Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32508. (Read 26471861 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
Bearing that hindrance in mind, here's my prediction for BTC for the next 90 days:

Up down up up down up down up down up down down down up up down up up up up up down sideways.

i'll take that as a hold (or buy if you're not in already)
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"
It is also possible that this rise is a bull trap.

I find the terms 'bull trap' and 'bear trap' meaningless. It's so obvious that you need to consider these things when day-trading. That the price might retrace after going up or down too much.

As humans, our sense of narrative drives everything we do or feel, often to the detriment of being able to objectively analyse the facts.

Basically, we like to make a nice story to sum up what's happened to make it easy to remember and learn from.

Bearing that hindrance in mind, here's my prediction for BTC for the next 90 days:

Up down up up down up down up down up down down down up up down up up up up up down sideways.
legendary
I'm on a big psilocybin and DMT research binge again right now.  Funny how it came up in this thread at the same time.
Nice. Any bitcoin-related insights? I tried watching bitlisten.com on cubensis, but didn't feel any connectness or anything so left that pretty quickly.

this is probably the funniest thing i've read on here  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
It's also a good feeling that it's not needed to keep fiat in GOX anymore. IDK would bitstamp be better?

Is that a rhetorical question?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's also a good feeling that it's not needed to keep fiat in GOX anymore. IDK would bitstamp be better?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Sold at 90 and bought at 110.

I think I'm doing it wrong.

I disagree. You had some Bitcoins at $90, now you have some Bitcoins at $110. Winning.

Yeah. I got very lucky trading when I first started and that was before I knew anything.

Now the 'more educated' me has failed time after time. I'm switching to buy and hold and in it for the long term. Smiley Trading ain't my game!
Good choice methinks on the whole - and welcome to the club Smiley  Assuming bitcoin isn't on a terminal decline likelihood is the overall direction will continue to be up therefore other than at such times as the recent downward trend when trading can be used to increase btc holding you have to be both very good and very lucky to make more trading than you would by simply holding over the long term.  The reason for this is in an uptrend you need to buy your fiat just before a bitcoin price dip and buy your bitcoins back just before it rises again otherwise you've lost.

start small and learn from your mistakes!! trading provides invaluable insights
This is another aspect of course - the educational one.  If trading is a skill you want to learn, BitVegas, then trading experience (within affordable loss risks) is essential - as is reading up on trade size strategies in relation to your overall bank, record keeping, psychological factors, entry/exit strategies etc.  It is very easy to get the impression from a forum like this that many more are successful than actually are because admitting losses on line as you nobly did is less common than keeping quiet about losses and bragging about our wins.  With bitcoin trading there is the added element of a tendency to mix trading to increase bitcoin holding (i.e. where holding fiat is an 'open trade') with trading to increase fiat holding (where an 'open trade' is having a short-term bitcoin holding).  People not clear on their intent can kid themselves for a long time that they are trading successfully!
legendary

acknowledged. i think we have to pass 115 before the ABC count for the continuing bear trend can be invalidated/confirm a wave 3
legendary
We need to break 115 USD and then 133.5 USD from 2013-5-26, so that I can have a lot of money.

Marked my buying spot, im now 100% BTC.

but we need more people not yet fully 100% in BTC  so that we keep going up!!  Huh
We need to break 115 USD and then 133.5 USD from 2013-5-26, so that I can have a lot of money.

Marked my buying spot, im now 85% BTC (15% LTC).
legendary

I disagree. You had some Bitcoins at $90, now you have some Bitcoins at $110. Winning.

Yeah. I got very lucky trading when I first started and that was before I knew anything.

Now the 'more educated' me has failed time after time. I'm switching to buy and hold and in it for the long term. Smiley Trading ain't my game!

start small and learn from your mistakes!! trading provides invaluable insights
Activity: 252

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

And you'll sell at 90 again  Grin
Activity: 252

donator
Activity: 2772
It wouldn't surprise me if every single whale buy since $65 was by a different person. There are a lot of people very interested in this new phenomenon, and they each have their own circumstances, plan, entry point, tolerance for goxxing, and fear of missing the train.

+1 Yes, of course.

BUY BUY BUY! ;-)
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
It wouldn't surprise me if every single whale buy since $65 was by a different person. There are a lot of people very interested in this new phenomenon, and they each have their own circumstances, plan, entry point, tolerance for goxxing, and fear of missing the train.

+1 Yes, of course.
Jump to: