Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32464. (Read 26471311 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seriously, if chartbuddy cant pull data for all points consistently, it has zero value. Its had missing points [and a lot of them] lately.

Please feel free to forward your complaints to MtGox for unless their API actually supplies the points, ChartBuddy has no way of obtaining them by telepathy.

There was a gap yesterday. The storms had knocked out power. ChartBuddy is on a UPS but when the internet is out, again, no telepathy.

Large gaps arent a big deal. Its the small ones that make a potentially useful chart useless.

Cant it try to poll a set again, if the first one failed, a few seconds later?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Seriously, if chartbuddy cant pull data for all points consistently, it has zero value. Its had missing points [and a lot of them] lately.

Please feel free to forward your complaints to MtGox for unless their API actually supplies the points, ChartBuddy has no way of obtaining them by telepathy.

There was a gap yesterday. The storms had knocked out power. ChartBuddy is on a UPS but when the internet is out, again, no telepathy.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
mtgox, obviously. given the latest developments, it's time to start qualifying statements like that Cheesy

Possibly in other threads...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I missed an opportunity: should have let the whale hit me at 101.2, but who knew where it would stop?
And who knew there would be someone willing to buy 700+ BTC at 104 $ after that?
Anyway, I believe that once the small rebound loses steam and the downtrend continues, the whale will
proceed with another dump, because he doesn't want someone else to harvest 'his' buy orders.

You probably scream everytime the price switches between 102.X and 103.5 spread?

lol!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
I missed an opportunity: should have let the whale hit me at 101.2, but who knew where it would stop?
And who knew there would be someone willing to buy 700+ BTC at 104 $ after that?
Anyway, I believe that once the small rebound loses steam and the downtrend continues, the whale will
proceed with another dump, because he doesn't want someone else to harvest 'his' buy orders.

You probably scream everytime the price switches between 102.X and 103.5 spread?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
If I were the dumper (I'm not!) then the best strategy is to break the 100 $ psychological barrier and let the market do the rest.
That assuming the dumper wants to buy back later much cheaper.

Yup, I never understand why they don't do just that. Or maybe there is some strategy of false hopes for a better effect -> dump -> let it go back up a bit -> crush newly formed support and break 100

False hopes, yes, but just to harvest more $ from those who believe the dump is over.
I am apprehensive right now, I have a feeling that it's not over yet, but we'll see.

Over till evening.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
If I were the dumper (I'm not!) then the best strategy is to break the 100 $ psychological barrier and let the market do the rest.

Yup, I never understand why they don't do just that. Or maybe there is some strategy of false hopes for a better effect -> dump -> let it go back up a bit -> crush newly formed support and break 100

False hopes, yes, but just to harvest more $ from those who believe the dump is over.
I am apprehensive right now, I have a feeling that it's not over yet, but we'll see.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Anyone have a link to bitstamp wall movement thread? Smiley Feel that's where our energy should be directed finally.

Edit: Bitstamp only 7% lower market share than Gox! "Over 80% of bitcoin trade".....lel
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I did insert my username and password correctly, but I did not get into my account. Then it said "You're blocked for 24 hours, too many attempts". I did write to support, what else can I do than just wait for 24 h and try to again recover my password or if they reply to my message? I have OTP so I don't think possible hacker can withdraw my money, but I can't trade myself either and I did though that I would buy and now I can't...

My dollars are still stuck in gox. I can't login and they have not yet fixed the problem. They said there have not been any transactions so my dollars are "safe" but I can't trade... so if the trend starts to go up I will lose money.

Problem is that my ip is blocked because of too many attemps to login. They can reset it, but that's useless because login still does not accept my username & password. And if I try to recover my password, I cant because my ip is blocked. That block they can't reset instantly, but their development team is doing the best they can (nice bs). They have said that the problem is in their end so my attempted password is correct.

I have been bombing them with messages, but after four days they still haven't fixed this problem... These kind of problems are not the ones you should be facing when dealing with the biggest BTC exchange.

Can't you just go to another internet connection - public wifi - to prove or disprove the ip block excuse?
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
I think it's time to have a quick trip into the nineties, high eighties within a few days.
This unless we see a prompt reaction today.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Bitcoinity is out of order with respect to the walls, I was recommended trading.i286.org (google it, don't click on links).

looks good, but seems like it *only* shows mtgox orderbook and price chart. so doesn't really replace bitcoinity for me.

There is http://bitcointicker.co/
which is a bitcoinity clone, it does weird  things right now too, but at least it doesn't hang like bitcoinity does.

looks good to me. thanks.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
1.2k at 102, will it bounce off it or will it be eaten?  Huh

1.2k moved to 101  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Bitcoinity is out of order with respect to the walls, I was recommended trading.i286.org (google it, don't click on links).

looks good, but seems like it *only* shows mtgox orderbook and price chart. so doesn't really replace bitcoinity for me.

There is http://bitcointicker.co/
which is a bitcoinity clone, it does weird  things right now too, but at least it doesn't hang like bitcoinity does.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

Jump to: