Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33024. (Read 26466540 times)

Activity: 788
Merit: 1001
We need more volume in the exchanges..

Jaroslaw time to buy?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Wish the forum had a auto partial page refresh, appending only new posts instead having to manually reloading entire pages.
Ajax. Google style.

Hmm. Might not be impossible. Maybe a firefox plugin. Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
Price plummeting as expected. The big buyers who propped the price up from $99 to $110 where kinda reckless - there's absolutely no buying pressure to support their move.

Now we have a mini-wall of aprox. $240k at $101. Lately we hadn't had much "fake walls" being pulled, both bid and asks have been pretty "honest" and they have been filled. Therefore, that mini-wall at $101 could slow the downtrend a bit. Anyhow, I really don't see the point of buying at $101, as there is absolutely no support around $100, apart from that mini-wall at $101. Next real support point at $90, and next crucial support at $80ish -> if that point is broken, $50 coins will be around the corner.

A lot of the initial rise was due to arbitrage. The selling on Gox was unnatural and too far, too fast caused by blatant manipulation. There were many arb opportunities with a number of other markets not having the appetite to depress as quickly as Gox.

The rise to 110 surprised me, but -- in all honesty -- it is no less rational than the incredible dumps I saw just to drop the price below $100.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I dump some coins sorry for downtrend

you learn english sorry for advice
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Price plummeting as expected. The big buyers who propped the price up from $99 to $110 where kinda reckless - there's absolutely no buying pressure to support their move.

Now we have a mini-wall of aprox. $240k at $101. Lately we hadn't had much "fake walls" being pulled, both bid and asks have been pretty "honest" and they have been filled. Therefore, that mini-wall at $101 could slow the downtrend a bit. Anyhow, I really don't see the point of buying at $101, as there is absolutely no support around $100, apart from that mini-wall at $101. Next real support point at $90, and next crucial support at $80ish -> if that point is broken, $50 coins will be around the corner.

When you take out that 'reckless buy', TBH, there wasn't really that much volume in the rally. No volume at all in this downtick. I smell a short-term bear trap TBH unless someone really panics (or creates one)
I agree with you medium-term outlook, just think we will hang around a few days or longer before it plays out.
$88 - $110 was a pretty big move ... 25% ... pretty reasonable to have a pullback after that
legendary
Actually the only thing worrying me for the middle term BTC price is the legal situation in USA.
How is that now? Still endangered by the department for homeland security?

It will always be in danger. Even if it looks safe for now (which it doesn't IMO), that doesn't count for much if it looks like BTC might actually be some threat to the dollar or even just a change in the administration or makeup of the elected bodies.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
supernode
I dump some coins sorry for downtrend
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

when you don't have coins anymore to push the price down you need to reload...

LOL thats surely the job of a govt agency reloading bullets high price to sell lower..
I'd rather think its one stupid whale having tons of coins and spending his spare fiat desperately hoping for the train to follow
legendary
idk what to do!

When in danger, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
wow, ok i was totally wrong expecting dumps during the night...
so just one ridiculously big pump to 110$?

hmm smells like a possible bulltrap to me.
perhaps then next dump middle of this week?

big pump can have long term plans..  
but it's a bit strange .. he could have waited when we hit real bottom.. or tested bottom at least 2 times..  
maybe we have seen bottom.. it's all a big guess right now.

...then wait for short phase of growth and start dumping again Smiley
you really can milk the market like a cow when you have the coins for it.
well after all that's the nature of a free market.
welcome to the jungle of bitoin Cheesy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

but it's a bit strange .. he could have waited when we hit real bottom.. or tested bottom at least 2 times.. 

legendary

This time we had significant buying volume on the way up, which is something we haven't seen for weeks. That's a good sign for the bulls theoretically speaking, but that volume vanished as soon as we touched $110.

The problem here is that without buying pressure price cannot go up. Sure, the sellers sit tight and hold, so price slowly creeps up (with low volume) or stays stable… But as soon as someone needs to cash out +10k BTC there we go, down the cliff. No buyers to stop the free fall, which stops only when the dumper runs out of ammo.

After selling a lot between $90 and $118ish, I bought back a little coins at $101ish, sold them again at $108.5 earlier today. I expect the price to go lower than $90 soon enough.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 980
Meaning don't believe all the bullshit you hear/read
Activity: 980
From Mt.Gox Facebook

Dear Friends,

We just want to remind everyone that only announcements released on mtgox.com or our Facebook and Google+ pages are official statements. Any news and service updates from Mt. Gox will be posted to these platforms at the appropriate times.

There can be misleading information being spread about Bitcoin and Mt. Gox which everyone should be careful about. If in doubt about any news circulating, please remember to check our official statements to verify them.

We appreciate your support.

Mt. Gox Team
Jump to: