in it for them

Good questions. I think Assad doesn't want to bow down to the demands of terrorists. It's not the Syrian people who are demanding Assad to step down. It's all just a big geo-political game.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
from the picture you posted. Nice website -> http://www.stratfor.com/

Nothing about bitcoin.. yet !

Thanks!
Activity: 514
Merit: 500

About people being retarded, that is quite harsh. This is the speculation subsection and so we are. I am absolutely bullish and totally in, but have some doubts due those speculations and so i wonder what do you guys think. I really value other opinions. Even if i were not bullish this is not talking against bitcoin, just speculating.

Hope you are right and they don't care.

Cyprus crisis had quite a nice impact on bitcoin valuation. Was another time though and the market was incredibly less stable but with a Syrian crisis oil might increase its value a lot. And gold has increased a lot and stocks went down since the Syrian crisis started.

Any more opinions, even if "retarded" for someone?

Thanks

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
@WiRED
People is holding breath for news on Syria probably.

Again, it might have some serious implications. People is used right now to a very cosmopolitan world but a two sided world on war could turn things to the radicalism everywhere. Controlled internet. Countries issuing laws about properties of the other contenders (btc-e, btcchina, mtgox, bitstamp) or if not, people of those countries might be scared to put their assets in those exchanges. Oil might skyrocket, hyperinflation. Gold might skyrocket, stocks plummet. ASICMINER shares being lost if westerner? Probably not, but what will the other side do?

There have been very hard warnings on both sides, specially on Iran/Syria/Russia/China, talking of massive counterattacks if any attack from the US. In Israel people in masse is buying gas masks.

Don't know maybe people is not thinking so much about investing on anything right now.

Meanwhile somewhere in Russia 9,569BTC mined since 2013-08-12 Russian private pool ahead of China's Asicminer

or maybe it's just a javascript counter

Not counter :-)))) IF that would be counter - then blocks won't be mined of course :-))))

That are our chips of course!

Owners of ghash.io (guys who created this pool for us) said that they sent support ticket to block chain, but ghash.io is not added.

I think it's pretty dumb not to have pool that will be N1 (now we're N2) pool soon to charts. It is right now 100 TH/s - and only some of earlier customers got their devices. Soon when we'll send out all of the devices, if people wish it may add up another 170 TH/s. Khm... it's pretty dumb to ignore this moment, as charts becomes not informing.

http://blockchain.info/ru/address/1CjPR7Z5ZSyWk6WtXvSFgkptmpoi4UM9BC

It is even easier to track these blocks by wallet, than with IP address. They're not hiding master wallet.

So if this can be pushed forward - it would be nice.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

Activity: 504
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
People is holding breath for news on Syria probably.

Again, it might have some serious implications. People is used right now to a very cosmopolitan world but a two sided world on war could turn things to the radicalism everywhere. Controlled internet. Countries issuing laws about properties of the other contenders (btc-e, btcchina, mtgox, bitstamp) or if not, people of those countries might be scared to put their assets in those exchanges. Oil might skyrocket, hyperinflation. Gold might skyrocket, stocks plummet. ASICMINER shares being lost if westerner? Probably not, but what will the other side do?

There have been very hard warnings on both sides, specially on Iran/Syria/Russia/China, talking of massive counterattacks if any attack from the US. In Israel people in masse is buying gas masks.

Don't know maybe people is not thinking so much about investing on anything right now.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
Thursday morn and 24hr volume is laughable. If this does not rocket by the afternoon, I will pronounce bitcoin dead.

people are patiently waiting for someone to sell some coins, I'd ignore volume untill someone is brave enough to test support at 125

Thursday is typically one if not highest volume day of the week. If support not tested today, don't count on it for a long time.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Thursday morn and 24hr volume is laughable. If this does not rocket by the afternoon, I will pronounce bitcoin dead.

people are patiently waiting for someone to sell some coins, I'd ignore volume untill someone is brave enough to test support at 125
Activity: 686
Ultranode
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Once you think you know where things are going, a huge whale will splash in out of nowhere and change everything.

Yeah, this whale driven price trend sucks.

Yeah, I know, right? Totally artificial (as you said a day or so ago). We should just ignore it and buy coins at lower prices.

I may have an answer for you. After looking again at the recent history, I believe there is one smart whale that started the
last rally to 130+, with a whale buy of about 8k BTC that smashed through the 125 resistance level ( up to 126 ).
Other smaller and slower whales followed, and then some panic buyers. The smart whale has already sold at least 4k BTC
around the 130 price, he positioned his sell orders almost one day before starting the rally ( saw this in the ask sum graph ).
This operation ( repeated ) is an efficient way to pump up the price without losing money. As for the final target of the smart whale,
it's to dump big at a higher price IMO. I have no idea what's his final price - at which he would dump big.
The smart whale could be one of you early adopters, with activity in the hundreds in this forum and ( tens of ? ) thousands of coins.
And he would hate to see his MO uncovered. About what to do in order to better adapt to his strategy, I don't know.
The smart whale covers his actions behind normal market movements, he just triggers them a bit sooner and stronger.
legendary
Activity: 532
at the risk of getting slaughtered here, does no one feel the price is being propped up? don't get me wrong i've been well wrong since July consistently but I dont see unabashed demand for bitcoins, i see huge buys at 4 AM UK time when the US is starting to go to bed and massive bid walls appearing as has been the case it seems from 75 onwards.

I am just curious as to how far this will go, clearly there is little trading activity at these new prices and those walls propping up the price if they dissapeared we would find ourselves at 120 again in no time flat.

Just curious if I'm reading this wrong and this is actually huge demand / paradigm shift.  To me it seems like a giant bet on which way the whales will go next.
Hmmm.....Whales can only Dive,lol!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
What will happen if US starts the proxy war against Russia & China?

Big movement but in what direction. Some possible implications?:

Possible gold & bitcoin running up?
Possible massive selloff of $ by the chinese state?
ASICMINER (China) consequences for western customers?
BTC-e consequences for western customers?
Bitstamp & MtGox consequences for Russia & China customers?

Huge movements i guess.

Any opinions?

I <3 all bitcoiners, no matter on what soil they are standing.
legendary
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
at the risk of getting slaughtered here, does no one feel the price is being propped up? don't get me wrong i've been well wrong since July consistently but I dont see unabashed demand for bitcoins, i see huge buys at 4 AM UK time when the US is starting to go to bed and massive bid walls appearing as has been the case it seems from 75 onwards.

I am just curious as to how far this will go, clearly there is little trading activity at these new prices and those walls propping up the price if they dissapeared we would find ourselves at 120 again in no time flat.

Just curious if I'm reading this wrong and this is actually huge demand / paradigm shift.  To me it seems like a giant bet on which way the whales will go next.

Right now the market is in control by the few. I do not believe this is a paradigm shift as nothing has happened to warrant it. People may think that they can play in the whales wake (and they may be successful) but ultimately the will of the few will dictate where we go in the short term.
Jump to: