Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32548. (Read 26471311 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
They've been doing their best to contribute to a FUD environment and stunt Bitcoin's growth by scaring off investors for a while now. Not that I'm surprised given the deflating bubble.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
They've been doing their best to contribute to a FUD environment and stunt Bitcoin's growth by scaring off investors for a while now. Not that I'm surprised given the deflating bubble.

It gives them time to get their software and processes in order.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

This guy said it best:

First everyone ran for Gox and now all people want to get out again. Always everyone at the same time. No patience, but want to make 1000% profit.

All the money was uploaded from January to mid-April and it will take at least several month to download it again. There is no Dwolla, no OKPAY, no more Liberty Reserve.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Assuming that the recent rise is partly from people desperate for fiat and buying coins to dump on Bitstamp I thought I would check MtGox's facebook page for any clues that they are actually starting to clear the wire backlog.

This from yesterday shows no improvement:

"Alexandra Sokolova   Not kidding, they are dicking me and many other around. I know someone who decided to cash out in 130k April, and wire transfer in seperate transactions thoughout late April and early May, they proccessed some of the smaller ones but all the larger ones are still pending 3 months later."
https://www.facebook.com/MtGox

Didn't MtGox say they were hiring a comms person a few months ago?

WTF do they do? I know customers can be annoying, but at the very least, responding to posts on a public Facebook page should be a priority, even if you have nothing to report.  What is it with Bitcoin businesses thinking they are immune to basic customer service?

Even if they just constantly repeat "Unfortunately our withdrawal demand is far in excess of capacity, and some larger withdrawals are required to be held for compliance purposes. Unfortunately we cannot give any more information at this time.", it's better than just leaving posts to rot.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 252
Somebody's got to do it...while the rest of the world rides the fence and begs the US for handouts.  Everybody "hates" America but you all love our mighty dollar.

LOL I hope you're trolling for laughs.

Or do you actually believe that crap, and while you're at it, do you buy advertised "brand name" products and vote for a political party that spends more on some goofy military crap than on important things like public healthcare? Isn't propaganda a wonderful thing?

China obviously loves the "mighty" greenback. Wait until they call their loans.

LOL

That's the beauty of loans...you don't have to pay them back.   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Assuming that the recent rise is partly from people desperate for fiat and buying coins to dump on Bitstamp I thought I would check MtGox's facebook page for any clues that they are actually starting to clear the wire backlog.

This from yesterday shows no improvement:

"Alexandra Sokolova   Not kidding, they are dicking me and many other around. I know someone who decided to cash out in 130k April, and wire transfer in seperate transactions thoughout late April and early May, they proccessed some of the smaller ones but all the larger ones are still pending 3 months later."
https://www.facebook.com/MtGox
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
Somebody's got to do it...while the rest of the world rides the fence and begs the US for handouts.  Everybody "hates" America but you all love our mighty dollar.

LOL I hope you're trolling for laughs.

Or do you actually believe that crap, and while you're at it, do you buy advertised "brand name" products and vote for a political party that spends more on some goofy military crap than on important things like public healthcare? Isn't propaganda a wonderful thing?

China obviously loves the "mighty" greenback. Wait until they call their loans.

LOL

_____

I shouldn't laugh too loud. Our spineless Regressive Conservative government isn't much better. Unfortunately the loonie is so tied to the greenback it's almost as worthless.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 252
"Team America: World Police"

legendary
legendary
Merit: 1125
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
"Team America: World Police"
legendary
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
What do you mean by "business itself is in US"?  What part of US was Liberty Reserve in?
Proably the US did something illegal. The USA has no jurisdiction outside of its own territory and US laws only apply within its own borders.

LOL, try telling that to Viktor Bout

A Russian who was entrapped by the FBI in Thailand and suddenly he finds himself in prison in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Bout
http://www.victorbout.com/

Currently doing 25 years in NY.
thats Thailand, any country could do that with Thailand, for a small fee of course
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
LOL@everyone moving coins to Bitsamp. Keeping money on any exchange not registered, or seeking registration, with Fincen is idiotic at this point. Any business intentionally or knowingly offering services to US citizens is subject to laws there.

Only if the business itself is in the US because US laws do not apply anywhere outside the US.

What do you mean by "business itself is in US"?  What part of US was Liberty Reserve in?

Costa Rica

Pura Vida Mae!
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
US is quite powerful. We have this couple dealing steroids. US wants them, but Slovenia and US don't have agreement.
http://www.justice.gov/dea/divisions/bos/2013/bos053113a.shtml

We will see what will happen, but all this is not very positive for bitcoin train.
Jump to: