Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32460. (Read 26471274 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Just thought of something.
If Gox really had liquidity problems and were in need of cash to dig themselves out, they wouldn't just badmouth their ability to handle deposits (like they did in their latest update), on the contrary they would promote it. I think they have more problems than they'd like to admit though.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
one-way tickets to da' moon will be sold out soon!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
seems the 1K wall has been pulled... do not be a fool, BUY UP ALL THE BITCOINS while you still can!  Cheesy
Activity: 756
trading is very erratic today.  the gap between bitstamp and gox is expanding which is worrying - with strings of IPOs recently launched, maybe we'll see the gap between the 2 sides continue to grow and maybe a downturn in prices?  thoughts?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hey avatrade somehow made metatrader work?

Due to this I come to you with this 1-week delayed analysis:

Nothing is happening.

(In other news, my EUR/USD strategy appears to work for the most part on Bitcoin as well.)
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

Cheesy made me think of this guy

Ok, I just had to quote this. That's the guy from Monkey Island, right?

Edit: Yes, it's Stan.
also took me some minutes until i remembered his name  Smiley
your avatar is from "day of the tentacle" right?
*sigh* yea the good old times...
vip
Merit: 503
Another day at the office trading the Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Nice 104.67!  Cheesy

the action today has made it pretty clear the downtrend is done!

which is sad in a way, because sure I covered all my shorts and i'm ready to ride the bull again, but i was hoping to have an opportunity to buy more  Sad

people were promising < 50$ bitcoin ... thats the dream!

You are the dreamer!  Wink   Adam 4 dreamer.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
War of the Competing Walls, finally also on bitstamp.

Can't we combine the two discussions somehow? Doesn't make much sense IMO to have two threads to do live discussions of trades & walls, when they really need to be looked at together.

Approved for a merger

+1 on a general Wall Observer
PS: Adam 4 president
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Nice 104.67!  Cheesy

the action today has made it pretty clear the downtrend is done!

which is sad in a way, because sure I covered all my shorts and i'm ready to ride the bull again, but i was hoping to have an opportunity to buy more  Sad

people were promising < 50$ bitcoin ... thats the dream!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Why are we having a rally just after this dump? Doesn't make sense to me, it may take the price above 106... Weird...

I know, it is just making me mad that I didnt buy at $101.
the bid sum dropped quite a bid earlier today.  but given no one can get their money out of gox, it's rather just people sitting on the sideline.  looks like they are content with a $3 drop and start picking up coins.  ask sum is now dropping again
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
I also sold before the dump and bought at an average of 102.4 (101.2 would have been nice, but seemed risky),
and now the bid sum / ask sum points towards 106, with a possible overshoot to 107, that would be higher than
the start of the dump. I'll just have to watch how this unfolds and draw conclusions later.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Why are we having a rally just after this dump? Doesn't make sense to me, it may take the price above 106... Weird...

Why? I sold alot at 105-106 and I don't think we're going below 100, so I bought most of it back at 102-103.
Also the bid sum went from ~11m up to 13m, which looks like quite an uptrend to me.
legendary

A close look at the chart history shows that there is nothing weird about it. It seems to happen with regularity.

If this rally in progress takes the price above 106, I'll be confused, because it won't match the Elliot sub-wave theory.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

The dump was not a panicky one. We did not see 99. So its correcting now. Also its super easy to bring price up, as sell walls are small.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

I agree we needed a drop to get people to start buying again. But I don't think a $5 drop is anywhere near enough. Many people out there were expecting to see 50 on the last drop and we never made it there. Not saying we do this time, but with the dead volume before the drop, it looks like interest (outside of wales) at these levels is not that high.

What do you use to determine someone as a whale? or (wale)?  Because someone doesn't buy 2k+ at one go on gox doesn't mean they're not interested in bitcoin and have a bunch of cash they'll use to buy btc or invest in btc related companies?

This thread makes me want to bang my head against a fucking wall.

You should really not be offended by others opinions differing than yours. And, don't let words get to you. We all have different perspectives.

To your question - When you see orders coming in for more money than most of us make in a quite a few years (e.g. $500,000) = wale. No matter what the chart looks like, they can turn the market. BUT, they (obviously wealthy people) are using TA for their entry points.

If the price isn't moving up, there is no interest at the moment. Do you want to argue that? OK, I think when there is interest the demand goes up as does the price. I don't have much money but I've tried to buy things in BTC. I've put some money into mining (mostly to help the cause, and really just hoping to break even). So, I think I get the "invest in btc related companies" part.

What I was saying is the small guys don't move BTC much. They have to act in tandem to do that. But one or two big guys can move the market and do. What I think is that they hope their large buys get others jumping on board. But that hasn't appeared to be the case lately. That was my point in a sense. Weird that you reacted the way you did.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
i'm going to start keeping track of bitcoins that need to be bought to break 180
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep track of the USD required to spend?
ill do both.

Today one can Buy 67,890 BTC for 8,753,997.87 USD which will drive the price up to 180, The buyer would have an avg price of 128.94$ if he was smart enough to buy today.

Do both in your notepad and stop spreading your dreamwishes.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
i'm going to start keeping track of bitcoins that need to be bought to break 180
Wouldn't it make more sense to keep track of the USD required to spend?
ill do both.

Today one can Buy 67,890 BTC for 8,753,997.87 USD which will drive the price up to 180, The buyer would have an avg price of 128.94$ if he was smart enough to buy today.
Jump to: