Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32567. (Read 26471069 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
If your libertarian romantic ever plays out I rather think we are facing the extinction of the human race. 
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
...It's about having good money. And by good I mean: scarce, easily transferrable, fungible, easily auditable, accessible to anyone, ownable (deny access to others). Once you have that the economy (= the people) will thrive and prosper because the market can do its thing without money injections bloating it up in various places and distorting price signals.

I just wonder if the market can *still* do its thing without "monetary injections."  It hasn't lived a"natural" lifestyle for so long, shooting meth to wake up, dope to get through the day & horse tranqs to fall asleep -- i doubt it could get clean without barfing all over the place, throwing temper tantrums & cleaning out my wallet for "just one more fix."  What if the best we could look forward to is a series of methadone clinics, AA meetings & ugly relapses?  "If you gonna be like this, might as well get back on the stuff, Lee."

The economy is a swarm of entities. You can talk about it like it was one organism, which is true to an extent, but on the other hand if parts of that swarm fail, it doesn't mean the whole thing dies.

Parts of the economy will die a horrible death and/or suffer severe withdrawal symptoms. Guess which parts: the ineffective ones that had been regularly injected before. The party will be over for those guys, their confidence dwindling and being replaced by suicidal wishes and hate. Some will come around, though.

Other parts of the economy that had previously been suppressed and kept from fair market access are going to thrive and steal the show of the fake boys on coke in their unreasonably big cars.

The cancer will die off.

To come back to an earlier point by coinseeker: Yes, it's imagination. But doesn't everything start like that? As dreams in the heads of people?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
...It's about having good money. And by good I mean: scarce, easily transferrable, fungible, easily auditable, accessible to anyone, ownable (deny access to others). Once you have that the economy (= the people) will thrive and prosper because the market can do its thing without money injections bloating it up in various places and distorting price signals.

I just wonder if the market can *still* do its thing without "monetary injections."  It hasn't lived a"natural" lifestyle for so long, shooting meth to wake up, dope to get through the day & horse tranqs to fall asleep -- i doubt it could get clean without barfing all over the place, throwing temper tantrums & cleaning out my wallet for "just one more fix."  What if the best we could look forward to is a series of methadone clinics, AA meetings & ugly relapses?  "If you gonna be like this, might as well get back on the stuff, Lee."
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
What is shows is that people will do anything to get that mighty USD.  Don't confuse that with love of Bitcoin...it's just another bridge to something real, secure and trusted.  Oh yeah...King Dollar.   Wink

Confuse?
I got to call bullshit when I see it and well... "Bullshit".
It's one thing to be a short to mid term bear (and ride that wave as it agrees with your overall opinion), but it's another to distort and try to hijack and overall great picture.

No matter what currency is king (and the dollar will continue for a while longer), the ability to have a tool that allows you to move in and out of it regardless of governments wishes (regulations, power, etc.) is a power we have not experienced (that I am aware of) before. Gold and Silver are too easily stopped (due to obvious reasons). To have a digital version though, is another story.

So, ride the bear wave all you want but don't stretch that same bullshit to a revolutionary technology.
Don't cloud what is so clear.

I have a feeling when BTC once again does clearly turn around and become huge, you will not change your opinion what so ever.

It's these moments that you so poorly hide that show your true colors...

If I'm wrong... oops.  Grin

You can paint whatever delusions you want...they are using BTC to get USD.  Period.  They would use bear Sh%t, if anyone would accept if for USD but that doesn't mean they like bear sh%t.  The technology is revolutionary sure but there is plenty of it out there and much more to come.  Maybe BTC will be one of many to survive, maybe it won't.  I could care less because what I know is the delusions of you permabulls that Bitcoin is like the "internet" and a "one world currency is imminent" are all fantasies created in your own minds.  

It's crypto that is like the "internet".  Bitcoin is just a single brand, like Netscape or maybe AOL.  Who knows, who cares.  
Crypto is here to stay, no denying that and I love it, especially under regulations.  But Bitcoin is just another brand that can fade like any other brand.  This is why I love Ripple.  It's about letting people engage in commerce with ANY currency, not trying to force just one currency down everyones throat.  But I digress... Wink

Bitcoin is just a type of crypto, yes. But a strong one... the first one. It's likely to make it out on top when crypto in general becomes accepted by more and more people. If not (and another, better one comes out on top), well: fine be me. I might be a little disgruntled and kick myself for not buying more TopCoin earlier, but I'll still be living in a world that has no assholes being able to print money at will and that's the real upside.

Yes, they (Argentinians) are using BTC to get USD, but they're having contact with Bitcoin and actually using it. They will not just simply forget about the concept. They are now infected with the crypto virus. Takes time to incubate, but it never leaves you and in no time you find yourself bragging about how you teleported your wealth out of the country by memorizing a string of numbers and letters to your friends and had you just not converted back to USD you'd now be twice as rich, damnit, maybe I should buy some bitcoins again Wink.

"It's about letting people engage in commerce with ANY currency" <- I disagree. It's not about that. Yes: ripple is a wonderful system (or open transactions?) for allowing transmission and automatic trade of IOUs. In case you're saying XRP (the ripple built-in money you need for using the system) is the money in ripple that will become the "main currency" everything will be based off of (reserve currency) then your argument is moot because then we're talking one currency again. Ripple can be great for running your local or niche currency and it can be a good tool for transferring IOUs of existing currencies, but it doesn't solve counterparty risk or problems inherent to the moneys you're transferring IOUs of.

It's about having good money. And by good I mean: scarce, easily transferrable, fungible, easily auditable, accessible to anyone, ownable (deny access to others). Once you have that the economy (= the people) will thrive and prosper because the market can do its thing without money injections bloating it up in various places and distorting price signals.

Nicely said and thanks for saving me some more typing.  Grin    Coinseeker likes to integrate a variety of logical fallacies into his posts and you clarified things.

Exactly - it isn't about BTC per say but it is the best, most accepted and first to the show. It would be great if BTC is The One to succeed, but that is not the point. We are a part of something bigger.

And correct again, it is being used and is giving us a choice as a medium of exchange. Be it for products, as a store of wealth or to subvertedly get into and out of other currencies... Really, it is like digital gold.

donator
What is shows is that people will do anything to get that mighty USD.  Don't confuse that with love of Bitcoin...it's just another bridge to something real, secure and trusted.  Oh yeah...King Dollar.   Wink

Confuse?
I got to call bullshit when I see it and well... "Bullshit".
It's one thing to be a short to mid term bear (and ride that wave as it agrees with your overall opinion), but it's another to distort and try to hijack and overall great picture.

No matter what currency is king (and the dollar will continue for a while longer), the ability to have a tool that allows you to move in and out of it regardless of governments wishes (regulations, power, etc.) is a power we have not experienced (that I am aware of) before. Gold and Silver are too easily stopped (due to obvious reasons). To have a digital version though, is another story.

So, ride the bear wave all you want but don't stretch that same bullshit to a revolutionary technology.
Don't cloud what is so clear.

I have a feeling when BTC once again does clearly turn around and become huge, you will not change your opinion what so ever.

It's these moments that you so poorly hide that show your true colors...

If I'm wrong... oops.  Grin

You can paint whatever delusions you want...they are using BTC to get USD.  Period.  They would use bear Sh%t, if anyone would accept if for USD but that doesn't mean they like bear sh%t.  The technology is revolutionary sure but there is plenty of it out there and much more to come.  Maybe BTC will be one of many to survive, maybe it won't.  I could care less because what I know is the delusions of you permabulls that Bitcoin is like the "internet" and a "one world currency is imminent" are all fantasies created in your own minds.  

It's crypto that is like the "internet".  Bitcoin is just a single brand, like Netscape or maybe AOL.  Who knows, who cares.  
Crypto is here to stay, no denying that and I love it, especially under regulations.  But Bitcoin is just another brand that can fade like any other brand.  This is why I love Ripple.  It's about letting people engage in commerce with ANY currency, not trying to force just one currency down everyones throat.  But I digress... Wink

Bitcoin is just a type of crypto, yes. But a strong one... the first one. It's likely to make it out on top when crypto in general becomes accepted by more and more people. If not (and another, better one comes out on top), well: fine be me. I might be a little disgruntled and kick myself for not buying more TopCoin earlier, but I'll still be living in a world that has no assholes being able to print money at will and that's the real upside.

Yes, they (Argentinians) are using BTC to get USD, but they're having contact with Bitcoin and actually using it. They will not just simply forget about the concept. They are now infected with the crypto virus. Takes time to incubate, but it never leaves you and in no time you find yourself bragging about how you teleported your wealth out of the country by memorizing a string of numbers and letters to your friends and had you just not converted back to USD you'd now be twice as rich, damnit, maybe I should buy some bitcoins again Wink.

"It's about letting people engage in commerce with ANY currency" <- I disagree. It's not about that. Yes: ripple is a wonderful system (or open transactions?) for allowing transmission and automatic trade of IOUs. In case you're saying XRP (the ripple built-in money you need for using the system) is the money in ripple that will become the "main currency" everything will be based off of (reserve currency) then your argument is moot because then we're talking one currency again. Ripple can be great for running your local or niche currency and it can be a good tool for transferring IOUs of existing currencies, but it doesn't solve counterparty risk or problems inherent to the moneys you're transferring IOUs of.

It's about having good money. And by good I mean: scarce, easily transferrable, fungible, easily auditable, accessible to anyone, ownable (deny access to others). Once you have that the economy (= the people) will thrive and prosper because the market can do its thing without money injections bloating it up in various places and distorting price signals.

legendary
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
well, I'm sure if they see bitcoin appreciation outpacing USD inflation, they'll eventually tend to hold bitcoins over dollars

THIS
donator

We are certainly getting closer to their apocalypse (Us uncovering the truth). But how long will it go on?

THAT is the 64 quadrillion dollar question ...

I truly hope that they do not use more war as a means of prolonging the inevitable, but I would certainly not rule it out  Sad

boom, bust, war... repeat.

I fear they might want to go that route once again. Only the people of the world can stop it.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1834
getting steeper?

also, how do I run chartbuddy live?
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Truth is though, btc is not needed at all for this whole arbitrage. It can simply be done with CC's and bank acc's from Arg and one other country. This is a USD / CC forced policy arbitrage, and not something that sprung out of bitcoin. No one in Argentina can buy BTC with pesos.

Other than taking BTC across the border is likely way simpler than USD.

If you do that, you cannot sell the USD to the black market, because you can't get USD for your BTC inside Argentina (at black market rate).

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
1088 buy wall at $89...someone doesn't want the price to go down...

That is not even a wall. How long you been around here?

Also, when a wall get pulled (most do), the price moves TOWARDS the wall not away. Price manipulation 101, bro.

Dummy.

Cheesy

Longer than 14 days Smiley It is a wall. However we all know what happens to "walls" around here.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Also, when a wall get pulled (most do), the price moves TOWARDS the wall not away. Price manipulation 101, bro.

Dummy.

Cheesy

I was going to respond, but then noticed you are ignored already with what 100 posts.

idiot Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode

Dummy.

Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Jump to: