Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32501. (Read 26471757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
after some chart reading, i can clearly see that the up trend will resume in a few hours!  Cool

dont make any plans this weekend

and fill up on popcorn!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
There has to be a way to arbitrage and take advantage of this $10 difference in price! Just sitting around and watching this opportunity is making me sick.

only if you have a shitload of cash somewhere in a bank account or something, and are willing to leave it on Gox until they come up with faster withdrawals.

That's the only solution I can see. But then you increase your exposure risk.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

[...]

Sure, it was only supposed to be indicative.

The volume has fallen at each buying period. The below shows it more clearly:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Not being snarky, but honestly wondering: That H+S pattern didn't materialize, right? Or is there something like a double right shoulder?!

Correct. Even a perfectly formed H+S pattern may not complete, but statistically, it usually does.

I played the head and the right shoulder and made a small profit, but the dip after the right shoulder didn't materialise.

you couldn't resist telling us about your profit huh?  Cheesy
Activity: 504
There has to be a way to arbitrage and take advantage of this $10 difference in price! Just sitting around and watching this opportunity is making me sick.

only if you have a shitload of cash somewhere in a bank account or something, and are willing to leave it on Gox until they come up with faster withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I already described it:
You buy the dips on bitstamp or btc-e then sell the tops. Keep the profit in BTC, send it to gox and sell there.
Rinse & repeat & accumulate.

But you have to sell the tops at Gox and you won't be able to cash out before Christmas. lol

There is bound to be a catch...
legendary

I already described it:
You buy the dips on bitstamp or btc-e then sell the tops. Keep the profit in BTC, send it to gox and sell there.

But you have to sell the tops at Gox and you won't be able to cash out before Christmas. lol
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I already described it:
Activity: 756

It's not true arbitrage as money does not flow freely out of gox.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
this 'head and shoulders' you are debating about seems allot like the 'head and shoulders' a few people identified a couple of weeks ago with a similar upwards slant:

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
@prof7bit

I guess you're asking Traktion, since he suggested the pattern, but even though I didn't agree with him, your "find in less than 2 minutes" criterion is a bit unfair. Depending on how well trained you are, it could take you 30 seconds or 20 minutes to find a pattern, irrespective of whether it is really there or not.

When Traktion first posted, he also had a 15 min view. I'm not experienced in determining candlestick patterns, but I *could* see how (on the 15 min view) a left shoulder and a head had materialized, and a right shoulder was possibly forming.

I mainly disagreed because of the volume acting atypical.
Activity: 938
https://youengine.io/

[...]

Not being snarky, but honestly wondering: That H+S pattern didn't materialize, right? Or is there something like a double right shoulder?!
A H&S pattern is only valid if everybody can see it in the chart immediately (without having to stare at the chart for 2 Minutes and then still not seeing anything even remotely looking like a H&S). Where exactly do you see a H&S in the above chart?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

[...]

Correct. Even a perfectly formed H+S pattern may not complete, but statistically, it usually does.

I played the head and the right shoulder and made a small profit, but the dip after the right shoulder didn't materialise.
Jump to: