Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32367. (Read 26469953 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
out of topic.

How is possible that we still have BFL ads on bitcointalk??
Freedom_lol of speech Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

It's gonna crash!!!!

no way in hell, it will continue to rise, faster and faster, indefinitely!  Grin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think ShroomKit is a little too relax.

Let me defuse the situation...

"It's gonna crash!!!!"

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Activity: 371
out of topic.

why not?

some companies follow the ethic some others not and some are at the borderline. There are many customers that feel scammed and somewhere in the forums there is a thread with 35 pages talking about suing them in kansas. Just hope they don't demotivate any newcomer or that they cause government to interfere more than needed

We need a scammer tag for ads. That would be an innovation!

I am a software publisher myself and I can choose what ads I do not want at least with some of the companies I work with that pay me to display their ads
legendary
Activity: 280
out of topic.

why not?

some companies follow the ethic some others not and some are at the borderline. There are many customers that feel scammed and somewhere in the forums there is a thread with 35 pages talking about suing them in kansas. Just hope they don't demotivate any newcomer or that they cause government to interfere more than needed

We need a scammer tag for ads. That would be an innovation!
out of topic.

why not?

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
out of topic.

why not?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
one, at the moment the price is low (300 to 400M USD), but *interest* to attack btc directly is also comparably low. That might chance as btc becomes more established, but then the *price* will also be higher.

That price of attack is overestimated by factor 10 or even more.

Even by buying ASICMINER Blades (and he sells them still with large profit), you can get 1GH for 0.3 BTC. So 1 TH is for 300 BTC, 600 TH to ride 51% attack is for 20 million USD. THAT CHEAP.

The above price is assuming the attacker is acting with own economics in mind. NSA or others do not have to act this way.

If someone aquires 51 % hashpower and continues with the same protocol, it is not really an attack, is it? If that someone changes the protocol to something obviously worse, a real bitcoin fork can continue as before, can it not?

anyone can alter the protocol without any hashing power whatsoever.

and yes, the real fork will continue...

out of topic.

one, at the moment the price is low (300 to 400M USD), but *interest* to attack btc directly is also comparably low. That might chance as btc becomes more established, but then the *price* will also be higher.

Even by buying ASICMINER Blades (and he sells them still with large profit), you can get 1GH for 0.3 BTC. So 1 TH is for 300 BTC, 600 TH to ride 51% attack is for 20 million USD. THAT CHEAP.

The above price is assuming the attacker is acting with own economics in mind. NSA or others do not have to act this way.

If someone aquires 51 % hashpower and continues with the same protocol, it is not really an attack, is it? If that someone changes the protocol to something obviously worse, a real bitcoin fork can continue as before, can it not?
Bitcoin will continue to rise steadily, and reach a new all time high right before the new year.
I hope so too, but why do you have the need to say it out loud as a prediction?

Otherwise I commend you for stating it as a factual prediction, compared to others who might say it's going down in the short to medium term, which is nothing.
Activity: 531
Merit: 505

Bitcoin will continue to rise steadily, and reach a new all time high right before the new year.
I hope so too, but why do you have the need to say it out loud as a prediction?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
BTW, 66% of my trading stash joined the "investment stash" on a paper wallet. I sold the remaining 33% at $120 and requested a withdrawal to try some arbitrage with Bitstamp... The money didn't arrived to my account yet, so after the last rally my arbitraging move isn't looking too good ATM.

I don't understand this move. The best way to arbitrage is to buy bitcoins on Bitstamp and sell them on Gox, doing it the other way around like you did carries a huge amount of risk since you have to wait for the funds to arrive from Gox first. Why did you try it this way? Huh
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
AND ShroomsKit, RELAX!

Shroomsy got anxious? That's a bearish signal for sure Cheesy

Too bad I have him on ignore, I will un-ignore him right now.... No harsh feelings shroomsy.
Jump to: