Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33124. (Read 26465686 times)

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Looking at past action, you would always do well to hold (unless you can call those tops and bottoms like a pro - but do you want to get caught with your pants down considering what we are talking about with BTC?)

Interesting...
If really you want to be the careful type, shouldn't you wait on the sideline with your fiat ready, as price has a tendency to fall faster than going up?

There's always the fear of a black swan event rocketing bitcoin into the sky. I don't know why, but I think many bulls have this fear including myself. I don't like to sit on the sidelines for too long, I can sit out a weekend but that's it really. Tongue
Imagine selling all your BTC and then seeing the price just leave you behind, forever...? having to buy in at a massive loss or just accept it's game over, buy that ferrari you never really needed and not look back? Bitcoin is so... revolutionary... it's like being back in the early 90s before the internet took of... like buying shares in google, apple or facebook before mainstream adoption... I can't stomach staying out of this, bitcoin is my wildest fantasy coming true... this is why I am the careful type and hold 100% BTC  Smiley

It's better losing some fiat (temporary) than to end up with sellers remorse.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Looking at past action, you would always do well to hold (unless you can call those tops and bottoms like a pro - but do you want to get caught with your pants down considering what we are talking about with BTC?)

Interesting...
If really you want to be the careful type, shouldn't you wait on the sideline with your fiat ready, as price has a tendency to fall faster than going up?

There's always the fear of a black swan event rocketing bitcoin into the sky. I don't know why, but I think many bulls have this fear including myself. I don't like to sit on the sidelines for too long, I can sit out a weekend but that's it really. Tongue

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
hmmm ,  everyone is bearish , everyone is selling , nobody is buying....

price is going up..

BIG SECRET BELOW
don't trust people on forums

Sort of:  Trust them to say the exact opposite of what they are doing.   They are actually the best indicator of the opposite of what's going to happen.

i dont agree, its easy to see what hand people are holding by their bearish or bullish comments and "analyst", and generally people are honest....  when they say they got ZhouTonged ...they got ZhouTonged!

you trust no one, i trust that everyone is just talking their hand trying to get price to move in the direction they want on this subforum.

So... people are honest but they are trying to move the price?

I, for one, don't believe this forum has much of an influence on the price.
(Unless there's nobody else left, which would be quite bearish IMO  Cheesy )
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It would be nice if we all could just agreed which direction we want the market to go, but then it would just become a game of chicken. The first to sell at the top to get the most, the last to sell at the bottom to lose the most, and then there's everyone in between, going along for the ride, prepared to cut their losses and take their gains. Perhaps uncertain stability isn't so bad after all.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
hmmm ,  everyone is bearish , everyone is selling , nobody is buying....

price is going up..

BIG SECRET BELOW

Sort of:  Trust them to say the exact opposite of what they are doing.   They are actually the best indicator of the opposite of what's going to happen.

i dont agree, its easy to see what hand people are holding by their bearish or bullish comments and "analyst", and generally people are honest....  when they say they got ZhouTonged ...they got ZhouTonged!

you trust no one, i trust that everyone is just talking their hand trying to get price to move in the direction they want on this subforum.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

120!!!  Cheesy

that is all.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
hmmm ,  everyone is bearish , everyone is selling , nobody is buying....

price is going up..

BIG SECRET BELOW

Shhht! You broke the first rule of the Wall Observer Club  Angry

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

Interesting...

Just like the Christians fear of the rapture and the Scientologists fear of the return of Xenu. 
Activity: 112

Interesting...

I know exactly what you mean. It could happen any day now. . I'd hate to miss it.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Interesting...

Interesting...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Mehhh...

There's no warranty whatsoever that that wall will ever be eaten.
Is there even enough fiat on bitstamp's order book in total to execute it?

I see a lot of will by the bitcoin comunity but the price is surely having a hard time going up.

I won't sell but this optimism taken for granted... dunno. I'm skeptical.

On the other hand, there is quite a bit of pressure, the wall has already been scratched a couple of time. I guess if we break past it, it will be a breeze till we reach 200, and then it's f**king on.

We have to consider news, at some point, from a large firm like Paypal or the like (acting as a funding mechanism) that will make any "current state" of things, explode on a dime.
We are taking part in the largest social experiment ever. Many shocking things will come with it.

That said, I feel what you are saying, but one never really knows when the direction will turn. Looking at past action, you would always do well to hold (unless you can call those tops and bottoms like a pro - but do you want to get caught with your pants down considering what we are talking about with BTC?)
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

Well, we've had two now saying don't be a pussy. So involuntary micturition is my prognosis Smiley
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Mehhh...

There's no warranty whatsoever that that wall will ever be eaten.
Is there even enough fiat on bitstamp's order book in total to execute it?

I see a lot of will by the bitcoin comunity but the price is surely having a hard time going up.

I won't sell but this optimism taken for granted... dunno. I'm skeptical.

On the other hand, there is quite a bit of pressure, the wall has already been scratched a couple of time. I guess if we break past it, it will be a breeze till we reach 200, and then it's f**king on.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
I TOTALLY don't expect to break even. Not even close. I am getting it as a tea warmer and novelty device (but mostly to do my small part for the network).
My feeling is that you might have been better off not giving your money to a company that has done so much harm to the Bitcoin community. There are other ASIC options out there. But your choice.

I can see your point and somewhat agree with you. The thing is, the Jalapeno's are small and don't use much energy (and are relatively quiet).

I won't look back years later and see how much it was worth in "current" BTC's as it was from my spending wallet.

That said, I certainly hope I didn't in a sense hurt the BTC community by supporting what many question to be a fraudulent company. But they certainly are shipping some units lately....
I ordered one a little while back, then I discovered how long people have been waiting and haven't ordered any more.  If I had confidence in them to deliver them within a reasonable timeframe then I'd be ordering them as quickly as I can afford to (occasionally with my budget) but I don't. Of course though if it does turn up before the difficulty rises so high that it's useless then that's good but I'll just have to wait and see.

I've been doing a little mining with my GTX580s but the only benefit there is that the heat they kick out saves me from buying gas to heat the living room, other than that I doubt that they break even so I've stopped now that summer's arriving - and it's nice and quiet in here for a change too!

Maybe I'd do better by just buying BTC with the money and studying how to trade more effectively instead
Plus a few more where those came from... *yawn*

Hey, you are the one who asked.
Activity: 88
If I really wanted to buy some hardware memento, I would be more inclined to get an ASICminer USB. At least you know you will actually get one
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I TOTALLY don't expect to break even. Not even close. I am getting it as a tea warmer and novelty device (but mostly to do my small part for the network).
My feeling is that you might have been better off not giving your money to a company that has done so much harm to the Bitcoin community. There are other ASIC options out there. But your choice.

I can see your point and somewhat agree with you. The thing is, the Jalapeno's are small and don't use much energy (and are relatively quiet).

I won't look back years later and see how much it was worth in "current" BTC's as it was from my spending wallet.

That said, I certainly hope I didn't in a sense hurt the BTC community by supporting what many question to be a fraudulent company. But they certainly are shipping some units lately....
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Jump to: