Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32509. (Read 26471868 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
so gox has no more coins - the whale can go to the futures exchange and start shorting, short more contracts than coins he has, and then start a massive dump

I suppose you mean the 796 exchange. I doubt that the BTC market would pay attention to the open interest on 796 anymore than large sneks listen to girls.
legendary
ironically enough, all this about gox is just convincing me to become more bullish.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
@solex: Personally I would imagine that its a few large groups that brought this rally on. Not 1 person, no, but maybe 2 or 3 groups.

It's climbing high on relatively low volume. Not convincing, is it? Someone's been working hard though to move the price up over the past few days. The question is why? And will it work?

Thats because there are no more asks...

It was 150k 3 weeks ago or so. Now just 73k.

so gox has no more coins - the whale can go to the futures exchange and start shorting, short more contracts than coins he has, and then start a massive dump
legendary
^we don't exactly know how much is fear driven and how much is bullish. if i had USD stuck on gox, I'd buy because of both factors, ie price is still rising and since i can't withdraw GXD to buy at bitstamp. at the same time, i'd be very weary of selling on bistamp at such a guaranteed loss, esp if i believe in the long term future of bitcoin. if i were in those shoes, my thinking would be, might as well hold than panic sell the price down!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
i feel like more fiat could/should hit bitstamp

Well, 10% spread pretty much confirms this is a fear driven price increase [as any new non-whale buyers are unconditionally better off at bitstamp]

Then again, most of the buys are whales... Still, they could easily send 350k to bitstamp and claim and pre 110 asks, giving them an average price of $104/BTC versus... $111
legendary
i feel like more fiat could/should hit bitstamp
legendary
@solex: Personally I would imagine that its a few large groups that brought this rally on. Not 1 person, no, but maybe 2 or 3 groups.

It's climbing high on relatively low volume. Not convincing, is it? Someone's been working hard though to move the price up over the past few days. The question is why? And will it work?

Thats because there are no more asks...

It was 150k 3 weeks ago or so. Now just 73k.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
It wouldn't surprise me if every single whale buy since $65 was by a different person. There are a lot of people very interested in this new phenomenon, and they each have their own circumstances, plan, entry point, tolerance for goxxing, and fear of missing the train.
legendary
there is little depth on the bid side, a 5k BTC dump would send us back to 104.

just someone wants coin really bad hitting up all the ask.

If they wanted it really bad they could have just put a wall up at 108 or lower and let it get eaten away at, because there's no reason to suspect it wouldn't. This seems more like either multiple whales fighting for coins, or someone with inside information that is in a rush to get coins.

Also, I think it's inevitable that of the almost 200 countries in the world, some of them are going to wake up to Bitcoin and have the funds to just mow down on them just like this and potentially put themselves at a massive financial advantage in the future. Kinda surprised it isn't already happening. For the cost of one fighter jet you could get yourself quite a few shiny bitcoins.

...? Yesterday bid walls were put up at 100 and high 90s after the rise.. and only about half eaten. Do you really think a bid wall at 108 would be eaten? 1k at 107 hasnt been touched. 109 got ate. And then the buyers continued.

There is no selling pressure atm.

109 got eaten fast, which means that if this was just one single person, they wouldn't be buying into walls, but rather just re-filling their 109 wall.

Except when walls are refilled, they stop being sold into. Unless its really small sellers, they can be dumb and continually eat at the same walls.

You dont sell with the anticipation that the price will, at worst, remain the same. People take bid walls because they hope its a good price AKA, near the top, AKA, the price will go down.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
All the major payment processors have stopped using Mt Gox, so the selling pressure their operations create has also moved.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

If they wanted it really bad they could have just put a wall up at 108 or lower and let it get eaten away at, because there's no reason to suspect it wouldn't. This seems more like either multiple whales fighting for coins, or someone with inside information that is in a rush to get coins.

Also, I think it's inevitable that of the almost 200 countries in the world, some of them are going to wake up to Bitcoin and have the funds to just mow down on them just like this and potentially put themselves at a massive financial advantage in the future. Kinda surprised it isn't already happening. For the cost of one fighter jet you could get yourself quite a few shiny bitcoins.

...? Yesterday bid walls were put up at 100 and high 90s after the rise.. and only about half eaten. Do you really think a bid wall at 108 would be eaten? 1k at 107 hasnt been touched. 109 got ate. And then the buyers continued.

109 got eaten fast, which means that if this was just one single person, they wouldn't be buying into walls, but rather just re-filling their 109 wall.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013

but why?
1) Inside information about something that will cause greater demand for bitcoins in the near future.
2) Someone desperately wants to get their funds out of Mt Gox and are willing to incur significant slippages to do so via buying bitcoins and withdrawing them to another exchange.
3) Some random new trader with a significant amount of dollars to spend wants some bitcoins.
4) Large account holders have given up on trying to withdraw USD, so Mt Gox is speculating with their deposits.
legendary
COMEBACK TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES!!!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 669
Activity: 530

but why?
Jump to: