Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33125. (Read 26465686 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Rampion - I hate to say it, but I am a bull. Maybe that is the wrong word though. I don't like labeling myself as anything, but I'm in this long term. Even if the price shot up, I want to remain a part of the biggest social experiment in the history of the world and not trade in and out of it.

That said, with my spending account I pre-ordered a Butterfly Labs Jalapeno today. I just thought in case the price drops I should spend my small reserve of coins, after all that is what they are for.
I know I may not even get the rig this year and when I do get it, it won't be able to mine anything but my point is to support the network in my own way. If it means just doing some of the transactions for .0001 BTC, then so be it. But in 15 years as my 5 BTC's are paying for my daughters college education I will also tell her I was helping a cause. And with some profit, as many of you will do, I will apply them to a greater good (outside my house!).

Hmmm, do I do the 7GH upgrade for $100 or hope that a firmware download is made available? Guess it won't matter come December/Jan or whenever it comes.

Rock on...

Thats incredibly brave of you, personally I would have just held the BTC. I assume you read all the threads where they haven't delivered etc? It could be that by the time you get it the difficulty will be so high that you never break even with it

I TOTALLY don't expect to break even. Not even close. I am getting it as a tea warmer and novelty device (but mostly to do my small part for the network).

Actually, I get the feeling we are going to see some Miners come out that blows our socks off. Perhaps they will be Chinese clones or the like, but I think by end of this year, 100 GH units will be not as uncommon as you might think.

I sold my Commodore 64 a while ago and wish I still had it for memories sake. So, I won't make the same mistake twice. And who knows, I might not even ever use the Jalapeno. Just sell it on Ebay in 10 years (or whenever BTC hits $10,000 each) for a lot. ehehhe
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Rampion - I hate to say it, but I am a bull. Maybe that is the wrong word though. I don't like labeling myself as anything, but I'm in this long term. Even if the price shot up, I want to remain a part of the biggest social experiment in the history of the world and not trade in and out of it.

That said, with my spending account I pre-ordered a Butterfly Labs Jalapeno today. I just thought in case the price drops I should spend my small reserve of coins, after all that is what they are for.
I know I may not even get the rig this year and when I do get it, it won't be able to mine anything but my point is to support the network in my own way. If it means just doing some of the transactions for .0001 BTC, then so be it. But in 15 years as my 5 BTC's are paying for my daughters college education I will also tell her I was helping a cause. And with some profit, as many of you will do, I will apply them to a greater good (outside my house!).

Hmmm, do I do the 7GH upgrade for $100 or hope that a firmware download is made available? Guess it won't matter come December/Jan or whenever it comes.

Rock on...

Thats incredibly brave of you, personally I would have just held the BTC. I assume you read all the threads where they haven't delivered etc? It could be that by the time you get it the difficulty will be so high that you never break even with it
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Hold on the motherfucking Bitcoin, he won't let you down, as he did not let down anyone with strong hands and cold mind since this baby was born in 2009

Don't be a pussy, Bitcoin will change the world, and the real winners in this game will be those who holded and increased their stashes crash after crash, bubble burst after bubble burst.

this, dude. this.

it's a revolution. a non-violent one. we can do it, we must.

the real winners are the people.

How do we get past bitstamps 130 wall though?

let time do it's thing.
legendary
Antifragile
Hold on the motherfucking Bitcoin, he won't let you down, as he did not let down anyone with strong hands and cold mind since this baby was born in 2009

Don't be a pussy, Bitcoin will change the world, and the real winners in this game will be those who holded and increased their stashes crash after crash, bubble burst after bubble burst.

this, dude. this.

When "the others" (masses) start finding out, you will be asking about the $1000 wall, then the $10,000 wall. But we will be talking mBTC long before that - perhaps this year.  Grin
legendary
Antifragile

Rock on...
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

this, dude. this.

donator

this, dude. this.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Jeeeeez, I'm such a sick Bitcoin permabull that as soon as I smell downward pressure I get all excited and I start sending fiat to exchanges like a mad man, willing to fulfill my wet dream of reaching the 5 figures in BTC, then I realize that 4 figures is good enough, then I read the techcrunch article with the "Bitcoin long term value calculator" and I go berserk again... Wash, rinse, repeat.

I will only say a couple of things:

Love the bear, he is the one selling us cheap coins

And now, enjoy the ride, it will be a bumpy one, and welcome the cheap coins ahead.
donator

This is a meaningless chart from May 11th. We're still in meaningless yellow territory (although $125 had been broken and new uptrend established (which was slightly exciting). But it's now invalidated.). So we're smurfing along in yellow territory.

I'm getting the feeling it can take a long time to get either below $80 or above $150 (which would establish new down/up trend).

Good or bad? Well, below $80 would be bad in my view. Above $160 would be great. Yellow area is good, too.

Btw: I stopped trading shortly after I made that chart for tax risk reasons and I have more time on my hands now for other things. This is great, you guys should try it Wink.
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
on bitstamp on the other hand, still the enourmous ask walls, seem to be slowly creeping down. Interesting that the last couple days have seen stronger bids though on bitstamp than in the medium term past.

Yes, i followed the rumble down of around 300btc, till 119,89.
Child play :|
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

you missed my point, I'm asking what their motivation might be for dumping in the first place.

I think that they have noticed that mood has changed significantly since wallzilla and 15 dollar drop and that's why they want out, at least for a while.
Activity: 434
Which trendline?

Maybe this one:

Or this one:

Or this one:

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Activity: 841
Mt.Gox took the lead again over Bitstamp.
Activity: 364
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

why?

because

A - big players already dumped? So if they did already they naturally would do it again.
B - because there is some real deep reason to be dumping right now that we don't know about?
C - just for jokes

or

D - because they think bitcoin is a fad and it's not on fire anymore, only a bubble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw&hd=1

or

E - because they believe lucif and the general "look at the 2011" past crew and expect a long downtrend despite whatever might be "different this time" https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2352736

or

F - something that I've clearly forgotten Smiley
Because they can't dump anything right now without the price dropping by 5 bucks right away?

you missed my point, I'm asking what their motivation might be for dumping in the first place.

The assumption that someone wants to sell a lot, and that the bids are too thin to allow them to sell as much as they want to at the price that they want to totally discounts whether or not someone might want to sell for a good reason in the first place.

A trendline broke, and there is SOME uncertainty in the air. But focusing on that discounts anything to the contrary.

Maybe the million dollar wall was rpetilia because he believed that price was great, maybe the sale that knocked us down was some guy who wanted to buy a nice car... who says there are more big whales desperately waiting to smash bitcoin to smithereens?

EDIT - yes, it's all about the trendline... after all, us humans do like to follow trends Smiley

perhaps a new (upwards) trendline will emerge that is less aggressive? who knows... it doesn't have to be some self fulfilling prophecy
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

why?
Because they can't dump anything right now without the price dropping by 5 bucks right away?
Though some are *trying* Cheesy
Activity: 252
My bet is that big players are waiting for support to grow in 118-120 region and then they will dump.

why?

because

A - big players already dumped? So if they did already they naturally would do it again.
B - because there is some real deep reason to be dumping right now that we don't know about?
C - just for jokes

or

D - because they think bitcoin is a fad and it's not on fire anymore, only a bubble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw&hd=1

or

E - because they believe lucif and the general "look at the 2011" past crew and expect a long downtrend despite whatever might be "different this time" https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2352736

or

F - something that I've clearly forgotten Smiley

I think that as now everyone sees that trendline is broken they will try to escape from bitcoin with taking as little hit as possible, and rebuy lower.
Jump to: